You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Players Cheating - what about the victims?

edited July 2010 in Poker Chat
If players are caught cheating, like as alleged in a DYM or Cash table, what sort of recompense do the other players get. The reason i ask this, is i feel that if it is proved, and the culprits banned then the opponents on the table should be refunded in their entirety. Does this happen? i don't know but it should, if you were defrauded, a court of law would certainly award you compensation if you were out of pocket! I would like to know if others feel the same, or if anyone has received free entry by way of a sat tourney or cash if it was a cash table if they were knocked out through collusion. IMO Its too easy to ban cheats (and keep monies in their accounts) and ignore the victims.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    If the incident we read about earlier was used as a guide, then the best course of action would be to enter the players who had lost out in the Satellite event into the tourney that they were trying to reach. The expense of this should not be met by Sky, but by the players colluding. That would soon stop it, but if they were to refuse then I think that there should be something posted to make players aware of tag-teams on the tables. Name and Shame is a harsh term, but in my own experience there are one or two players that I avoid like the plague, and would not even sit at a freeroll table with them.

THE BEST PLACE TO HIT PEOPLE LIKE THIS IS IN THE POCKET.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Players Cheating - what about the victims?:
    If the incident we read about earlier was used as a guide, then the best course of action would be to enter the players who had lost out in the Satellite event into the tourney that they were trying to reach. The expense of this should not be met by Sky, but by the players colluding. That would soon stop it, but if they were to refuse then I think that there should be something posted to make players aware of tag-teams on the tables. Name and Shame is a harsh term, but in my own experience there are one or two players that I avoid like the plague, and would not even sit at a freeroll table with them. THE BEST PLACE TO HIT PEOPLE LIKE THIS IS IN THE POCKET.
    Posted by emilyegg
    After being found guilty, and only then, they should publish the user names. In any civilised society, justice should not only be done but be seen to be done, otherwise misconceptions as to what people can 'get away with' materialises. I don't believe sky would want this as it would open themselves up to customers seeking recompense. The easiest way for them to avoid this scenario is to quote privacy laws but if they only printed their user names this would not apply!
  • edited July 2010
    Of course they wouldn't want it. Who would?. Still think the best way is to hit them in the pocket though.

Imagine paying for entry into a Satellite and reaching your goal to progress into a tourney. If it was proved that there was any funny business going on, then you would lose your place in the tourney, and be made to pay for the entry of any third party who has lost out. It would be an expensive lesson and would nip it in the bud sharpish (imo).
  • edited July 2010
    Hey loony,

When obvious collusion has proven by the fraud team they will look at handing down prize money/seats to opponents who missed out (as a result of the cheating).

• ACAACA
    edited July 2010
    Hey loony, When obvious collusion has proven by the fraud team they will look at handing down prize money/seats to opponents who missed out (as a result of the cheating).
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hi Rich

I have reported what looked like clear collusion to me on a couple of occassions, with clearly detailed information, hand no's etc and although the report was taken very seriously at the time I have no idea of the outcome one way or another. Surely it would be an idea if the player reporting the said collusion was informed of the outcome of the investigation.

Cheers
    ACA
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Players Cheating - what about the victims? : Hi Rich I have reported what looked like clear collusion to me on a couple of occassions, with clearly detailed information, hand no's etc and although the report was taken very seriously at the time I have no idea of the outcome one way or another. Surely it would be an idea if the player reporting the said collusion was informed of the outcome of the investigation. Cheers ACA
    Posted by ACA
    Fact is the details of any players account are private, that includes and investigation angainst said player. If the investigation was to come to nothing but this players name had been banded about as under investigation then their name is runined althoug no case was proven. The outcomes of an investigation are between sky and the sole player / players that are involved and as well they should be.

Collusion is difficult to prove beyond a doubt so most reposrts will probably come to nothing. They will be investigated but the site would have to be certain it could prove any such case before it banned or froze accounts. And even when this occurs those details are protected by the data protection act and it would be illegal for Sky to pass detials onto anyone not connected to account
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Players Cheating - what about the victims? : Hi Rich I have reported what looked like clear collusion to me on a couple of occassions, with clearly detailed information, hand no's etc and although the report was taken very seriously at the time I have no idea of the outcome one way or another. Surely it would be an idea if the player reporting the said collusion was informed of the outcome of the investigation. Cheers ACA
    Posted by ACA
    As you said i reported on last year, have no idea how it turned out.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Players Cheating - what about the victims? : As you said i reported on last year, have no idea how it turned out.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Have you played against the same players recently?
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Players Cheating - what about the victims?:
    I would like to know if others feel the same, or if anyone has received free entry by way of a sat tourney or cash if it was a cash table if they were knocked out through collusion. Posted by loonytoons
    I've asked Sky to investigate something that happened on a table I was playing on.

Couldn't be more impressed by the way Sky handled it.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Players Cheating - what about the victims? : I've asked Sky to investigate something that happened on a table I was playing on. Couldn't be more impressed by the way Sky handled it.
    Posted by harding10

That's great to hear - i'll pass it on.