You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

im assuming this is a standard cooler?

edited July 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Did i get carried away here?
The villain i have history with, he is loose and loves playing pots with me..
Am i just destined to get stacked or can i save some chips?
I know the preflop call is speculative but i have the button..
It is very rare for me to get stacked off when this deep and i feel a little silly...

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceMATEO Small blind  £0.20 £0.20 £41.37 VillainBig blind  £0.40 £0.60 £86.59   Your hole cards 10 Q       pompeyjon1 Fold     murphey Raise  £1.60 £2.20 £44.46 alucard628 Fold     GREGHOGG Call  £1.60 £3.80 £77.23 MATEO Fold     Villain Call  £1.20 £5.00 £85.39 Flop    4 J 6       VillianCheck     murphey Check     GREGHOGG Bet  £3.75 £8.75 £73.48 VillainRaise  £10.00 £18.75 £75.39 murphey Fold     GREGHOGG Raise  £25.00 £43.75 £48.48 VillianAll-in  £75.39 £119.14 £0.00 GREGHOGG All-in  £48.48 £167.62 £0.00 VillianUnmatched bet  £8.16 £159.46 £8.16 VillianShow A 9    GREGHOGG Show 10 Q    Turn    5       River    7       VillainWin Flush to the Ace £157.66  £165.82

Comments

• edited July 2010
    It is a cooler but when he 4 bets you then alarm bells have to start ringing.

I don't mind a bit of pot control by flatting when he c/r's you.

You are going to fold out alot of hands you are beating and get heavy resistance from hands you are behind to...

• ybyb
    edited July 2010
    I'm never folding here ever, fwiw I'm 3 betting the flop as well to get value from sets/AsX type hands and to make sure we can get stacks in 200bb's deep.

Added to the fact that he is loose then its a insta fist-pump call when he shoves.

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: im assuming this is a standard cooler?:
    It is a cooler but when he 4 bets you then alarm bells have to start ringing. I don't mind a bit of pot control by flatting when he c/r's you. You are going to fold out alot of hands you are beating and get heavy resistance from hands you are behind to...
    Posted by CLIOKID
    villain here iis never really folding sets, weaker flushes, (pair and nut fd maybe) if he is very lag and there is history?
  • edited July 2010
    There's only 2 cards that beat you... if he's that aggro he'll be doing that, as people said, with a set or weaker flush. It's unlikely if he had a set he'd put you on a flopped flush, for both of you to flop it and for him to have one of the two possible cards that beat you is pretty unlucky really... I think mostly you're gonna be stacking him in this spot, his range of hands he could go allin with there which don't beat you I think are higher than the ones which do.
  • edited July 2010
    yep thats just unlucky greg!!

i dont think many people would of ever folded your hand.

i guess it was worse seing as you were both fairly deepstacked!!! ouch!
  • edited July 2010
    yes.  very UL.

but as has been said there are so many more hands that he can stack off with that you are ahead of this is never ever a fold.  you played it fine.
  • edited July 2010
    Well i aint ever folding in your spot so vul greg mate