You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

C-betting with a failed pre flop bluff

edited July 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
The_Don90 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £2.47
timdog1540 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £4.82
  Your hole cards
  • K

Gigglez Fold     
JR302 Call  £0.04 £0.10 £3.13
Sir_Walter Fold     
boxcarjo Call  £0.04 £0.14 £1.04
The_Don90 Raise  £0.10 £0.24 £2.37
timdog1540 Fold     
JR302 Call  £0.08 £0.32 £3.05
boxcarjo Call  £0.08 £0.40 £0.96
Flop

• J

Right i hadnt played a hand for a while here, so decided time to raise it up, table hasnt changed for a long time so i knew players would maybe take notice.

So how much should i c-bet to find out what my opponent has?

Comments

• edited July 2010
    31 English pence.

DO NOT DO THIS RAISE IN FUTURE THOUGH. ta. 

the size of the raise is bad, and the position you'll find yourself in on every street smells of not nice.
  • edited July 2010
    OK, I am going to play the foil to Beaneh here, just to get the conversation developed. Disclaimer: I am not saying I disagree with him, but I probably do anyway... :)

So, if you're not raising preflop with K-3s, are you suggesting we fold pre? Isn't king-high a favourite against a random hand in the big blind? Yes we know we have to play the hand out of position, etc, but doesn't folding this mean we are playing a little too tight?

You can discuss flat-calling out of the small blind too, if you like? Again, I'd rather be raising and being the aggressor in the hand so I can c-bet more convincingly on a larger range of flops, but limping in with a suited king in the small blind can't be utterly terrible can it? (so long as you're not constantly limping...).

Right, let 'em rip chaps!
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: C-betting with a failed pre flop bluff:
    OK, I am going to play the foil to Beaneh here, just to get the conversation developed. Disclaimer: I am not saying I disagree with him, but I probably do anyway... :) So, if you're not raising preflop with K-3s, are you suggesting we fold pre? Isn't king-high a favourite against a random hand in the big blind? Yes we know we have to play the hand out of position, etc, but doesn't folding this mean we are playing a little too tight? You can discuss flat-calling out of the small blind too, if you like? Again, I'd rather be raising and being the aggressor in the hand so I can c-bet more convincingly on a larger range of flops, but limping in with a suited king in the small blind can't be utterly terrible can it? (so long as you're not constantly limping...). Right, let 'em rip chaps!
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    beanehhhhs gonna get get ya

im too tired from reading/replying all of thedons posts to answer
  • edited July 2010
    OK, I am going to play the foil to Beaneh here, just to get the conversation developed. Disclaimer: I am not saying I disagree with him, but I probably do anyway... :) So, if you're not raising preflop with K-3s, are you suggesting we fold pre? Isn't king-high a favourite against a random hand in the big blind? Yes we know we have to play the hand out of position, etc, but doesn't folding this mean we are playing a little too tight? You can discuss flat-calling out of the small blind too, if you like? Again, I'd rather be raising and being the aggressor in the hand so I can c-bet more convincingly on a larger range of flops, but limping in with a suited king in the small blind can't be utterly terrible can it? (so long as you're not constantly limping...). Right, let 'em rip chaps!
    Posted by Sky_Dave

Ok to reprhase I think I could play K3s profitably for a raise out of the sb at nl4 however if we're new to the game and having to post lots of hands to get help/learn these are the sort of situations you want to cut down on rather than just small raising pots oop and playing weak hands against wide ranges with no reads.

And yes i'm saying fold pre. we aren't deep enough to flat cawl imo.
  • edited July 2010
    this isnt a HU blind v blind spot, this is going to be a 4way pot OOP with K3.
  • edited July 2010
    this isnt a HU blind v blind spot, this is going to be a 4way pot OOP with K3.
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    That's a very fair point ;) OK, so let's take this on two tangents; the four-way hand with K3 (in which case I agree more with beaneh that this is a bit too murky), or in a HU blind vs blind one. Discuss both.

• edited July 2010
    ya but we have puppy feet.

GREEN CARDS ALWAYS WINS (top tip that)
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: C-betting with a failed pre flop bluff : That's a very fair point ;) OK, so let's take this on two tangents; the four-way hand with K3 (in which case I agree more with beaneh that this is a bit too murky), or in a HU blind vs blind one. Discuss both.
    Posted by Sky_Dave

hu bvb in the bb raise two napkins who cares.

oop multiway playa  bit tighter!
  • edited July 2010
    ya but we have puppy feet. GREEN CARDS ALWAYS WINS (top tip that)
    Posted by beaneh
    Im a blue man lol. :D