You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Transfer rumours

edited August 2010 in The Football Corner
The only thing I like about the close season is all the transfer rumours that start flying about.

From the unexpected & reasonable shouts right through to the downright ridiculous, you've gotta love 'em

So if you've got any juicy transfer rumours put 'em up here cos I seem to be reading the same old stories again & again every day & I need something to get excited about :)

The most intriguing rumour so far has probably been Carlton Cole going to Stoke for 8m (not bad business for West Ham if it happens cos I'm not convinced he's worth that much). Apparently he doesn't want to go there though :(

Comments

• edited July 2010

Andy Keogh to come on loan to Donny to join up with his ex strike partner at Scunthorpe (and the signing of the summer) Billy Sharp! - To form a strikeforce which will push Donny to "DO A BLACKPOOL!!!"
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Transfer rumours:
    Andy Keogh to come on loan to Donny to join up with his ex strike partner at Scunthorpe (and the signing of the summer) Billy Sharp! - To form a strikeforce which will push Donny to "DO A BLACKPOOL!!!"
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    For real? If so I reckon it might be worth a cheeky fiver ew on Donny to win the league? I'm struggling a bit to see who's gonna win the championship this season
  • edited July 2010
    Just seen a couple of interesting ones

Carlos Vela on a season long loan to Leeds & allegedly, Alan Smith has been seen at Leeds training ground

A couple of great signings if they pulled them off. Maybe Vela but not so sure about the Smith one though.
  • edited July 2010

We'll still play em off the park, think theyve had posession of the football for an aggregate of 90 minutes throghout our last 5 meetings, that includes a Wembley play off final :) (best day ever)

Billy Sharp good mates with Keogh still, quoted on Rovers website that if he is allowed to leave on loan, his prefferred destination will be Donny!

With those 2 up front, the possibilities r endless, they get 8 clear-cut chances each per game!! so sick how many get missed!

Winning league is rather ambitious, but chairman believes play-offs r realistic, and he's finally put money where his mouth is, so who knows!!

Adebayo Akinfenwa - is ex Donny, and left Northamptopn after failing to agree a new contract, what a great signing that wud be......any N'ton fans must surely rate him and be gutted to see him go?
  • edited July 2010
    i'm with you Jay - i absolute love all the transfer rumours!

ok here's a crazy one i saw on one of the Newcastle fan sites i check out -

Raul to Newcastle!

• edited July 2010
    i'm with you Jay - i absolute love all the transfer rumours! ok here's a crazy one i saw on one of the Newcastle fan sites i check out - Raul to Newcastle!
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    its in the papers as well, seems to be between spurs and newcastle, he said he'd rather live in London and with spurs being the much better team cant see him joining you guys
  • edited July 2010
    to be honest i'm not really sure if i'd want him. I also very much doubt if we are really that interested. under the current set up, high wages and glamour buys are a thing of the past.

• edited July 2010
    to be honest i'm not really sure if i'd want him. I also very much doubt if we are really that interested. under the current set up, high wages and glamour buys are a thing of the past.
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    think it would be a waste of money for either  he was never quick enough for the premier league in his prime which he is well past now.
    he will probably go to spurs harry loves older players he cant develope young talent the two boys he signed last season fron sheff u still havent got a look in.
    so m issing the transfer rumours the only transfer that pompey get excited about is the wages one from the bank
  • edited July 2010
    Titus Bramble to Sunderland. LOL.
  • edited July 2010
    Titus Bramble to Sunderland. LOL.
    Posted by emilyegg
    Was thinking a mid-table finish before i heard about this. Get lumped on them to go down.
  • edited July 2010
    i'm with you Jay - i absolute love all the transfer rumours! ok here's a crazy one i saw on one of the Newcastle fan sites i check out - Raul to Newcastle!
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    No thanks, an overpaid injury prone has-been, give me Carroll any day over him ! :)
  • edited July 2010
    I've seen a few interesting ones today

Huntelaar has apparently flown into Manchester airport today with United or Liverpool being the most likely destination

James Beattie to West Brom for 1.5m (good bit of business for West Brom if they can pull it off)

