You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bankroll challenge

edited July 2010 in Poker Chat
Am just posting here to share my current BR challenge. About 2/3 weeks ago I had just £300 in my account. I'd put in £1k a while back and built it up a bit but then had a very bad night and ended with only having around £300 in my account. I'd previously built a roll from £50 to £30k but had taken a lot of my winnings out and just haven't been able to find my old form at all since, and probably lost a few k since then.

Anyhow after a long absence from the site I came back and was determined to try and build my £300 into £10,000 within 6 months. It's been just 3 weeks already though and I'm almost half way their - now up to £4200.

So yeh - morale of the story aswell is to not give up. If you've played well before but gone on bad losing streaks and are now losing money, just take a break from the game for a bit. Can be just a week, or a month. However long you think you need - but it does help hugely in improving your game. You might be a bit rusty once you get back but as long as you play within your BR you'll come back a better player :)