You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

interesting spot

edited July 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Dixie202 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £1.66
BillyWiz68 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £1.14
nixonbaby Big blind  £0.04 £0.10 £1.56
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

RockSolid Call  £0.04 £0.14 £5.55
nixonbaby Check     
F1N63RS Call  £0.04 £0.18 £2.03
The_Don90 Raise  £0.24 £0.42 £2.68
Dixie202 Fold     
BillyWiz68 Call  £0.20 £0.62 £0.94
RockSolid Fold     
nixonbaby Fold     
F1N63RS Fold     
Flop

• J
  • J

BillyWiz68 All-in  £0.94 £1.56 £0.00
The guy hasnt actually played that many hands, not 100% what to do here.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    In Response to interesting spot:
    Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance Dixie202 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £1.66 BillyWiz68 Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £1.14 nixonbaby Big blind   £0.04 £0.10 £1.56   Your hole cards K K       RockSolid Call   £0.04 £0.14 £5.55 nixonbaby Check         F1N63RS Call   £0.04 £0.18 £2.03 The_Don90 Raise   £0.24 £0.42 £2.68 Dixie202 Fold         BillyWiz68 Call   £0.20 £0.62 £0.94 RockSolid Fold         nixonbaby Fold         F1N63RS Fold         Flop     J 8 J       BillyWiz68 All-in   £0.94 £1.56 £0.00 The guy hasnt actually played that many hands, not 100% what to do here.
    Posted by The_Don90
    CALL
  • edited July 2010
    I would snap call here. If the guy's got a Jack he's going to have to show it me (and then enjoy my 94p while I make a note on him.) This smells much more like a bluff, an 8, or a pocket pair you have beat to me.
  • edited July 2010

In Response to Re: interesting spot:
    I would snap call here. If the guy's got a Jack he's going to have to show it me (and then enjoy my 94p while I make a note on him.) This smells much more like a bluff, an 8, or a pocket pair you have beat to me.
    Posted by JohnConnor
    i agree they do this with 8s draws, PP, overs and all other spazzy stuff, not to many jacks left but more stuff you are beating
  • edited July 2010
    easiest call of all time!

he does this with anything, short stack monkey
  • edited July 2010
    I called in the end guys, he had Aces.
  • edited July 2010
    I called in the end guys, he had Aces.
    Posted by The_Don90
    That's just unlucky that Don. With his pre-flop play you cant put him on that. He's risked playing it 5-handed (particularly at this level where people don't like to fold pre-flop).
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: interesting spot : That's just unlucky that Don. With his pre-flop play you cant put him on that. He's risked playing it 5-handed (particularly at this level where people don't like to fold pre-flop).
    Posted by JohnConnor
    Yea i couldnt believe it, i deliberetly under raise Kings to get one caller, couldnt believe the lack of re-raise from the aces.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: interesting spot : Yea i couldnt believe it, i deliberetly under raise Kings to get one caller, couldnt believe the lack of re-raise from the aces.
    Posted by The_Don90
    AGHHHHHHH

• ybyb
    edited July 2010
    So whats your standard opening raise when you have kings? And does your raise size depend on your starting hand, ie. would you raise more with AA/KK/QQ than you would with other hands?

And its an obvious call btw
  • edited July 2010
    So whats your standard opening raise when you have kings? And does your raise size depend on your starting hand, ie. would you raise more with AA/KK/QQ than you would with other hands? And its an obvious call btw
    Posted by yb
    Well Talon said i was playing like that, so i decided to try and keep it nearer my Standard 4x BB bet.
  • ybyb
    edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: interesting spot : Well Talon said i was playing like that, so i decided to try and keep it nearer my Standard 4x BB bet.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Yeah I normally just make it 4x + 1BB for each limper.

Unless I'm playing live in which case I'd raise more pf or else end up with about 23 callers...
  • edited July 2010
    This is the most uninteresting spot I've ever seen.

Sorry but come on W.T.F is this thread about.
  • edited July 2010

It's weird because it seems you are actually getting worse the longer it goes on......

• edited July 2010
    It's weird because it seems you are actually getting worse the longer it goes on......
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    I fully admit i played this hand badly pre flop. I posted the hand as i wanted to know how i played post flop but calling.

Everyone seemed to agree theyd also make the call so i felt a little happier. Ive managed to break a small profit today so now stopping for food.

P.S. I did play better after this hand, gave me a little wake up call.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: interesting spot : I fully admit i played this hand badly pre flop. I posted the hand as i wanted to know how i played post flop but calling. Everyone seemed to agree theyd also make the call so i felt a little happier. Ive managed to break a small profit today so now stopping for food. P.S. I did play better after this hand, gave me a little wake up call.
    Posted by The_Don90

Pre flop is awesome

flop is snap cawl. wp ul
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: interesting spot : I fully admit i played this hand badly pre flop. I posted the hand as i wanted to know how i played post flop but calling. Everyone seemed to agree theyd also make the call so i felt a little happier. Ive managed to break a small profit today so now stopping for food. P.S. I did play better after this hand, gave me a little wake up call.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Yh, tbh sometimes you do think maybe he'd got a Jack but then you still call as you just can't fold lol.
  • edited July 2010
  • edited July 2010
     Hi Don  Like most players you post to get advice and some help with your game. That's what the Forum is all about. !   As I've said before I am Newbie and not placed to advise you where you are going wrong. But for what its worth. ! I was surprised to find you on my table today playing DYM when I thought you mainly played Cash. You obviously play lots of games by the volume of posted hands on here, and they are only the ones that have gone wrong for you. I only have our one meeting today and these posts to judge you, but find you are aggressive player pre-flop and with that amount of chips in you tend to be committed and I think you over valued your hands pre.  Don't wish to judge you because I have my mad moments and the red mist plus devil saying call call. If others want to ridicule you for your post that's up to them I can only advise you to play fewer games and see how you get on.  gl   remember No friends in Poker only critics.?  Annie x
    Posted by logdon
    Youd actually be very suprised, im not a Cash player. DoHHH trying to get me into cash recently so ive been playing it trying to learn hense the volume of hands posted. I feel so much more comfortable in DYM;s and even more so i MTT's.

As you said i am very aggressive pre flop and often aggressive throughout. On that DYM table i noticed it was between me or you for bubbling and seen an opportunity to push it in your direction a little bit unfortunetly i didnt realise the limper was as strong as AQ or i wouldnt have shoved with the rag.
  • edited July 2010
     Thank you for the help but as I have already said "NO FRIENDS IN POKER" or collusion. Luvs yeh Annie x careful with the push it in my direction thank you.!!!!  If you are letting other players win at your expense then I have spotted your problem.?
    Posted by logdon
    Erm i meant push so i knocked you out lol :D
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: interesting spot : Well that didn't work did it.   back to the drawing board. ? 
    Posted by logdon
    Yea indeed, im on a very small profit for today, if i keep this level up ill be at NL8 in 160 days :D