You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Top 2 facing turn raise on wet flop

edited July 2010 in The Poker Clinic
6 max, 5nl on FT.

Villain is 18/13 over 91 hands with a steal % of 27.

Villain $6.33
Hero $4.98

Folded to villain on BTN who raises to 16c.
Hero is SB and flat calls with QdJd.

Flop Qc 3c Jh

Hero checks.
Villain checks.

Turn 8c

Hero bets 30c into pot of 37c.
Villain raises to $1.
Hero?

Thoughts:
the 8c on the turn makes 9T the straight and xxcc the flush but it is likely villain would c bet these draws. Also likely villain would bet a queen or 2 pair+. Turn 8 i think he might have a hand like J8 or just being weird.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    You played it fine. I assume you were going to c/r the flop.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Top 2 facing turn raise on wet flop:
    You played it fine. I assume you were going to c/r the flop.
    Posted by Strat91
    there is a turn and river to play too!!!

And what are your reads madame poster?
  • edited July 2010
    That's he's a TAG/nit who I haven't been in a pot with that I have noticed...

So a lack of post flop reads tbh. Not seen enough of him.
  • edited July 2010
    C bet 50% so unlikely just c betting when hit.
  • edited July 2010
    C bet 50% so unlikely just c betting when hit.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    don't give the stat w/out the sample size.

you're not 3 betting if you're continuing would be my answer here
  • edited July 2010
    So you would either call or fold turn? Could you expand with reasoning etc please.
  • edited July 2010
    So you would either call or fold turn? Could you expand with reasoning etc please.
    Posted by BlackFish3

seems he's repping a stronger hand than 2pr or some hand with tonnes of outs. lets either fold now cos he's a nit and always has made hands or call and re-evaluate on the river....
  • edited July 2010
    this is assuming we dont fill up obv
  • edited July 2010
    Tricky spot, firstly i would raise the flop as everyone told me when i hit two pair the other day :P

I really dont know what i would do in this spot because if you call your sort of commit to the hand, also wouldn't be a fan of the all in as you have pointed out with the flush & straight out there which looks like he has one of them. i would fold, probably not the greatest fold still but i would
  • edited July 2010
    you  only beat a semi-bluff, call and c/f if u dont fill up and he fires again if ur confident on ur reads

edit: hmmm i thinkin it too fishy if ur just gonna c/f fold river so i guess play shud be either fold turn or call, c/c river
  • ybyb
    edited July 2010
    does he normally c-bet with his draws? Because if he does he's only really repping 88 (I'm not sure a nit would raise J8 here).

I'd call and see what he does on the river.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Top 2 facing turn raise on wet flop:
    6 max, 5nl on FT. Villain is 18/13 over 91 hands with a steal % of 27. Villain $6.33 Hero $4.98 Folded to villain on BTN who raises to 16c. Hero is SB and flat calls with QdJd. Flop Qc 3c Jh Hero checks. Villain checks. Turn 8c Hero bets 30c into pot of 37c. Villain raises to $1. Hero? Thoughts: the 8c on the turn makes 9T the straight and xxcc the flush but it is likely villain would c bet these draws. Also likely villain would bet a queen or 2 pair+. Turn 8 i think he might have a hand like J8 or just being weird.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    ok it not a huge sample but i wouldnt say he has nit stats, 18/13 is just in the tag/fish region imo,
    anyway he has opened the button so his rang can be pretty wide , when he checks behind on the flop jx -air looks good, His turn raise dont make that much sence to me yeah 9T is poss, they do all kinds of dumb stuff at these stakes like checking back a set on that board and reraise the turn with a naked A club so in short i have no idea lo

im not folding yet, id cal turn and bet fold river if it bricksl