You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Should i be re-rasing?

edited July 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
casper20 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £8.49
Sir_Walter Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £1.56
kieronm Sit out     
  Your hole cards
  • Q

The_Don90 Call  £0.04 £0.10 £2.29
timdog1540 Call  £0.04 £0.14 £4.84
Gigglez Fold     
casper20 Call  £0.02 £0.16 £8.47
Sir_Walter Check     
Flop

• J

casper20 Check     
Sir_Walter Check     
The_Don90 Check     
timdog1540 Bet  £0.04 £0.20 £4.80
casper20 Call  £0.04 £0.24 £8.43
Ok ive flopped an open ended with flush draw, i have a fair amount of outs, should i be raising in this spot or calling to hit/miss my draws cheap.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    If we accept pre with the idea that we're going to play well post then at this level meh to the limp

anyway with this hand we have Q high but the world of outs, you want to c/r the flop quite large so as to a) give them an option to fold and let Q high take it down, and b) to build the pot incase you hit on turn or riv. Keep betting if you do hit and if you hit a non flush out bet haaaaard cos they wont seee it!! Queens can also be outs here against alot of their peeling ranges. :)  I'd raise to about 40 on the flop.

You want to play a 100bb stack not 55 bb though to give you full maneuverability post flop.
  • edited July 2010

Yeah i would raise to 16 which will disguise the strength of your hand so would be good down later streets if you hit. Need to be raising pre when first to act or fold as Harvey keeps drumming into me it does help