You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Living underground in Vegas!

edited July 2010 in Poker Chat
Just seen this account of people living in the underground 'storm drain city' in Vegas! Apparently there are whole communities living here, i thought it was real eye opening, millions of dollars being gambled away 'upstairs', and this beneath their feet! Suppose this is in every city though. the link is 7 mins long!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kNZVysIYTg&feature=related

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Yes, there's a huge homelessness problem in Las Vegas - and it's impossible to walk along The Strip without encountering people who are sleeping rough and begging.

Actually, the whole Vegas economy is pretty grim at the moment (as I hinted at in my recent blogs).

A taxi driver told me, two years ago, he paid $450,000 for his house in Henderson.  His neighbour's (identical) property is currently on the market for $175,000!  And he's had no interest from buyers.

Blackjack dealers at the Bellagio and Wynn who are used to making $1,000 every weekend in tips are getting used to receiving gratuities closer to $100-$150.

And look at MGM-Mirage.  Thanks to the white elephant that is CityCenter, the company's close to filing for bankruptcy protection.  Every week, I read another story about MGM-Mirage's attempts to "restructure its debt."

All pretty depressing :(

• edited July 2010
    Living the dream I say. care free tax free
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Living underground in Vegas!:
    Yes, there's a huge homelessness problem in Las Vegas - and it's impossible to walk along The Strip without encountering people who are sleeping rough and begging. Actually, the whole Vegas economy is pretty grim at the moment (as I hinted at in my recent blogs). A taxi driver told me, two years ago, he paid $450,000 for his house in Henderson.  His neighbour's (identical) property is currently on the market for $175,000!  And he's had no interest from buyers. Blackjack dealers at the Bellagio and Wynn who are used to making $1,000 every weekend in tips are getting used to receiving gratuities closer to $100-$150. And look at MGM-Mirage.  Thanks to the white elephant that is CityCenter, the company's close to filing for bankruptcy protection.  Every week, I read another story about MGM-Mirage's attempts to "restructure its debt." All pretty depressing :(
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    nice one james ,

i must say since you joined the skypoker  team,

your honesty has always shone through .

topman  you james !