You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

World Matchplay Darts

edited July 2010 in The Shed

James Wade is just shading this 1st match but i've been well impressed with Wayne Jones, he's playing out of his skin. First to 16, currently 11-9 to Wade.

Klaasen v Whitlock after this, should be another cracker.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    might try Whitlock to win 16-8 @ 10/1
  • edited July 2010
    Grrr, in my office at work I have a fridge with beer, cider & champers, yet I have no TV with Sky Sports :(

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: World Matchplay Darts:
    Posted by emilyegg
    I'll have a quid on this. Klaasen's throwing style is good to watch but i think he lacks consistency because he seems to really put his shoulder into it.
  • edited July 2010

How did I not know this was on???

It hasn't been on in the afternoons all week???......

SOOOOO GUTTED !!!

What was the score in the first match?

These r my 2 fave players on now, other than Phil ofc...
  • edited July 2010
    First match finished 16-12 to Wade.
  • edited July 2010
    Posted by emilyegg
    15-8 as I type...
  • edited July 2010
    Looks like you're the darts guru! 16-8 result!
  • edited July 2010
    Posted by emilyegg
    Nice one, saw this earlier but missed half the match due to school run so didnt get on it, normally would have done.
  • edited July 2010
    LOL Dan, tonight I shall be going....

Barney 16 Stompe 9 @ 10/1
    Taylor 16 Painter 7 @ 6/1

Prices courtesy of SkyBet,

Threatening phone calls to all four players courtesy of myself.
  • edited July 2010
    LOL Dan, tonight I shall be going.... Barney 16 Stompe 9 @ 10/1 Taylor 16 Painter 7 @ 6/1
    Posted by emilyegg
    Great tip sir. That's the pizza money sorted for tonight. A free entry to the t-o-t, darts and junk food, it doesn't get any better than that.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: World Matchplay Darts : Great tip sir. That's the pizza money sorted for tonight. A free entry to the t-o-t, darts and junk food, it doesn't get any better than that.
    Posted by QDMCGRAW
    Good Stuff, see you in the TOT.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: World Matchplay Darts : Great tip sir. That's the pizza money sorted for tonight. A free entry to the t-o-t, darts and junk food, it doesn't get any better than that.
    Posted by QDMCGRAW
    what time do we all come round for pizza ???
  • edited July 2010
    LOL Dan, tonight I shall be going.... Barney 16 Stompe 9 @ 10/1 Taylor 16 Painter 7 @ 6/1 Prices courtesy of SkyBet, Threatening phone calls to all four players courtesy of myself.
    Posted by emilyegg
    im goin 16-6 taylor and 16-11 Barney
  • edited July 2010

Phil's in nuclear mode again.......

• edited July 2010
    Think that Whitlock will be a tough game for The Power tonight. The Whitlock +7.5 games on the handicap looks appealing at 5/6. Might invest a couple of quid on Whitlock to win 17-14 at a whopping 33/1.

Taylor to win by the same scoreline is a very tempting 14/1. Having a dash on that as well.
  • edited July 2010
    Think that Whitlock will be a tough game for The Power tonight. The Whitlock +7.5 games on the handicap looks appealing at 5/6. Might invest a couple of quid on Whitlock to win 17-14 at a whopping 33/1. Taylor to win by the same scoreline is a very tempting 14/1. Having a dash on that as well.
    Posted by emilyegg
    Expected the Abrney game to be a lot closer than it was, whitlock on from can certainly cause an upset, Hope its a close game get bored of watching taylor wlak over people
  • edited July 2010
    Anyone watching this in 3D?
  • edited July 2010
    Lordy, Taylor is bumming him.
  • edited July 2010
    Lordy, Taylor is bumming him.
    Posted by emilyegg
    yup another very dissapointing game, just hope barney does a little better tonight
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: World Matchplay Darts : yup another very dissapointing game, just hope barney does a little better tonight
    Posted by 35suited
    I reckon it will be a poor final, taylor win spread of 18 - 9 to 18 - 12. 
  • edited July 2010
    I went to the Winter Gardens on Tuesday Night and i still can't believe how Kevin Painter who was 8-2 down against Colin Lloyd went on to win it 11-9. Apparently word went round via the betting staff from the tourney's sponsors that when Lloyd was 8-2 up exactly at that time, a professional punter put £30,000 on Painter to win the match and to be fair both players that night looked nervous and missed easy doubles.

