You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SPT Swansea Live Update thread

14567810»

Comments

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: SPT Swansea Live Update thread:
    Ratboy is 19 years old Diggerman is 83
    Posted by SPT
    i said giddins and 19 years old!!

do you realise how much u had my hopes up, i want compensation!! lol
  • edited July 2010
    Well done Ratboy71, and Digsy, and all who cashed

Thank you for the updates SPT Rich, top stuff as always, hope to see you in Notts on 11th Sept.

Hoggers

• edited July 2010
    Well done Mark Congrats on a great win

Big well done to Diggerman, great result for you too Digsy

Dave
  • edited July 2010
    Thanks for all the updates.

See you in Nottingham hopefully
  • edited July 2010
    Hi All

Just got home. Still hasn't sunk in yet. Thanks to everyone for their support, especially my wife.

Well done to everyone who cashed, and a big up to Diggerman who took defeat graciously.

• edited July 2010

Well done to eveyone who cashed, it was very exciting watching the final table...also WELL DONE dad lol

comeeee onnnn ratttboyyyyyyyyy!

• edited July 2010
    Thanks for the updates Rich.
    Congratulations to all who took part and particularly those who cashed.
    Well done Ratboy71.
  • edited July 2010

Congrats bro you the man!!! ...... Good luck in Nottingham!!!

Well done to all who cashed.

Rich, TK cheers guys Great Tour.
  • edited July 2010
    Well doen ratboy and to all those who cashed, great updates once again rich many thanks
  • edited July 2010
    WTG ratboy, thanks for the updates Rich, greatly appreciated, you star you.
  • edited July 2010
    Great work on the updates Rich!

Ratboy, I think your gonna have to treat Mrs Ratboy for her support through out, now you've taken the top prize!

Well done to Ratboy and Diggerman, sounded like a great tourney!!
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: SPT Swansea Live Update thread : i said giddins and 19 years old!! do you realise how much u had my hopes up, i want compensation!! lol
    Posted by christiann
    you still would have been wrond orford lasted longer lol
  • edited July 2010
    Congratulations to Ratboy and to all those who cashed.  Thanks Rich for the excellent updates.
  • edited July 2010
    Congratulations to Ratboy and to all those who cashed.  Thanks Rich for the excellent updates.
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    great updates and well played all,nice pick up ratboy,is there anymore photos anywhere
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: SPT Swansea Live Update thread : you still would have been wrond orford lasted longer lol
    Posted by bigflop1

ooh im not so bothered then! lol
  • edited July 2010

Well done Ratboy, played for a couple of hours on your table and from what I saw not surprised you went on to win it.. Plated a very solid game
  • edited July 2010
    Well Done Ratboy71, played on your right for first 2/3 hours of Tourney, it was a pleasure to have met you!
    Brilliant fightback on final table from you sir, watched last hour with your son, and he is a credit to you as well!!

Well played to all other casher's esp mi mate marc 9th.

Unlucky to Diggerman, esp when you lost AJ to A9, which swung it away from you!!

Thanks to Sky Dave, for the Omaha lesson LOL, great fun!

Hope everyone else has a great day/nite like i did
  • edited July 2010
    I've just been catching up and re-living the events of last night! Great updates as usual, I'm usually reading them though and not involved in them!

Huge congratulations to Ratboy, very well played mate! It was a great final table (in fact, the whole tournament was brilliant) and very well played to everyone who cashed!

Great to meet so many of you folks down there, especially TommyD, Dollie....good grief, there's so many, I think I'll just leave it there because I'll only miss someone out! Thanks for all your support and for the support on this thread too! Very much appreciated! ;)

Also, a big up to Maxally & Machka! Great weekend guys, see you in Nottingham!!!!  Oohh and Ness, you better get to DTD too sweetheart! ;)

PS Of course, I'm absolutely gutted that I didn't win it but second is so much more than I expected so..... WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!! ;)

• edited July 2010
    Nice post - wd again mate.
  • edited July 2010
    well done to everyone who played... had a great weekend

it was good to put faces to the names i play with everyday!!!

