You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How much harder could it be to qualify for Swansea?!

edited July 2010 in The Sky Poker Tour
Lol just wondering if anyone is in the same boat as me but as the headline states, "How much harder could it be to qualify for Swansea?!"

Must have played around 10-15 satellites now and have to say I must be number 1 on the sick beats list!!! Aces cracked by kings, 5s against 2s and 2s hit a flush just to name a couple. And all at the crucial stage in the tournament!

When it gets to the point in the tournament with a make or break coin flip its just seems that I've lost all of them!

Argh! Anyway rant over......cya all in tomorrows qualifier I guess!

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Have to say mate I know exactly how you feel! We've been on the same table a few times trying to qualify and neither of us seem to be able hit the proverbial cow's a**e with a banjo! Keep trying - we all know it comes good eventually!
  • edited July 2010
    Maybe the organisers (Sky?!) could set up a system whereby if someone has paid full price entry to say 4 or 5 satellites and not qualified, they could then be invited to pay full price equivalent entry fee rather than endure more satellites. Win/Win surely?
  • edited July 2010
    thing is that with only 1 seat each day because of lack of runners its really difficult!!!!

sorry mate but i was only saying to my friend recently how lcuky i was to qualify... when i mad a bad call pre then hit a flush draw... pushed and hit against someones 2 pair... think it may have been you... sorry mate!!!!

know how you feel though.. i was exactly the same before i qualified...

last year was abit easier as there were about 50 runners in the sats so about 10 seats each night
  • edited July 2010

Keep going guys (bank role permitting obviously) must be difficult when there is only 1 seat, maybe try drumming up some interest early on for each day on the forum..

I was actually quite lucky, I bubbled one but won some cash and then qualified 2nd go. There were about 4 or 5 seats up for grabs in that one, was probably abouy a month ago.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to How much harder could it be to qualify for Swansea?!:
    Lol just wondering if anyone is in the same boat as me but as the headline states, "How much harder could it be to qualify for Swansea?!" Must have played around 10-15 satellites now and have to say I must be number 1 on the sick beats list!!! Aces cracked by kings, 5s against 2s and 2s hit a flush just to name a couple. And all at the crucial stage in the tournament! When it gets to the point in the tournament with a make or break coin flip its just seems that I've lost all of them! Argh! Anyway rant over......cya all in tomorrows qualifier I guess!
    Posted by BZtbh
    10/15 sats is a lot,sats are a different game and you should avoid "make or break coinflips" whenever possible,tighten up and play a sready game and you will get there,gl
  • edited July 2010
    I have to admit to having one of those dream satellites you get now and again. I was in early, so there were 3 places up for grabs. I doubled early and when we got down to 6, I was already chip leader with only 1 other lpayer even close. I got aces, the other big stack got kings, and we were down to 5 players and I had about 80% of the chips. Even I couldn't blow that 1.