You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TECHNO BOFFINS!!

edited July 2010 in Poker Chat

Woooo Im pretty excited and genuinely surprised that Ive managed to download/install/ AND RUN this recording software.

Ive recorded a table this morning with my commentary for 20 minutes....

The size of the file is on BB flashback pro....

20 minutes is "35,054 KB long"

This number means NOTHING to me, how long should I be trying to make them? It is only 1 table, and I specified the window I wanted to cover, there was no lag whatsoever, but when I replayed the vid there was a slight lag but no problems.

Does the above sound about right?

Is there anything I should do to improve it? - Th sound and picture quality is absolutely fine.

Imsurprised it went so well.....

Thanx, JJ

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Hi Doh that sounds that you've done the job perfect.  Now all you need is a hosting site....youtube doesn't allow anything over 10 mins I think some of the others like Daily Motion etc do or you can upl;oad it to rapidshare.
  • edited July 2010

Thanx Scotty, talking to a guy here who reckons I wont be able to share it coz of reasons I don't understand.

I will copy and paste the convo from M S N and see if u can understand what he's saying.

Darren J says:
     lol

but what format is it ? Is it flash , avi  ?
    JJ says:
     flashback Movie files (*,fbr)

Darren J says:
     it wont work

JJ says:
     why not?

Darren J says:
     that must be software's own format i wondered why it was so small

JJ says:
     will u be able to open it and watch it?

Darren J says:
     it needs to be flash , avi , wmp etc  a common video format
     no i doubt i will i have no codecs to watch it i would need th software u have

JJ says:
     ohhhhh sh it so no1 will ever be able to watch it?

Darren J says:
     u need too export it as a different video format something as small as possible.
     there should be option in program i shall download that program and have a look how it works and tell u

ANY THOUGHTS? - Trying to send it via m s n btw
  • edited July 2010
    Ahh sorted i had to export it to "flash" then I cud send it via 'm s n' which is kool.

Its sent an he's watching it ok.

EDIT - Scrap that, it's send, but only the first 5 minutes of a 20 minute video.- AND it keeps pausing.

Aghhhhh so stressed.

Back to square 1
  • edited July 2010
    What Darren is saying is it's easy for anybody (on a Windows platform at least) to play AVI or WMV files - just using the built in Windows tools like Media Player, but if they want to play an FBR file then they would also need to install the software you used to create it, or obtain the required 'codecs' to allow those Windows tools to do it - either of which is going to be a bit of a pain for everyone.

I guess you'd be best off getting them on Youtube, even if it's in multiple 'parts'.

• edited July 2010
    PS, how many Strongbows have you consumed during the commentary? Hope you're not slurring your words ;-) lol

• edited July 2010
    Nosey what is the best format to send it via msn? As this is what I mainly wanna do.....

Il get u the options 1 sec...

EXPORT...

"Insert ready formats"

FLASH

REALTIME PLAYER

MEADIA PLAYER.

Then theres options to use "other formats" which are....AVI, STANDALONE EXE AND MS POWERPOINT.
  • edited July 2010
    I don't think it matters for MSN if all you're doing is a sending a file to your mate. MSN will transport anything (I think!). It's only *playing* the file when things get more interesting.. :)

AVI is a nice standard video format though.

• edited July 2010
    i downloaded camtasia and found it very easy to use, not sure what size files it creates as i just played it back on my comp while someone was watchinv via teamviewer. id suggest megavideo for a hosting site also
  • edited July 2010
    Dohhhh - what is the reason for the commentary piece (if you dont mind me asking) ?

Small_Dog
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: TECHNO BOFFINS!!:
    Dohhhh - what is the reason for the commentary piece (if you dont mind me asking) ? Small_Dog
    Posted by Small_Dog
    So that he can let people view his plays and comment etc to see where he can improve and develop his game.
  • edited July 2010
    goin' dowwwn pub with whippet n lass eh our dohhh!
  • edited July 2010

HA! - Just another ??? for the techno-ers, wud it be easier/faster/better to attatch the files to an email, rather than sending it on m s n and waiting an age (20-30 mins) for the file to send?

• edited July 2010
    why dont u just use teamviewer?
  • edited July 2010

Coz it lags me, and cnt use mic on there can u?

And eventually wanna post a link up and get multiple replies.

Im soooo close, theyre sending over msn and ppl r watching them.

• edited July 2010
    HA! - Just another ??? for the techno-ers, wud it be easier/faster/better to attatch the files to an email, rather than sending it on m s n and waiting an age (20-30 mins) for the file to send?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    A lot of people with have attachment size restrictions meaning that may not work, but you could try. It depends how people get their email & which ISP they use .. and stuff! lol As with poker situations - it depends ;-)

• edited July 2010
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

as I just said in the other thread, 37mb is nothing sounds like a short vid or low quality tbh.

you can easily host 37mb files if not send it to me via email and i'll host it for a few days, u dont wanna keep sending it over msn, msn is tez. 

bbflashback is a good prog imo and very easy to use, very intuitive. Export the bbpro file to send it to people. :)