You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

who to back for each league this year.

2»

Comments

• edited August 2010
    1st Chelsea
    2nd Manchester United
    3rd Arsenal

Same old usual stuff
  • edited August 2010
    CHAMPIONSHIP

Think its wide open cant see boro are 9/2 and boyd 6/1 im always sceptical of any player coming down from scotland and boro are never prolific scorers.
    Like the look of bristol city and QPR coppell has a great record at this level and they do seem to have made some astute signings. warnock is anouther quality manager at this level and again some good signings.

LEAGUE 1

Southampton stand out but at 15/8 just arent any value. think Charlton represent good value at 12/1 and have to agree with jay about Huddersfield AT 7/1

LEAGUE 2

Gillinghams home form is always stong and if the had any form away would have stayed up. Andy Hessentaller has returned as manager and 9/1 looks good value.
    Aldershot made the play off last year with a largly young squad theve added a bit of exprerince with glen little who could be a good buy at this level.

so im putting

BRISTOL CITY 18/1
    CHARLTON 12/1
    ALDERSHOT 18/1

and

QPR  11/1
    HUDDERSFIELD 7/1
    GILLINGHAM 9/1

IN TWO E.W PATENTS
  • edited August 2010
    RANGERS SPL 11/10
    LUTON 15/8

PAYS A NICE 5/1
  • edited August 2010

ok here;s my bets for coming footy season   have these as an e/w accum/canadian & trebles Good Luck to all this Season  dtw

Serie A Winner & e/w  Inter Milan @ 11/10

Bundesliga Winner & e/w Bayern Munich @ 1/2

Npower League 2 Winner & e/w Wycombe @ 7/1

Npower League 1 Winner & e/wSheff. Wed. @ 4/1

Blue Sq Conference Winner & e/w  Luton Town @ 6/4

• edited August 2010
    first games have been played, owls got off to a professional start, not the best of performances and after going 2-0 up inside 15 mins we sat back and looked very comfortable. too comfortable and better teams will punish us. i wish we could have carried on playing as good as we did and we could have handed dagenham a welcome to league 1 spanking. nevermind, 3 points is 3 points. 

btw dohhhhhhh, its kevin blackwell not Ian haha
  • edited August 2010

lol - ok I hold my hands up! dno where that came from!

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: who to back for each league this year.:
    First championship manager to get the sack? - Ian Blackwell? I wonder what the odds are on that, he's already under pressure and if they start slow, he could be gone inside 8 games IMO. Hope not, I sh 1t myself everytime theres a managerial casualty, as they all want o
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM !!!
  • edited August 2010
    What a shout JJ
  • edited August 2010
    For what its worth the Father has put the collection money on

Chelsea - Prem
    Norwich-championship (i'll get lynched I am an Ipswich supporter)
    Huddersfield div 1
    Wycombe -div2
  • edited August 2010
    Glasgow Rangers at 11/10 for the SPL is PRINTING MONEY.
    Posted by emilyegg
    I agree with you on this. It's a 2 horse race and 1 of the horses has 3 legs.
  • edited August 2010
    Prem - Arsenal (biased) Champ - Cardiff Lg 1 - Southampton Lg 2 -  Northampton
    Posted by cookie83
    Same as that and I am not biased toward Arsenal
  • edited August 2010
    Don't bother backing Cardiff, were destined to remain in the championship for the next 100 years. Not sure who I'd back to win, no team have particularly impressed me with their signings. Even with Boyd I can't see Boro putting up much of a challenge.
    Posted by Salad_Face
    To l8  - backed them pre-season in the handicap betting (+12 points)

What a great signing with Bellamy tho - Surely they,ve got an even better chance now?
  • edited August 2010
    only just seen this, so ...

Premiership Chesea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man U in that order
    Championship, Qpr
    League 1, Southampton, Charlton 2nd
    League 2 dont really know
    SPL, Celtic-must be there turn now? who cares though lol
  • edited September 2010
    the mighty owls are proving me right, gave jeff stellings boys a 5-0 wopping last game and play bottom of the league brentford sunday live on sky. southampton what are they doing, sacking pardew, ridiculous decision, will it cost em!? QPR also doing well for me, im positive m'boro will come good but my god they play some awful football and there attendences are laughable!!!!!
  • edited September 2010
    rotherham right up there in league 2 aswell :)
  • edited September 2010
    southampton lose, huddersfield draw, oldham draw, carlisle draw, peterborough lose. wednesday stay top without even playing :) play bottom of league live on sky to open up a 4 point gap. come on owls!!!