You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Back to basics

edited July 2010 in Poker Chat
Just recently I can't seem to get my game together & I have hit yet another monster bad run. I'd love to be able to say it's largely down to the cards not going my way but after taking the last couple of days to look through hands & think about things I am honest enough to admit that's not the case.

Sure, I've been unlucky at times but that's just variance & it affects every single one of us players here & everywhere else. I seem to have "mislaid" my A game somewhere & I think I'm at the point now where the only way I think I can get it back is to go back to basics. No more getting involved when I don't need to be, no more stupid moves just simple, straight forward ABC poker from here on in.

This means dropping down a couple of levels right across the board for me. I usually play NL20 on cash so will be stepping back to NL8 for a while & I'm not moving back up again until I can find my "A" game again. I would go to NL10 but refuse to because of the ridiculous buy in amounts (if I wanna buy into a cash game for £20 I'd stay at NL20!).

Apologies if this post seems a little pointless but it's just something I had to get off my chest.

Comments