You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Home games

edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
Looking to start my own home game. Seeking a bit of advice on a six seater game. How many chips do you think is right for all to start with in order to give the game a good life span? I know it depends on blinds and player style but i would like a good starting point to give the game some decent ife span. Thanks!

Comments

• edited August 2009
    In Response to Home games:
    Looking to start my own home game. Seeking a bit of advice on a six seater game. How many chips do you think is right for all to start with in order to give the game a good life span? I know it depends on blinds and player style but i would like a good starting point to give the game some decent ife span. Thanks!
    Posted by -BATF1NK-
     I usually go with a 4000 starting stack, blinds start at 25/50 with a clock of 20 minutes. Usually works out at about 2 - 3 hour game depending on the players.
  • edited August 2009
    dont forget lots of booze to supply your fellow m8s just remember not to drink it yourself that way you have the advantage :)
  • edited August 2009
    Poker soup is a good website for calculating the blinds, etc! You can calculate the time span of the game to give u plenty of early game poker with 3 streets of betting, and brings the blinds up in enough time for the game to end in the time that you specify.
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Home games:
    Poker soup is a good website for calculating the blinds, etc! You can calculate the time span of the game to give u plenty of early game poker with 3 streets of betting, and brings the blinds up in enough time for the game to end in the time that you specify.
    Posted by Deadluck
    Thanks for that.

Having a nightmare with Ace King at the moment. Can't seem to win with this starting hand.