You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Easy Fold? Bounty Hunter

edited July 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Ok this is the £1200 bounty hunter last night, i dont normally like playing theese it was the next avaiable tournament after i exited the t-o-t.

The previous hand had been huge with 3 all ins, the short stack had won leaving 2 players very short on chips, I knew they would both be all in next hand just hoped i got a decent starting hand.
deucebig18 Small blind  15.00 15.00 210.00
35suited Big blind  30.00 45.00 1910.00
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • Q

pinder Fold     
halfadong All-in  420.00 465.00 0.00
SOZ905 Call  420.00 885.00 2440.00
gamblerD All-in  4105.00 4990.00 0.00
deucebig18 All-in  210.00 5200.00 0.00
Do you ever call in a bh in this situation??? Obviously the small stacks dont scare me but should the large stack??? After taking most of there chips the hand before is he just trying to stop others claiming there bounties? Is it that easy a fold that this thread is pointless?

If it wasnt a bounty hunter its obviously the easiest fold in the world, I got a feeling it still should be that easy, I just hoenstly didnt know what to do, i certainly didnt believe the big stack had a hand, but is it worth risking my tourny life 4 way with aq? or do i look at as im risking my tourny life heads up as the shorties wont do me that much damage.

Comments

• edited July 2010
  • edited July 2010

I would call myself coz I dont care in tournys until Im deep - and its amazing how wide donks shove to isolate short stacks when they are all in.

The bounty means the world to them

Call - if u lose, theres cash tables running 24/7 - if u win....u have a stack to take the rest of the tourny seriously.

Not the soundest piece of technical advice I've ever offered in the clinic, just "what I'd do"
  • edited July 2010
    i would comment but i reckon theres a whole new level to think about in bounty hunters and its got nothing to do with playing pokers!
  • edited July 2010
    fold.  even tho im quite good at getting lots of bounties, the main aim of the game is to run deep and cash.  no need to take a risk this early.
  • edited July 2010
    Yes I think it's an easy fold. You do make it begrudgingly because you're pretty confident you have the best hand right now. In my opinion bounties should only really affect your decision making later on when they are much larger AND you have an otherwise marginal decision (eg final table, you're micro stacked and so is one other person who shoves on you sb vs bb, you might call here if his bounty is huge and you rate your chances of getting back into the mix as being slim).

JC
  • edited July 2010
    Fwiw I would call !!

Only because its a BH & people call so wide...SHIP IT IN :)

Chip leader or busto in 1 hand, saves messing about waiting to BUBBLE lol