You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

overplayed my hand?

edited July 2010 in The Poker Clinic
what would you do in this spot? villain is regular plays higher and very aggro, no specific reads apart from he dont like to fold

Have i overplayed my hand here or should i push?

My gut i was calling but was not confident hence why the fold
Villain Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £86.55
YOUNG_GUN Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £34.02
  Your hole cards

Other Fold        
Villain Raise   £1.05 £1.50 £85.50
YOUNG_GUN Call   £0.90 £2.40 £33.12
Flop

• K

Villain Bet   £1.80 £4.20 £83.70
YOUNG_GUN Call   £1.80 £6.00 £31.32
Turn

Villain Bet   £4.50 £10.50 £79.20
YOUNG_GUN Call   £4.50 £15.00 £26.82
River

Villain All-in   £79.20 £94.20 £0.00
YOUNG_GUN Fold

Comments

• edited July 2010
    looks like a fold here imo
  • edited July 2010

Over-bet bluff durrrrrrr styleeeeeeeee ftw !!! :)

No need to xxx me off young en!! - it was me right?

what did i have?
  • edited July 2010

bring bak my krazy rep plzplzplzplzplz ppl r folding KK to meeeeeeeeee
  • edited July 2010

lol yeah it was you dohhhhhh, as you know i so nearly called here. Think you had 10/7 here or something similar as i said wp sir although i did put you on a complete bluff i didnt have the balls to call for my stack

next time.... :o) how long did you 2 stay for? i x your name just as you are well known and wanted peoples opinions without them knowing its you

• edited July 2010
    fold pre, altho reading back it is only 3 handed, still dont like calling pre

u think he had T7?! some sort of crazy read that is....i probably call against dohhh, if u thought u were good on the turn u shud be calling that river, doubt he overbets a bare king so its monster or nothing
  • edited July 2010
    Am I missing something, you have 3rd pair on the flop right ?
  • edited July 2010

It was 3 handed? - And the play was really aggro, so his hand is pretty strong.

Im sure I showed the bluff??? - Can't remember what I had - but decided he calls any pot sized river bet, so hd to shove or give up....
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    DOHHHHHHH Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £86.55
    YOUNG_GUN Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £34.02
      Your hole cards

Boonicon Fold        
    DOHHHHHHH Raise   £1.05 £1.50 £85.50
    YOUNG_GUN Call   £0.90 £2.40 £33.12
    Flop

• K

DOHHHHHHH Bet   £1.80 £4.20 £83.70
    YOUNG_GUN Call   £1.80 £6.00 £31.32
    Turn

DOHHHHHHH Bet   £4.50 £10.50 £79.20
    YOUNG_GUN Call   £4.50 £15.00 £26.82
    River

DOHHHHHHH All-in   £79.20 £94.20 £0.00
    YOUNG_GUN Fold        
    DOHHHHHHH Show

DOHHHHHHH Win   £14.25   £14.25
    DOHHHHHHH Return   £79.20 £0.75 £93.45

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: overplayed my hand?:
    lol yeah it was you dohhhhhh, as you know i so nearly called here. Think you had 10/7 here or something similar as i said wp sir although i did put you on a complete bluff i didnt have the balls to call for my stack next time.... :o) how long did you 2 stay for? i x your name just as you are well known and wanted peoples opinions without them knowing its you
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    So I did show it then!! haha

Nice 1 - read of the century.
  • edited July 2010
    you showed i just wasnt 100% was 10/7 lol . unfortunately not the read of the century :P although i did have you on a complete miss which was right just no balls lol
  • edited July 2010
    If villain checks river, do you value bet or check behind? Were you calling down the streets thinking you were ahead or were you praying for another 9/10 to hit or villain to slow down? If you're calling because you're in position and think you're ahead, shouldn't you call on safe river regardless of villains scary over bet? 

In other words and this goes out to everyone not just you Young_Gun, should massive over bet ever make us reassess our read on previous streets or does that mean we're getting bullied too easily/playing with scared money? Just playing devils advocate and throwing some questions out there!
  • edited July 2010
    Good points their action dan, very good

Yeah i was calling genuinely because i was sure i was ahead and had position, interesting thoughts on the calling a overbet river in similar thought i think that would be the way to go especially on a non scare card

definately taken in your advice mate thanks
  • edited July 2010
    this is typical bad play from a aggressive bad player
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: overplayed my hand?:
    this is typical bad play from a aggressive bad player
    Posted by N1CK
    lol me? what you dont realise is i was the most passive on the table here so would appear as i have more then just 2nd pair, also playing the person a bit there

and if you meant dohhhhh you are of your head hes an awesome player, very aggressive so will put pressure on the best of us