You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

BH chasing heads.

edited July 2010 in The Poker Clinic
In a bounty hunter, i dont usually chase the head prizes, but what do you guys think of this being a sucsessful way of playing the a BH tournament or S&G

Comments

• edited July 2010
    When you are trying to figure out whether to call someone or  not you have to add in the value of knocking them out and winning their head. 

With BH tournies sometimes the head prize can be so worthwhile you should gamble lots more than you would in that situation than you would in any other form of the pokers.
  • edited July 2010
    personally i play no different as your main aim should be to cash and in doing so you should pick up a few scalps for added bonus, i find play tighter as alot of people seem to make loose calls so you should pick up a few if you are playing TAG
  • edited July 2010
    I recommend you ignore the bounties nearly all the time and play it as a normal freezeout. The top prizes are worth a lot more than the bounties. You see loads of players spewing chips by getting involved in multi-way pots against short stacks with their weak hole cards just because there's a small head prize at stake. 

You need to realise that if you finish first with only 1 bounty, you will still almost certainly win more money than anybody else in the tournament, even those who took multiple bounties. Though in reality, if you do take it down you'll probably find you've picked up several heads on the way, even if you weren't trying, just look upon them as a bonus.

For example, in a recent 49 runner £2.00 + 30p BH tournament I played in these were the prizes for the top 5 finishers;

1st £19.60
    2nd £12.25
    3rd £7.35
    4th £5.39
    5th £4.41

At the start the bounties are worth 75p each.

The winner took only 2 heads, his total share of the prize fund came to £26.50. The second and third place finishers took 10 heads between them, their total prizes came to £18.07 and £13.30 respectively. This should show you that chasing bounties is not the best thing to do, leave that to others while you focus on the win.