Paul Konchesky to Liverpool for ~2m
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Transfer rumours : Was thinking a mid-table finish before i heard about this. Get lumped on them to go down.
    Posted by QDMCGRAW
    10/1 on SkyBet.....And defo having a bet on the Toon to finish above the Mackems as soon as the pen hits the paper on the Bramble deal. Craig Gordon being out injured will be a massive blow to them as well. The only saving grace for them (and to an extent NUFC), is the fact that there are going to be some truly p***-poor teams in the Prem again this season.
  • edited July 2010
    Liverpool suppose to be making a bid for wayne bridge??? no idea why
  • edited July 2010
    Liverpool suppose to be making a bid for wayne bridge??? no idea why
    Posted by 35suited
    Would be surprised if City let him go. Don't think Liverpool could afford to spend that much on him and Konchesky would be a cheaper alternative. I just hope Liverpool don't try to hijack the Bramble to Sunderland deal :0)
  • edited July 2010
    Milner now being linked with Man City at the right price.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Transfer rumours : 10/1 on SkyBet.....And defo having a bet on the Toon to finish above the Mackems as soon as the pen hits the paper on the Bramble deal. Craig Gordon being out injured will be a massive blow to them as well. The only saving grace for them (and to an extent NUFC), is the fact that there are going to be some truly p***-poor teams in the Prem again this season.
    Posted by emilyegg
    DAVID JAMES is going to sunderland he wants to go somewhere where hes 1st choice and doesnt fancy celtic
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Transfer rumours : DAVID JAMES is going to sunderland he wants to go somewhere where hes 1st choice and doesnt fancy celtic
    Posted by BADBOY985
    I thought Craig Gordon was their first choice? I know he's injured at the moment but I'm not convinced he'd be first choice if he's fit.
  • edited July 2010
    Seems the Huntelaar to Liverpool rumours are gathering a bit of pace now.

Also seen today that Blackpool are trying to sign Darius Vassell on a free (good business for them if they can nab him), Stephen Warnock to Liverpool (8m apparently) & one for Rich, Newcastle to make an offer to Jonathan De Guzman on a free.
  • edited July 2010
    Complete faith in Chris Hughton and whoever he brings in. I cant see James ending up at Celtic (probably wage reasons) but he would probably be a good short-term signing for the Mackems.
  • edited July 2010
    As I turn on to Sky Sports News, the headlines will probably be....."James signs for Celtic, Bramble in shock return to Newcastle" doh.
  • edited July 2010
    Hope not emsIn Response to Re: Transfer rumours:
    As I turn on to Sky Sports News, the headlines will probably be....."James signs for Celtic, Bramble in shock return to Newcastle" doh.
    Posted by emilyegg
  • edited July 2010
    New one that's popped up a few times today is Royston Drenthe to Liverpool
  • edited July 2010
    FFS Sol Campbell to have a medical at Newcastle.
  • edited July 2010
    FFS Sol Campbell to have a medical at Newcastle.
    Posted by emilyegg
    He will need a lot of support in my opinion to be welcome
    at Newcastle.
    I think something like a Zimmer should do it.
  • edited July 2010
    Awful signing (imo) and at least 50k a week out the window in wages. Collocini, Williamson and Taylor (when fit) should be holding down the starting slots at centre half.

Hope it is a short-term contract.....he looked very suspect last season....AND THAT WAS IN A GOOD TEAM!!!

Interesting to see how it pans out, I hope I am wrong, but I do not fancy him at all.
  • edited July 2010
    Still got faith in Hughton though!!!!!!!!
  • edited July 2010
    Awful signing (imo) and at least 50k a week out the window in wages. Collocini, Williamson and Taylor (when fit) should be holding down the starting slots at centre half. Hope it is a short-term contract.....he looked very suspect last season....AND THAT WAS IN A GOOD TEAM!!! Interesting to see how it pans out, I hope I am wrong, but I do not fancy him at all.
    Posted by emilyegg
    Notts County?
  • edited July 2010
    I see that Donny have signed Josh Payne today, yet another product of the Hammers academy. I'm a but gutted we let him go really cos on the few occasions I saw him play in the first team he looked like a kid with great potential. Great free signing there.

Another one for Rich is JLoyd Samuel apparently signing from Bolton. No mention of what price though but hopefully on the cheap cos I really don't rate him much