You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hows this hand pan out?

edited July 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
timdog1540 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £4.96
Gigglez Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £5.32
kieronm Sit out     
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • A

casper20 Fold     
Sir_Walter Raise  £0.08 £0.14 £1.44
The_Don90 Raise  £0.16 £0.30 £2.03
timdog1540 Fold     
Gigglez Fold     
Sir_Walter Call  £0.08 £0.38 £1.36
Flop

Sir_Walter Bet  £0.12 £0.50 £1.24
The_Don90 Raise  £0.24 £0.74 £1.79
Sir_Walter Call  £0.12 £0.86 £1.12
OK ive re-raised pre trying to represent a hand, ive re-raised on the flop and got called both times, is it worth shutting down on the turn or if i see a check is a final barrel worth it?

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Raise more pre if you are gonna be raising.
    I dont even know what id do to the flop donk bet. would like to know opinions, i never know when to call just with the 2 overs, raise as a bluff or just chuck it.
  • edited July 2010
    No.

Preflop you have an ok hand and the button, so use them. Call.

IF however he is terrible and calls with any ace to any 3bet then re-raise him but make it a proper size like 45p.

On the flop, he leads weak and you raise even weaker if that's possible. You are essentially representing the hi I have aces and am minraising you lots player. Withj the 6-1 you are giving your opponent on the flop he can call with any flush draw straight draw back door two pair draw lol anything in the world has odds to call you. If you are going to raise the flop raise it bigger 80ish would be a pot raise on the flop. Again as i've said in other threads you have to look at the stack sizes and neither of you have much money so you could raise flop to 40p and fold on all streets and to any betting after when you dont improve.

I'd much rather just call pre fold this flop. Or i'd much rather peel this flop being given 3.5:1 with overs but in reality just fold to the lead and just flat call pre and reload before the hand :)