You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Won the hand but could have been played better?

edited August 2014 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
HeavyB Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.86
Herbmaster Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.90
  Your hole cards

ALSONG Call  £0.04 £0.10 £0.57
jjjach Fold     
xRaise  £0.16 £0.26 £5.06
The_Don90 Raise  £0.52 £0.78 £3.22
HeavyB Fold     
Herbmaster Fold     
ALSONG Fold     
xRaise  £1.80 £2.58 £3.26
The_Don90 Call  £1.44 £4.02 £1.78
Flop

xAll-in  £3.26 £7.28 £0.00
The_Don90 All-in  £1.78 £9.06 £0.00
xUnmatched bet  £1.48 £7.58 £1.48
xShow
  • A
  • K

The_Don90 Show

Turn

River

The_Don90 Win Two Pairs, 10s and 8s £7.02  £7.02
Im expecting everything including the kitchen sink thrown at me here. Played this hand mostly on gut feeling with position not that it really mattered, anyways id like to hear the more experianced cash players opinions

Comments

• edited July 2010
    PF its an AI or fold.  flat calling a 36bb 4bet is pretty ridic with 88
  • edited July 2010
    stop letting your dog play.
  • edited July 2010
    you hit the bottom of his range probably. ie. AK was the best you could hope for and you were lucky to not run into AA/KK/QQ/JJ.
  • edited July 2010
    total spew monkey, you're either massively over playing your hands in your last few posts or you're being way to aggro

3 betting after a guy makes a pretty decent raise of limpers is def not a good idea, unless you have reads he raises with marginal hands i.e sconns/lower pp, that you can get him to fold pre or most dry flops

when you get 4 bet you should be shoving or folding, flat calling leaving urself half ur orig stack is lunacy.

1. pre, you need to start ranging villains hand, assuming you have no reads and hes not a lagtard its safe to assume his raise could be all broadways and any pp, you raising essentially turns your hand into a bluff and you hope to rep any K or A high flop against their pp range and/or missed broadway cards. you should be flatting and then playing pokers on the flop
    2. flop, calling all in i dont suppose you have much choice given how committed you are and its not the worst flop in the world all be it you only beat AK but he was shoving any flop, hence why u may as well get it in pre than call the 4 bet

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Won the hand but could have been played better?:
    stop letting your dog play.
    Posted by offshoot
    As i no longer have the dog, id apprechiate it if this coment is not made in the future please.

total spew monkey, you're either massively over playing your hands in your last few posts or you're being way to aggro 3 betting after a guy makes a pretty decent raise of limpers is def not a good idea, unless you have reads he raises with marginal hands i.e sconns/lower pp, that you can get him to fold pre or most dry flops when you get 4 bet you should be shoving or folding, flat calling leaving urself half ur orig stack is lunacy. 1. pre, you need to start ranging villains hand, assuming you have no reads and hes not a lagtard its safe to assume his raise could be all broadways and any pp, you raising essentially turns your hand into a bluff and you hope to rep any K or A high flop against their pp range and/or missed broadway cards. you should be flatting and then playing pokers on the flop 2. flop, calling all in i dont suppose you have much choice given how committed you are and its not the worst flop in the world all be it you only beat AK but he was shoving any flop, hence why u may as well get it in pre than call the 4 bet
    Posted by lynx3ffect
    Thanks for the feedback.

As you said i should have shoved pre. Im still getting used to cash, and in a tournament i always like to hold a little back unless im 100% sure. The flop was about as best as i could hope for, without hitting a set really.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Won the hand but could have been played better? : As i no longer have the dog, id apprechiate it if this coment is not made in the future please. In Response to Re: Won the hand but could have been played better? : Thanks for the feedback. As you said i should have shoved pre. Im still getting used to cash, and in a tournament i always like to hold a little back unless im 100% sure. The flop was about as best as i could hope for, without hitting a set really.
    Posted by The_Don90
    easy tiger, i wasnt saying shoving was the right play! its wrong but better than calling his raise for half ur stack...this isnt a shipfest donkament, play some poker!
  • edited July 2010
    you shouldn't have shipped it pre.  you shoulda folded.  but folding >>>> AI >>>>> turning off your computer >>>> call
  • edited July 2010

Ok thanks again guys.