You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Boom Boom Bang should i fold?

edited July 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
dugboy25 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £11.39
pagel10 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £4.62
  Your hole cards

russia Fold     
The_Don90 Raise  £0.16 £0.22 £3.95
dugboy25 Fold     
pagel10 Call  £0.12 £0.34 £4.50
Flop

pagel10 Check     
The_Don90 Bet  £0.17 £0.51 £3.78
pagel10 Call  £0.17 £0.68 £4.33
Turn

• K

pagel10 Check     
The_Don90 Bet  £0.51 £1.19 £3.27
pagel10 Call  £0.51 £1.70 £3.82
River

pagel10 Check     
The_Don90 Bet  £0.85 £2.55 £2.42
pagel10 All-in  £3.82 £6.37 £0.00
The_Don90 All-in  £2.42 £8.79 £0.00
pagel10 Unmatched bet  £0.55 £8.24 £0.55
pagel10 Show
  • K

The_Don90 Show

pagel10 Win Full House, 10s and Kings £7.63  £8.18

Comments

• edited July 2010

Dont see how you can fold here Don, only problem is very loose raise here Preflop

Although you have position which you want, your hand is only really a drawing hand and will not be profitable over time raising from the button. on a plus side im glad you raised rather then called here still what you need to try to remember don at these low levels abc poker really does work so no need to make plays from button and when you do get a hand there raise it up and you'll be suprised how often you'll get called.

after hitting dont see how you can get away from this but as for how you played the hand not really a fan, on the flop would bet more 1/2 pot doesn't really do much 3/4 pot or pot sized raise if you want to ask a question, as you will know in poker sometimes you need to raise to find out where you are and 1/2 pot only encourages draws which you want to overprice, also a hand that will beat yours can either call if there well ahead or re-raise in this spot. just think why are you betting? what will you do if he re-raises etc, i would have called here but preflop wouldn't have been involved

• edited July 2010
    i think you played this ok apart from the river, betting the river is fine but when he check raises you on a flushing paired board what do you think he has? BLUFF?   a thin value check raise with 6,5 hearts?

i like your bet size on the river you could make it a little bigger say 1.00 your looking to make it cheap enough for trips to make a call
  • edited July 2010
    TBH Don at 2p 4p there's no need to start messing around raising with suited connectors as you might hit top pair and feel commited to continue betting, if you just stick to strong hands you'll be in profit over time.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Boom Boom Bang should i fold?:
    TBH Don at 2p 4p there's no need to start messing around raising with suited connectors as you might hit top pair and feel commited to continue betting, if you just stick to strong hands you'll be in profit over time.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    suited connecters are very over rated, i agree with what your saying in that at these levels playing big cards and position will be very profitable
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Boom Boom Bang should i fold? : suited connecters are very over rated, i agree with what your saying in that at these levels playing big cards and position will be very profitable
    Posted by N1CK
    Ofcourse if he was playing with the big boys at 100/200/300 NL then you have to mix your game up, but at this level a limp on the button is fine for me.
  • edited July 2010
    Thanks guys.

Im feeling really unsuited (pardon the pun) at NL4. Im finding it very frustrating watching some of the plays. Im going to try get some decent BR investment over the next week or two and play at a higher stake. Im just no good at this ABC stuff.
  • edited July 2010
    Don i know what you mean but i been playing there on breaks and lunches as i find easier not to concentrate etc seriously just play abc tag style and this will work, try to be aggressive but not too aggressive and when you get on a good run slow down for a bit then speed up again

I know you can kill 4nl just play abc poker
  • edited July 2010
    WIn Response to Re: Boom Boom Bang should i fold?:
    In Response to Re: Boom Boom Bang should i fold? : Ofcourse if he was playing with the big boys at 100/200/300 NL then you have to mix your game up, but at this level a limp on the button is fine for me.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Really you dont want to get in the habbit of limping anywere, he should raise that hand on the button pick up the blinds or the dead money on the flop
  • edited July 2010
    Thanks guys. Im feeling really unsuited (pardon the pun) at NL4. Im finding it very frustrating watching some of the plays. Im going to try get some decent BR investment over the next week or two and play at a higher stake. Im just no good at this ABC stuff.
    Posted by The_Don90
    ABC poker is the foundation to any style of play, you need to understand the basics before you attempt to get fancy, walk before you run and all that,
    i know its frustrating playing at that level but its a very cheap way to learn and practise what you learn, when you feel comfortable with your game and funds permitting then you can move up and apply what you learn
  • edited July 2010
    Thanks guys. Im feeling really unsuited (pardon the pun) at NL4. Im finding it very frustrating watching some of the plays. Im going to try get some decent BR investment over the next week or two and play at a higher stake. Im just no good at this ABC stuff.
    Posted by The_Don90

