You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Why is it called TOP OF THE POTS when most of it is little stakes..

edited August 2010 in Sky Poker Live

Hi,

Top of the Pots needs to be renamed the biggest pots on the smallest tables.......have just watched two hours of it,and lets be honest nobody really cares about 20/50 quid pots......which are most of the show....

give us more high end action........

i see that weareontv plays alot but hardly ever gets shown.....

and surely stakes of 5/10 or above are worthy.....

regards

toby

Comments

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Why is it called TOP OF THE POTS when most of it is little stakes..:
    Hi, Top of the Pots needs to be renamed the biggest pots on the smallest tables.......have just watched two hours of it,and lets be honest nobody really cares about 20/50 quid pots......which are most of the show.... give us more high end action........ i see that weareontv plays alot but hardly ever gets shown..... and surely stakes of 5/10 or above are worthy..... regards toby
    Posted by djblacke04
    I believe that to have the hands shown in top of the pots, the hand must have taken place on a mastercash table symbolised by a TV screen in the lobby, therefore a lot of the higher staked tables would not be shown!
  • edited July 2010
    Tonights show was a farce, k88moss and we are on tv were heads up this week playing £25/£50 with £11,000 grand on the table at one point. There were two pots of around £6,000 and non of this was broadcast, wft is this about, its called Top of the pots so why not show the biggest ones. Sure the low stakes are fine but how can you ignore pots of £6,000 on this show?
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Why is it called TOP OF THE POTS when most of it is little stakes..:
    Tonights show was a farce, k88moss and we are on tv were heads up this week playing £25/£50 with £11,000 grand on the table at one point. There were two pots of around £6,000 and non of this was broadcast, wft is this about, its called Top of the pots so why not show the biggest ones. Sure the low stakes are fine but how can you ignore pots of £6,000 on this show?
    Posted by stien
    Read my last post, i think that will explain why those massive pots were not shown. One small point, some of these players don't want to play on the tv tables as this could let other players have a greater insight into their game.
  • edited July 2010
    Hi Guys,

I believe the way the Top of the Pots show works is that it is the biggest pots of the week at ALL levels, not just the nosebleed levels.

There is no reason why they can't show any six seater or heads up table on tv, but cannot replay any ten seater tables as the software does not allow it.

col
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Why is it called TOP OF THE POTS when most of it is little stakes..:
    Hi Guys, I believe the way the Top of the Pots show works is that it is the biggest pots of the week at ALL levels, not just the nosebleed levels. There is no reason why they can't show any six seater or heads up table on tv, but cannot replay any ten seater tables as the software does not allow it. col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    I dont think they show any of the tables that dont have the tv icon.
  • edited July 2010
    Well one week i saw a pot of about 5 grand where weareontv hit a two outer on the river.....

think it was a mistake.....
  • edited July 2010
    I think it's the pot size is in relation to the blinds. So a big pot on a 2/4 would be £20, which is the equivalent to a £500 pot in a 50p/£1 tables(i think).
  • edited July 2010
    It's as Mohican describes, with the size of the pot through of as big blinds rather than a cash value. The main reason (in my mind, at least) for this would be to include as many players as possible on the show - we all like being the stars of the show, right? - and wouldn't we get a little bored of watching the same 4-6 players?

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Why is it called TOP OF THE POTS when most of it is little stakes.. : I dont think they show any of the tables that dont have the tv icon.
    Posted by loonytoons
    This is correct we only show the tables with the TV icons on them