You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Whats your next action?

edited July 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceBOMBDOGSmall blind £0.50£0.50£283.79DrMarblesBig blind £1.00£1.50£116.96 Your hole cardsAA   BooniconFold    CLIOKIDRaise £4.00£5.50£124.58my445Fold    3581118313Fold    BOMBDOGCall £3.50£9.00£280.29DrMarblesCall £3.00£12.00£113.96Flop  Q106   BOMBDOGCheck    DrMarblesBet £9.00£21.00£104.96      
Can't seem to paste these across properly anymore but all players are just over 100BB deep.

Comments

• ybyb
    edited July 2010
    Raise and call a shove against this opponent. If they were tighter then probably just flatting and evaluating turn would be better.
  • edited July 2010
    It's pretty much readless for me here.

Newish to the table and not played this oppo before.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Whats your next action?:
    It's pretty much readless for me here. Newish to the table and not played this oppo before.
    Posted by CLIOKID
    raise and call a shove.
  • edited July 2010
    I like a raise get it in here rather then calling, so many turns cards you going to hate that make them s8s/two pairs, id rather try and get it in on the flop.

i raise the flop looking to get it in against DrMarbles, if BOMBDOG overshoves then drmarbles calls id fold.
  • edited July 2010
    BOMBDOG Small blind  £0.50 £0.50 £283.79
    DrMarbles Big blind  £1.00 £1.50 £116.96
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

Boonicon Fold     
    CLIOKID Raise  £4.00 £5.50 £124.58
    my445 Fold     
    3581118313 Fold     
    BOMBDOG Call  £3.50 £9.00 £280.29
    DrMarbles Call  £3.00 £12.00 £113.96
    Flop

• Q

BOMBDOG Check     
    DrMarbles Bet  £9.00 £21.00 £104.96
    CLIOKID Call  £9.00 £30.00 £115.58
    BOMBDOG Fold     
    Turn

DrMarbles Bet  £22.00 £52.00 £82.96
    CLIOKID All-in  £115.58 £167.58 £0.00
  • edited July 2010
    Don't like that, I doubt he calls with AQ here or with anything else you beat, but you get snapped off with sets and two pairs and you fold out all his bluffs.

I prefer just raising the flop and getting it in. 
  • edited July 2010
    Don't like that, I doubt he calls with AQ here or with anything else you beat, but you get snapped off with sets and two pairs and you fold out all his bluffs. I prefer just raising the flop and getting it in. 
    Posted by Cowgomoo

lol so they're lead stacking off with a wide range we are ahead of on flop but on turn all 1 pr hands fold?
  • edited July 2010
    Don't like that, I doubt he calls with AQ here or with anything else you beat, but you get snapped off with sets and two pairs and you fold out all his bluffs. I prefer just raising the flop and getting it in. 
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    I wasn't too keen on the play either tbh, which is why i thought i'd see how others might play in this spot.

Say i raise the flop am I always happy to get it in if he 3-bets all-in?

Never sure how to read the donk bet out. Can sometimes be super strong in spots like this.

• edited July 2010
    As played I call turn.

Think the AI against this villain is pretty bad.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Whats your next action? : lol so they're lead stacking off with a wide range we are ahead of on flop but on turn all 1 pr hands fold?
    Posted by beaneh
    we have a wider range if we raise flop so he can easily stack off with top pair or draws but after flatting flop then shoving turn like that our range is so narrow we are just never bluffing 
  • edited July 2010
    As played I call turn. Think the AI against this villain is pretty bad.
    Posted by scotty77
    Playing essentially readless against this guy which made it tougher.

I didn't want to flat turn and see a K,Q,J,T peel off on river and face a horrible river decision.

Just decided to shut the pot down whilst I thought I was good.
  • edited July 2010
    call turn once you call flop and he doesn't shut down. play ze river.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Whats your next action? : we have a wider range if we raise flop so he can easily stack off with top pair or draws but after flatting flop then shoving turn like that our range is so narrow we are just never bluffing 
    Posted by Cowgomoo

errrm i'd have a wider calling range than a raising range on this flop.