You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

On holiday and need a book.

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat
Going on holiday for a week and need a poker book to read, preferably one to improve my poker game, any suggestions?

Play low level non-cash games.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    HARRINGTON ON HOLDEM BY DAN HARRINGTON OR SUPER SYSTEM 1 OR 2 BY DOYLE BRUNSON.
  • edited July 2010
    Poker Blueprint

/thread
  • edited July 2010
    get doyal bruson super system coures in power poker great read
  • edited July 2010
    i got a good deal at amazon.

harrington on holdem

gus hansons every hand revealed

and another i cant remember!!!

all 3 for about £20
  • edited July 2010
    A nice easy read is Phil Gordon's Little Green Book
  • edited July 2010
    Gus Hansen's Every Hand Revealed- not so much a poker text book as a beach-read thriller!

Once you start it, it's so hard to put down. And yet, the weird thing is, you know exactly how it ends!

If you love poker, I would thoroughly recommend it.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: On holiday and need a book.:
    Gus Hansen's Every Hand Revealed- not so much a poker text book as a beach-read thriller! Once you start it, it's so hard to put down. And yet, the weird thing is, you know exactly how it ends! If you love poker, I would thoroughly recommend it.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    For once Rich is talking absolute sense ;)

Great read and I would encourage anyone to read it, It is the only Poker book that has stuck with me and it gives a great insight on his thoughts going towards his win in various positions in the tournament.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: On holiday and need a book. : For once Rich is talking absolute sense ;) Great read and I would encourage anyone to read it, It is the only Poker book that has stuck with me and it gives a great insight on his thoughts going towards his win in various positions in the tournament.
    Posted by dylan12
    Cheers Dyl, did you enjoy dealing on the £50 SNG feature table yesterday? ;) Lol
  • edited July 2010

read gus hanson every hand revealed  hand for hand when he won aussie milllons in 2007  ps dont read books by poker writers only players

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: On holiday and need a book. : Cheers Dyl, did you enjoy dealing on the £50 SNG feature table yesterday? ;) Lol
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Lol, yes indeed you tucked me up there but fair play to you, didn't really mind, massive respect to you and the other presenters for having to do it all day!! Was nice to see you have a break from dealing and donate to the sky poker community players in other SNG's :) he he
  • edited August 2010
    Hi all back from Hols.

Took Gus Hanson's Book and Sit 'n Go Strategy by Moshman.

Read Gus' Book and agree with above a great holiday read for the Poker player.  Now to apply his strategy to
    60p DYMs :-)

Thanks all to those who responded.

Steve