You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How to play with a low bankroll

edited July 2010 in The Poker Clinic
i've heard lots of theories about shorting in cash games, and it is possible to do profitably. What do I need to be looking for if im to adopt this strategy

Comments

• edited July 2010
    just build your roll with a few dyms.

then play nl4 with a full buyin simples.
  • edited July 2010
    I know it goes against everything anybody ever says. But I like playing low stakes short stacked.

Yes it lowers your profit if you stick it all in but on tables where people are more likely to call with draws and suck out, to me it seems stupid to sit with maximun and risk losing it all.

Espescially if you only have a low bankroll (£25 or so).

Obviously don't go sitting on 25p/50p tables with £5.
  • edited July 2010
    You need to look to buy in short for a start.

Then you need to look around the table and assess everyones preflop game style and ranges.

Then you need to decide at what stack depth you can most take advantage of whatever mistakes the other players are making. Then you need to sit there for hours on end shoving or min raise folding or min raise calling it off and sucking up the massive variance from constantly getting it in as a flip. 

Yes you could show a profit but you could also kill yourself after the first few hundred lost flips.

Sitting with 100bbs is alot more fun and allows for alot more play. :)
  • edited July 2010

short stacing on sky is pointless, you need to play atleast 12 tables with a good rakeback deal to actally make decent amount,
    also be prepared to get alot of abuse and lose with the best of it a hell of a lot