Tonight it's Taylor vs Barneveld and the only way that Barneveld will win is if Taylor doesn't show him the respect and to give credit where it's due, Barrie Bates on Tuesday Night really took it to Phil Taylor and played the match of his life but Barneveld tonight has to play like he did against Denis Ovens in Round 1 for him to any chance of beating Taylor!

Also message to the PDC, get the world championships up at Blackpool and give Ally Pally the Matchplay!.

That is all!!!...
  • edited July 2010
    I went to the Winter Gardens on Tuesday Night and i still can't believe how Kevin Painter who was 8-2 down against Colin Lloyd went on to win it 11-9. Apparently word went round via the betting staff from the tourney's sponsors that when Lloyd was 8-2 up exactly at that time, a professional punter put £30,000 on Painter to win the match and to be fair both players that night looked nervous and missed easy doubles. Tonight it's Taylor vs Barneveld and the only way that Barneveld will win is if Taylor doesn't show him the respect and to give credit where it's due, Barrie Bates on Tuesday Night really took it to Phil Taylor and played the match of his life but Barneveld tonight has to play like he did against Denis Ovens in Round 1 for him to any chance of beating Taylor! Also message to the PDC, get the world championships up at Blackpool and give Ally Pally the Matchplay!. That is all!!!...
    Posted by OnlyOneCT
    Noooo, ive been to Blackpool - once! and sorry but its a sh it hole, give me London any day of the week, plus its bigger, Sheffield would be ok as well because the ladies outnumber the men! even better hold it in Sweden, as for Barney playing his best and beating Taylor, i think if Barney plays his best and Taylor plays at 80% it will be close, with Taylor still winning it! I reckon that if Barney had throw on every leg tonight he would still lose!
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: World Matchplay Darts : Noooo, ive been to Blackpool - once! and sorry but its a sh it hole, give me London any day of the week, plus its bigger, Sheffield would be ok as well because the ladies outnumber the men! even better hold it in Sweden, as for Barney playing his best and beating Taylor, i think if Barney plays his best and Taylor plays at 80% it will be close, with Taylor still winning it! I reckon that if Barney had throw on every leg tonight he would still lose!
    Posted by loonytoons
    I wouldn't use them words myself but it's certainly not one place i would go for a holiday in a hurry and the only time i will venture into Blackpool is when the Matchplay is on as the atmosphere is 100 times better then the ghastly Ally Pally where for me it's just doesn't appeal and getting to AP is a nightmare compared to Blackpool where it's a lot easier to find the venue!.

I do like London a lot, more than my neck of the woods here in Manchester in all honesty and if i'm going to be brutally honest somewhere like the Wembley Arena would be a far better venue then Ally Pally!
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: World Matchplay Darts : I wouldn't use them words myself but it's certainly not one place i would go for a holiday in a hurry and the only time i will venture into Blackpool is when the Matchplay is on as the atmosphere is 100 times better then the ghastly Ally Pally where for me it's just doesn't appeal and getting to AP is a nightmare compared to Blackpool where it's a lot easier to find the venue!. I do like London a lot, more than my neck of the woods here in Manchester in all honesty and if i'm going to be brutally honest somewhere like the Wembley Arena would be a far better venue then Ally Pally!
    Posted by OnlyOneCT
    I better make one thing clear, by sh it hole, i don't mean the people, i have a good mate from my military days that lived there, but i went to visit him on holiday once and to be brutally honest, most of the hotels looked like flea pits, the promenade needed a good lick of paint and some TLC. The funfare was ok, although a bit pricey, but apart from that, i found the place rather depressing for a holiday destination, it was probably considered good in days gone by as people didnt know any better, now people wont take cr ap service, hotels and amenities,  in fact, ive only ever been to a worse destination when on holiday and that was Jersey, but that's another story!
  • edited July 2010
    Just watched the ladies darts final and it was like watching Iggy pop versus Mrs Doubtfire! I was going to recommend a gender test on them both, until i saw them throw, and yep they were really bad! I reckon they were averaging 21 - 24 darts a game, even i could beat that! Why can't women throw darts like men, they only weigh 20grms so it cant be physical, must be in the 'genes'
  • edited July 2010
    Just watched the ladies darts final and it was like watching Iggy pop versus Mrs Doubtfire! I was going to recommend a gender test on them both, until i saw them throw, and yep they were really bad! I reckon they were averaging 21 - 24 darts a game, even i could beat that! Why can't women throw darts like men, they only weigh 20grms so it cant be physical, must be in the 'genes'
    Posted by loonytoons
    Totally agree. Same applies to pool, most women are cr ap at that, it's only simple angles so they've got no excuse.