You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Another cash hand

Comments

• edited July 2010
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    biggs10 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £4.06
    The_Don90 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £1.73
      Your hole cards
    • K

timdog1540 Call  £0.04 £0.10 £2.50
    Gigglez Call  £0.04 £0.14 £5.19
    casper20 Call  £0.04 £0.18 £8.90
    biggs10 Call  £0.02 £0.20 £4.04
    The_Don90 Check     
    Flop

• K

biggs10 Bet  £0.04 £0.24 £4.00
    The_Don90 Raise  £0.32 £0.56 £1.41
    timdog1540 Fold     
    Gigglez Fold     
    casper20 Fold     
    biggs10 Call  £0.28 £0.84 £3.72
    Turn

biggs10 Check     
    The_Don90 Check     
    River

• Q

biggs10 Check     
    The_Don90 Bet  £0.63 £1.47 £0.78
    biggs10 Call  £0.63 £2.10 £3.09
    The_Don90 Show
    • K

biggs10 Muck
    • K

The_Don90 Win Full House, 10s and Kings £1.95  £2.73
    Edit: Forgot to add below

How do the more experianced cash players think i played this hand.
  • edited July 2010
    not sure if you had taken a hit before but before dohhhh says it you need to try  to make sure you are well stacked before you get these kind of hands.

that way im pretty sure here you could of stacked the guy rather than win a smallish pot.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Another cash hand:
    not sure if you had taken a hit before but before dohhhh says it you need to try  to make sure you are well stacked before you get these kind of hands. that way im pretty sure here you could of stacked the guy rather than win a smallish pot.
    Posted by donkeyplop
    Yea ive discussed this with Dohhh already. Im playing with the last of my BR treating it more like a freeroll just before i reload just to gain a litte bit of experiance.

Edit: Not 100% sure if hes in favor of the idea but i think he understands why
  • edited July 2010
    not really well done is it....

pre and flop is fine

why are u checking back turn? ok you want to give him a chance to make his draws but you still need to build the pot to get your stack in on the river and you should easy bet half pot, maybe less, on the turn which he still calls and shove the rest in on the river

missed out on your 78p lol (seriously buy in full)
  • edited July 2010
    put some money in turn.  40p or so.

• edited July 2010
    ok cool its just something im always being told  by people like dohhhhh  etc.....
  • edited July 2010
    what do you think of a squeeze pre lynx? yes they call light but we probs still can raise for value v limpers range? thoughts dude?
  • edited July 2010
    at this level, bet bet bet with your hands, you should bet turn to so pot is big enough for a river shove.
  • edited July 2010
    Thanks guys, DoHH also said to me why check the turn. I came up with the answer you gave lynx, i wanted him to catch his draws.

DoHHH then said, youve posted enough bad beats to know theyll call on draws, so why check. Have to say was the best answer possible.
  • edited July 2010
    I like the check on the turn. His 2 pair was just counterfeited and if he had a flush draw even if he did hit you were still beating him. It was very unlikey he had KK or was going to outdraw you, and while he might have called on the turn, he might have easily have folded too.

Checking then betting 63 on the river could look like you didn't have a 10 and hit the Q (after raising on the flop with a straight draw that missed)

Like these guys say, he may well have just called, and called to stack off. But you can't just assume everyone at that level is a complete donk. (i play there so maybe they are)
  • edited July 2010
    I like the check on the turn. His 2 pair was just counterfeited and if he had a flush draw even if he did hit you were still beating him. It was very unlikey he had KK or was going to outdraw you, and while he might have called on the turn, he might have easily have folded too. Checking then betting 63 on the river could look like you didn't have a 10 and hit the Q (after raising on the flop with a straight draw that missed) Like these guys say, he may well have just called, and called to stack off. But you can't just assume everyone at that level is a complete donk. (i play there so maybe they are)
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    Don't worry, they are. ;)
  • edited July 2010
    You should play this hand this way some of the time, the majority of the time you want to add a bet in on the turn too. :)
  • edited July 2010
    Thanks again. I didnt realise he was as strong as he was.
  • edited July 2010
    You should play this hand this way some of the time, the majority of the time you want to add a bet in on the turn too. :)
    Posted by beaneh
    this is true but on this occasion given stack sizes betting turn to get in on the river is best me thinks....
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Another cash hand : this is true but on this occasion given stack sizes betting turn to get in on the river is best me thinks....
    Posted by lynx3ffect

meh we could bet 15 p and get it in on river, as is we could just ob jam river it's not that big an ob.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Another cash hand : meh we could bet 15 p and get it in on river, as is we could just ob jam river it's not that big an ob.
    Posted by beaneh
    i know i just wanted to tell u ur wrong sweetie lol
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Another cash hand : i know i just wanted to tell u ur wrong sweetie lol
    Posted by lynx3ffect

ah babelicious how kinds of yous