You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Slow News Day

edited July 2010 in The Shed
I've just watched the lunchtime news and one of their stories is the auctioning off of the ashes of the cat who used to appear in the credits for Coronation Street.  By the way the cat died 10 years ago lol.

Two questions:-

1) This is worthy of the news because??
2) Who the heck would WANT them?

Comments

• edited July 2010
    ANSWERS

1) IT HAD MORE TALENT THAN JORDAN
    2)PETER ANDRE?
  • edited July 2010
    I'd prefer to see news like this more than some stabbing between "rival gangs"

The front page the other day was great "BLACK PARENTS... WHITE BABY!"
  • edited July 2010
    Who'd actually pay for cat ashes? Serious collectors want bones!

• edited July 2010
    I've put in a bid of 56p. If i win then i'm gonna roll up a £50 note and snort them.
  • edited July 2010
    What about the wonderful world of 'famous peoples locks of hair' collecting. 
    Here are just a few :-
    Nelson $97,000
    Napoleon £8,600
    Beethoven £380
    Henry Ford $102
    Che Guevara $119,500
    Elvis $15,000
    There must be a real 'nutters market' out there!
    I am now going to snip a lock of my hair off (it is dye and grease / dandruff free) please put all bids in sterling, if you have no money, alternative gifts are welcome, i will sell to the most worthy bidder next friday. I hope to get more than Napoleon!
  • edited July 2010
    apparently the embalmer who prepared elvis for him to lie in state is auctioning his toe tag and all the bits they used on him.why wait 33 years to sell this stuff,really you could,nt make this stuff up.i wonder if it smells lol....
    oh,whats green and sings.............elvis parsley.boom boom
  • edited July 2010

what a great  head line england win ashes

• edited July 2010

read big news england win world cup  the ases and   wimbledon on the same day    the headline was  man spends to long in desert

• edited July 2010
    The stuff you get on the front pages of newspapers is reliant on the 'supposed' average reading age or 'intelligence' of it's readers.....

for example, at the top end of the market eg...The Times or the Guardian you could get "The Queen is dead, nations mourns......

While at the bottom end of the tabloid market (Such as the Sun or Daily Star) instead of a newsworthy story such as the above their front pages would read......" JORDAN EXCLUSIVE - MY TlTS ARE SORE!!"

You pay your money....you get you choice!
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Slow News Day:
    I've just watched the lunchtime news and one of their stories is the auctioning off of the ashes of the cat who used to appear in the credits for Coronation Street.  By the way the cat died 10 years ago lol. Two questions:- 1) This is worthy of the news because?? 2) Who the heck would WANT them?
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    1. After 10 years..ummm..maybe c`os its a 10 year anniversary and Corrie is a much loved soap?

2. A corrie soap fan and possibly a Corrie soap fan and cat lover? : ) xxx

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Slow News Day:
    The stuff you get on the front pages of newspapers is reliant on the 'supposed' average reading age or 'intelligence' of it's readers..... for example, at the top end of the market eg...The Times or the Guardian you could get "The Queen is dead, nations mourns...... While at the bottom end of the tabloid market (Such as the Sun or Daily Star) instead of a newsworthy story such as the above their front pages would read......" JORDAN EXCLUSIVE - MY TlTS ARE SORE!!" You pay your money....you get you choice!
    Posted by bobcat52
    Top end! the Guardian!! haha, i nearly choked on my dinner then lol.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Slow News Day:
    In Response to Slow News Day : 1. After 10 years..ummm..maybe c`os its a 10 year anniversary and Corrie is a much loved soap? 2. A corrie soap fan and possibly a Corrie soap fan and cat lover? : ) xxx
    Posted by candi
    It went for £700! crazy, crazy people, i will stick to stamp collecting thanks.
  • edited July 2010
    there again reading the Sun could possibly be stretching your boundaries a bit.....
  • edited July 2010

The Mirror every time. At least its not owned by a tory
  • edited July 2010
    You get better by the day Candi......;0) xxx.