You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

tricky spot

edited July 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
The_Don90 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.37
timdog1540 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £4.21
  Your hole cards

Gigglez Fold     
casper20 Fold     
penfold506 Call  £0.04 £0.10 £2.27
The_Don90 Raise  £0.40 £0.50 £2.97
timdog1540 Raise  £0.76 £1.26 £3.45
penfold506 Fold     
The_Don90 Call  £0.38 £1.64 £2.59
Flop

• A
  • A

The_Don90 Check     
timdog1540 Bet  £1.64 £3.28 £1.81

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Raise less preflop (lol never thought id be saying that).
    Not sure if you have set mining odds pre. Ill let someone else answer that.
    The fold is fine on the flop. You beat nowt.
  • edited July 2010
    I'd have to fold here even at 2p/4p

personally would have fired on the flop as can get someone to fold any pp , hard to imagine they have anything other then an ace here maybe QQ, KK at worse. your right tricky spot and have to fold it in this spot
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: tricky spot:
    I'd have to fold here even at 2p/4p personally would have fired on the flop as can get someone to fold any pp , hard to imagine they have anything other then an ace here maybe QQ, KK at worse. your right tricky spot and have to fold it in this spot
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    I think donk betting at that flop is bad because all PPs will call putting you on a PP because surely you dont lead out there with an ace, why not let them fire a c bet if you had the ace.
  • edited July 2010
    good check fold. from experience, players on those tables more often than not call with most Ax hands regardless of 10xBB raises.
  • edited July 2010
    Raise less preflop (lol never thought id be saying that). Not sure if you have set mining odds pre. Ill let someone else answer that. The fold is fine on the flop. You beat nowt.
    Posted by BlackFish3

if you cant do set mining odds you should be shot, mr rush grinder! get reads lOL!

edit I like 10x out of position pre. :)
  • edited July 2010
    lol i can i was just being lazy. Yea i like at least 10x even IP, people seem reluctant to stack off lol. And their AK misses too much :( isntlike border line call/fold for set mining?
  • edited July 2010
    Raise less preflop (lol never thought id be saying that). Not sure if you have set mining odds pre. Ill let someone else answer that. The fold is fine on the flop. You beat nowt.
    Posted by BlackFish3 @ 3:36pm

In Response to Re: tricky spot:
    In Response to Re: tricky spot : if you cant do set mining odds you should be shot, mr rush grinder! get reads lOL! edit I like 10x out of position pre. :)
    Posted by beaneh @ 3:48pm

In Response to Re: tricky spot:
    lol i can i was just being lazy. Yea i like at least 10x even IP, people seem reluctant to stack off lol. And their AK misses too much :( isntlike border line call/fold for set mining?
    Posted by BlackFish3 @ 3:54pm

L O L
  • edited July 2010
    10x for set mining... (10x size of the raise for effective stack sizes)

bean you have way too much time on your hands. play some pokerz, win some moniez, take me out to dinner ;) x