You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

nottingham

edited August 2010 in The Sky Poker Tour
can anyone tell me what the buy in will be for the satalites when they are up in the lobby next week,not the little ones but the main semi normally run at 9.30 at nite,cheers

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Imagining it'll be £24 as usual mate.
  • edited July 2010
    i would think 55 quid m8 as its a 250 buyin.
  • edited July 2010
    I think the buy in will be £200+20, so the sats will be either £22+2 one in tens or £44+4 one in fives.  Hopefully both will run.
  • edited July 2010
    When is Nottingham? I will try to qualify for this one I think.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: nottingham:
    When is Nottingham? I will try to qualify for this one I think.
    Posted by luvBWFC
    11th - 12th September mate. Congrats on last night.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: nottingham : 11th - 12th September mate. Congrats on last night.
    Posted by JohnConnor
    Thanks & Thanks :)
  • edited July 2010
    Anyone know how many runners can be accomodated at dtd, and if its possible to buy straight in?
  • edited July 2010
    Anyone know how many runners can be accomodated at dtd, and if its possible to buy straight in?
    Posted by OMahonyO

DTD has 40+ tables, and has added more in the past for festivals. For a recent tourny they had 650 runners, with a split up day one. :)
  • edited July 2010
    Ok cheers, ive just seen somewhere there will be 250 runners for this.  Direct buyin possible do you know?. I`d like to have a go but not playin the sats in case I cant get time off work on that wknd.
  • edited July 2010
    Direct buy-in was available last year.
  • edited July 2010
    Hi guys, When will the satelittes start for the grand final, sky poker say this week but they give no definate date, preferable if sky can answer this directly so everyone knows more info.
  • edited July 2010
    Hi guys, When will the satelittes start for the grand final, sky poker say this week but they give no definate date, preferable if sky can answer this directly so everyone knows more info.
    Posted by MaundyD1
    The Satellites started yesterday, & run daily.

Direct Buy-Ins are also available via the SkyPoker.com Tourney Lobby.

Good Luck, see you in Nottingham!
  • edited July 2010
    OK so I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I'm supposed to be seeing Muse on the 11th but really want to go to this. So I'm trying to swap my Muse tickets for another date. I was just wondering if it's possible to play the satellite but cancel registration later on (nearer to the tourney) in case I can't manage to swap tickets?
  • edited August 2010
    Just qualified via satellite tourney for DTD on 11/12 Sept.

Just deciding whether to do the 2 hour commute each way on Sat night / Sun morning (in the unlikely event I make day 2) or to book a hotel for Sat night. Am sure sod's law will dictate that if I book a room I'll be out by Saturday teatime, but if I don't, I'll make day 2 and be sleeping on a park bench somewhere. 

Any idea what time day 1 is due to finish?  It's not obvious from the Tourney lobby when the cut off is.

Anyone out there got any hotel recommendations?

Cheers
  • edited August 2010
    Just qualified via satellite tourney for DTD on 11/12 Sept. Just deciding whether to do the 2 hour commute each way on Sat night / Sun morning (in the unlikely event I make day 2) or to book a hotel for Sat night. Am sure sod's law will dictate that if I book a room I'll be out by Saturday teatime, but if I don't, I'll make day 2 and be sleeping on a park bench somewhere.  Any idea what time day 1 is due to finish?  It's not obvious from the Tourney lobby when the cut off is. Anyone out there got any hotel recommendations? Cheers
    Posted by TheSaw
    Hi Saw
    Last year day 1 finished roughly about midnight to 1 am, i think. One think i am sure of was it was not an early finish.
    I have a 2.30 hour drive and i will stay over. I normally stay at the Travelodge riverside(about £60 a night).
    col
  • edited August 2010
    Just qualified via satellite tourney for DTD on 11/12 Sept. Just deciding whether to do the 2 hour commute each way on Sat night / Sun morning (in the unlikely event I make day 2) or to book a hotel for Sat night. Am sure sod's law will dictate that if I book a room I'll be out by Saturday teatime, but if I don't, I'll make day 2 and be sleeping on a park bench somewhere.  Any idea what time day 1 is due to finish?  It's not obvious from the Tourney lobby when the cut off is. Anyone out there got any hotel recommendations? Cheers
    Posted by TheSaw
    Hi Sawman,
    Well done!!  We were on same table last night, briefly as I was KO'd almost immediately you joined the table.  I stayed for 3 nights last year (Fri, Sat & Sun) and stayed at Premier Inn on London Road for less than £150, 10 min drive from DTD and close to centre.
    Hope to see you next month.
  • edited August 2010

Thanks Mr Mbro  - look forward to seeing you next month

Cheers Dollie - UL last night. Am sure you'll make it to DTD though. Not a bad idea doing the Friday & Sunday nights as well. If the poker room there is a good as I'm hearing, it makes sense to extend the weekend.
    I guess you can play in DTD's Friday night tourney as a 'warm up' and also the Sunday nighter if things haven't gone well in the SPT event. You've given me food for thought anyway..........

• edited August 2010

DTD will run their usual schedule all weekend, as well as hosting Sky Poker.

A normal weekend at DTD sees 2 Tournament on the Friday evening, 3 or 4 on the Saturday, & 3 on the Sunday, afternoon & evening, & from £25 up to £200. Well worth making a weekend of it, imo.

Branded hotels in Nottingham are plentiful, & start at around £50 per night, with £40 per night available a few miles out of town. B & B's on Clifton Boulevard probably charge about £30. The Holiday Inn (there are two in Nottingham) is usually between £60 & £70 per night. For those coming from the South via the M1, the Days Inn at Leicester Forest Services is £39.50, & is a pleasant 20 minutes drive from DTD.

Crich Tramway Musuem is only 20 minutes from Nottingham, & is well worth a visit. It's a Museum in Crich, with Trams.
  • edited August 2010

Thanks Tikay

Think I might give DTD a miss and head straight for the Tramway Museum. Do they do a full weekend pass?

Or maybe I could combine it with the Lace museum?  :)

• edited August 2010
    Thanks Tikay Think I might give DTD a miss and head straight for the Tramway Museum. Do they do a full weekend pass? Or maybe I could combine it with the Lace museum?  :)
    Posted by TheSaw
    You are out of luck Saw, I think the lace museum has closed.....
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: nottingham : You are out of luck Saw, I think the lace museum has closed.....
    Posted by Dollie
    Well that's just typical Dollie.

That's worse news than getting my Aces cracked by 72 off.
  • edited August 2010
    We (Me, Other-Half, Mum & Dad) just booked the Premier Inn at Nottingham South for the Friday, Saturday & Sunday (ambitious, I know) for a delightful £113 :-)

Just need to qualify now, not good timing mid-downswing!

See you there regardless

Jamie & Co.
  • edited August 2010
    Do you know roughly what time play will finish on the saturday night,  a few non poker mates are coming down and we were hoping for a night out on the saturday. Is it likely to be closer to 10pm or 2am.

cheers