- ratboy... didnt have the pleasure saturday (thank god.. but was sat next to you in fridays warm up game)
    - flash, dav36, dollie and tempusfuge - again all sat on my table friday night 9great bunch of guys and we had a good game/night0

when i sat down saturday i thought i would be 1st out with

nutter
    dylan12
    tommyd
    bonnicoon
    and maxally - who is much better looking than his avitar ;)

strangly i was over double the average stack all day untill they split the table up and i sat with names not so famous on the site (qq v ak)

finished in about 35th i think, but had a great weekend

hope i have the roll to try a few qualifiers for notts
  • edited July 2010
    I've just been catching up and re-living the events of last night! Great updates as usual, I'm usually reading them though and not involved in them! Huge congratulations to Ratboy, very well played mate! It was a great final table (in fact, the whole tournament was brilliant) and very well played to everyone who cashed! Great to meet so many of you folks down there, especially TommyD, Dollie....good grief, there's so many, I think I'll just leave it there because I'll only miss someone out! Thanks for all your support and for the support on this thread too! Very much appreciated! ;) Also, a big up to Maxally & Machka! Great weekend guys, see you in Nottingham!!!!  Oohh and Ness, you better get to DTD too sweetheart! ;) PS Of course, I'm absolutely gutted that I didn't win it but second is so much more than I expected so..... WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!! ;)
    Posted by DiggerMan
    nice to meet you on friday  great result yesterday   hope to see you in nottingham
  • edited July 2010
    Just got back from Swansea and this is my first chance to check the SPT Update thread.  I eagerly pages through in case I had won, I hadn't.

Congratulations to Ratboy71 and DiggerMan, so glad it went down to two Sky players who are well known and respected on here.

It was great to catch up with so many of the players again, special mention to DiggerMan, MAXALLY, Ness4, TommyD, Phil12uk, Dylan12, Dollie, Solack, Monkey123, DAIBOOT, nutter, DANTB, Gliterbabe,  etc etc etc.  You get the idea.

Also big shout out to all the Sky crew who I met - Tikay, Rich Orford, Ed, Rich, Rich (yes, there is 3 of them), Ling, Anneka, the lovely red-head Susan? ;-) and special mention to Dave Bland who is a top guy.  Had a good chat with him about Sky, Chess, poker strategy and Omaha.  I won't forget the 3 hour 15 minute £2 Omaha SnG in a long time.

If I forgot to mention anyone, it's because I didn't care.  Whoops, I mean it's because it was a long long weekend and my brain is frazzled (mmm bacony).

Roll on Nottingham.
  • edited July 2010
    Helloooo…..not long back from the 7 hour, double train journey to get home!
    Just wanted to say it was well worth it for a fantastic weekend. I got to chat with so many of my idols from Sky, players and presenters. Big thanks to Brrrrrr and JRY for your support. Still buzzing from making the final table in my first SPT, can’t believe it!!!
    Very well done to Ratboy and very unlucky Diggerman. 
  • edited July 2010
    Well done Ratboy........you must be feeling fantastic
  • edited July 2010
    Very well done Ratboy. I can't believe I managed to cash although not one half decent hand in the last hour so drifted out.

I loved the day and a big thank you to all the guys from Sky. 
  • edited July 2010
    well done Ratboy, i am sure the hand in which you nocked me out 24th with your pocket ACES againts my small suited AK Dimonds took you on to the wining streak
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: SPT Swansea Live Update thread : a friend of mine sheesh (qualified from a super sat live this morning) is in his mid 20's   maybe 26... the only one left who looks about that age
    Posted by bigflop1
    mid 20's?? lol. sheesh is 36
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: SPT Swansea Live Update thread : mid 20's?? lol. sheesh is 36
    Posted by SwansFC
    looks younger than 36!!!
  • edited July 2010
    I know, I thought he was 20 odd too till he told me his age lol