You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Am I overplaying my hand here?

edited July 2010 in The Poker Clinic

Just a simple spot here, I seem to stack off far too much, I see cash regs at all levels hardly ever lose their stack.

I think I mak it too easy for opponents.

Reads - limped button with 9-4, weak passive player, min raised the turn with the nuts.

ActionCardsAmountPotBalance
CANROB Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £85.41
ryan191022 Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £4.06
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • A

DOHHHHHHH Raise   £1.20 £1.65 £82.05
BAGGPUSS Fold        
merkadys Call   £1.20 £2.85 £26.52
CANROB Fold        
ryan191022 Fold        
Flop

• A

DOHHHHHHH Bet   £2.14 £4.99 £79.91
merkadys Raise   £9.27 £14.26 £17.25
DOHHHHHHH All-in   £79.91 £94.17 £0.00

Comments

• edited July 2010
    gamble gamble

guy has just mashed the pot button which means he never folding which meansss he has u crushed or ur flipping, he wont be pot mashing with AJ here so at best you're up against some kinda sd/fd combo and flippin for ur stack ja

find a better spot, also the fact u have the A of diamonds means he wont have AdXx kinda hand which is what u cud realistically call against and be ahead
  • edited July 2010
    I am in no way qualified to give you cash advice JJ but when I read your post a couple of points came to mind.

First, you have the player down as weak passive so the alarm should sound whenever he bets out or raises. (Fair enough it's not a min raise which would have made things easier for you given the note you have.)

Second, I think most of the better cash pleyers (than me) would say that, generally, offering all of your stack out like in this example is not optimal. Your basically saying, 'if you have a better hand than me you can have all of my chips'. Against an average opponent I think you should make the (more disciplined) play of raising smaller to get a better idea where you are. That being said, the overbet of course has it's uses and if you think this guy is gonna snap with all the aces you have beat, then the play is fine of course

JC
  • edited July 2010
    Yeh both replies taken on board.

This level is so dire, standard wise, that playing like this can be a huge strength and sometimes a gr8 weakness.

I can sit at a table at nl30 and pretty much tripple the buy in within 90 minutes with my eyes closed. (there are some good players)

Im not sure if my play here is good long term against the woeful standard of opponent you come up against, and I just accept that occasionally Im gonna run into a hand and lose a stack.....

But more often than not, Im gonna double up myself..... I think.

I think this spot is really borderline at these stakes.

• edited July 2010
    Fold with the Ad.
  • edited July 2010
    i dont think its that marginal, he has every combo of 2pr can have 2x sets and if hes passive preflop; he can even show up with AK here. even without the Ad it's a fold imo