I think this hand was played near perfecto inc bet sizing ftw.

if you cant beat nl4, moving up wont solve your problems people......
  • edited July 2010
    i think betting 3/4 on river is better....sells a better story after u half bet fold, 3/4 bet turn....makes it an easy decision to call the shove too!

either way should still be calling this river as there are enough Kx hands that havent filled up that he does this with and rando AhXx bluffs he called turn with
  • edited July 2010
    i think betting 3/4 on river is better....sells a better story after u half bet fold, 3/4 bet turn....makes it an easy decision to call the shove too! either way should still be calling this river as there are enough Kx hands that havent filled up that he does this with and rando AhXx bluffs he called turn with
    Posted by lynx3ffect
    i dont think hes bluffing here ever, if he does spz out he would just do it and not check it imo
  • edited July 2010
    I call this all down long and expect to be right like 90% of the time seeing trips and lower flushes getting over excited. Could see him having AT thinking he has the nuts.
  • edited July 2010
    I call this all down long and expect to be right like 90% of the time seeing trips and lower flushes getting over excited. Could see him having AT thinking he has the nuts.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    how many lower flushes are there?
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Boom Boom Bang should i fold? :                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           how many lower flushes are there? they dont check raise with trips they look at the board and poo themselfs people are to scared to value bet at these and higher levels all you beat here is a lunatic
    Posted by N1CK
  • edited July 2010
    STOP CBETTING HALF POT

the end
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Boom Boom Bang should i fold? : how many lower flushes are there?
    Posted by N1CK
    It's 4nl he could have AA, he could have AK, KQ... you can't fold here at 4nl.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Boom Boom Bang should i fold? : It's 4nl he could have AA, he could have AK, KQ... you can't fold here at 4nl.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    well il just have to take your word for that, so whats the nuts at nl4? tptk 2pair?
  • edited July 2010
    im going for a game of NL4 to see if im pwnd, il let you know
  • edited July 2010
    im going for a game of NL4 to see if im pwnd, il let you know
    Posted by N1CK
    How did it go
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Boom Boom Bang should i fold? : How did it go
    Posted by The_Don90
    well it wasnt the carnage i was expecting it was reasonably tight, i played 3 orbits won 1p and got very bored and left
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Boom Boom Bang should i fold? : well it wasnt the carnage i was expecting it was reasonably tight, i played 3 orbits won 1p and got very bored and left
    Posted by N1CK
    Yea ive had a few of those tables. I teand to try pick them now. My ability to steal a pot comes in very handy against these players. 

Again like yourself i teand to get bored playing for next to nothing and i play poor poker.  
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Boom Boom Bang should i fold? : Yea ive had a few of those tables. I teand to try pick them now. My ability to steal a pot comes in very handy against these players.  Again like yourself i teand to get bored playing for next to nothing and i play poor poker.  
    Posted by The_Don90
     Just play 10 seaters at nl4, normally always at least 2 nutters!

Also i wouldn't be folding this at nl4 he could easily have A10,A7,Kx,J10,Q10 or tbh after the nl4 tables i was playing yesterday if he turned over Ace high it wouldn't surprise me. 

I agree to a point that playing suited connectors is abit of a waste at nl4 as solid abc does kill this level, but saying that i would probably raise from the button if it's folded to me in this situation unless i have reads on the player in the bb that he 3 bets alot to protect his blinds etc...i personally wouldn't like limping here.

i think maybe a 3/4-pot better on the flop would be better

i like the bet on the turn and after he calls, i would be thinking he either called with a made hand, or had a-q of hearts in there hand and was c-calling to try hit on the turn so i would probably pot it on the river as if he has missed the flush he isn't calling any bet, and if he is calling with a made hand on the turn he is calling the pot bet.

Saying that when he re raises all in i would be reluctantly calling, as im guessing it's against readless nl4 players i think you have to call if it was against players you had reads against it is defiantly get offable though lol