You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ITS ALL GROOVY MAN SPREAD THE LOVE

edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
I agree to keep the peace, but I'm not hugging anyone

Comments

• edited August 2009
    Hi guys and girls and the inbetween. I have recently been reading a lot of negative posts on the forums lately more so than normal. And just wanted to post something a bit more positive. Poker is a fun game and i have a lot of fun playing it on here. We dont need to waste our time ranting at each other on the tables or off. What is the point if i lose a game the last thing i want is too read someone being negative i want to get some positive vibes and improve my game and be cheered up. I hate to sound like a hippy but surley the forums are a place to have a chat and some fun and to learn some tips on how to play better. Lets all take a chill pill and hug and embrace the game we love. I had a couple of really bad months and was getting frustrated and angry but took a step back and said 'what am i doing' since then when i get a bad beat sure Im not happy but then have a joke and a laugh when i read some of the posts on here and feel much better + my game has improved because of it and the tilt factor goes away. There are some really lovely people on this site and its a shame if the smaller amount of negative players ruin it! so dont let them. Play your game have fun and keep this a happy place.

PEACE AND LOVE BABY :)

If you want to comment on this thread then say something nice that will make me laugh :)
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: ITS ALL GROOVY MAN SPREAD THE LOVE:
    I agree to keep the peace, but I'm not hugging anyone
    Posted by LukeFuller
    LOL not even a tree :) or a big bundle of money
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to ITS ALL GROOVY MAN SPREAD THE LOVE:
    I agree totally man.Cos theres money involved players find it necessary to hurl abuse in the chat rooms and the forums. CHILL OUT chaps we!re all here 4 the same reason to improve have a great time and hopefully win sum cash.If it appens great lets dance naked round the laptop if not dont worry your time will come.Remember 5 per cent of poker players are total beginners 5 per cent are the planets elite and the other 90 namely US are intermediates trying to master the game all at varying degrees of improvement so bad beats and suk-outs are all part of the game.

When sumone abuses me or says summat negative now i try and speak back nice 2 them or apologise 4 sukking-out on them[i am genuinely sorry cos i want 2 win thru good poker play not luck] and i find they usually come round and are ok with it try it next time.Sky poker is a great site and most of the players are flipping brill like a community a brotherhood a family with T.KAY as our old wise grandad. So all families have squabbles but we make up and pull 2gether and all enjoy this fantastic game and this wonderful poker journey.  SO PEACE OUT BROTHERS AND SISTERS!
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to ITS ALL GROOVY MAN SPREAD THE LOVE : I agree totally man.Cos theres money involved players find it necessary to hurl abuse in the chat rooms and the forums. CHILL OUT chaps we!re all here 4 the same reason to improve have a great time and hopefully win sum cash.If it appens great lets dance naked round the laptop if not dont worry your time will come.Remember 5 per cent of poker players are total beginners 5 per cent are the planets elite and the other 90 namely US are intermediates trying to master the game all at varying degrees of improvement so bad beats and suk-outs are all part of the game. When sumone abuses me or says summat negative now i try and speak back nice 2 them or apologise 4 sukking-out on them[i am genuinely sorry cos i want 2 win thru good poker play not luck] and i find they usually come round and are ok with it try it next time.Sky poker is a great site and most of the players are flipping brill like a community a brotherhood a family with T.KAY as our old wise grandad. So all families have squabbles but we make up and pull 2gether and all enjoy this fantastic game and this wonderful poker journey.  SO PEACE OUT BROTHERS AND SISTERS!
    Posted by KeyserSose
    great job keyserSose we are a big oll poker family and thats the way it should be and tk is the wise old grandad lol. Ive not danced around my laptop naked but i might try that one as long as the web cam is turned off. wouldnt want to make anyone jelous. Need more like you keysersose. your groovy man :)
  • edited August 2009
    Good post Dazler,

Since the forums have started I have got to know alot more players on the site and it has extended the experience of 'Sky Poker' for the better...! Players have voiced their opinions, and from that we have a series of new tournaments which increases the quality of poker on the site...! (i.e Deep Stacks)

However the few players that throw abuse around will end up ruining the forum... if it continues then who is to say sky just won't close the forum down... no player on here wants to post something and then receive abuse from someone regarding the subject they are discussing... we are all meant to be here for the same reason, playing poker, having some fun with fellow players and even making a bit of cash... ;)

Now off to find a tree...
  • edited August 2009
    dazler have a bath ya hippy lol
  • edited August 2009
    Lets all have a big group hug.
    good post Dazler.
  • edited August 2009
    Yet again Dazler - great thread.... 'i love you man'
  • edited August 2009
    spread the love man , im with ya .  ........  na ,on second thoughts, lets organize a boxing event ,call it bad beats and make lots of dosh.
  • edited August 2009
    Good post Dazler, Since the forums have started I have got to know alot more players on the site and it has extended the experience of 'Sky Poker' for the better...! Players have voiced their opinions, and from that we have a series of new tournaments which increases the quality of poker on the site...! (i.e Deep Stacks) However the few players that throw abuse around will end up ruining the forum... if it continues then who is to say sky just won't close the forum down... no player on here wants to post something and then receive abuse from someone regarding the subject they are discussing... we are all meant to be here for the same reason, playing poker, having some fun with fellow players and even making a bit of cash... ;) Now off to find a tree...
    Posted by _AppleMac_
    I totaly agree AppleMac (my favorite computer by the way) sky give a lot of leaway when it comes to the forums and thats good because it lets us express ourselves in the way we want and would be terrible if every post had to wait before going up because of over checking of the content. So if we abuse it too much it could go that way and would ruin the community we have.

Id suggest an oak tree good roots on them.
  • edited August 2009
    dazler have a bath ya hippy lol
    Posted by annie_duke
    well thats not very nice i had one last month. But ill take your advice and have a good scrub :)
  • edited August 2009
    Lets all have a big group hug. good post Dazler.
    Posted by RichiSwift
    TY RishiSwift thats what i like 'heal the world lets make it a better place, for you and for me and the entire poker face. There are players cryin and my chip stack die'in ........ you know the rest :)
  • edited August 2009
    Yet again Dazler - great thread.... 'i love you man'
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Love
    "Do you want me to tell you something really subversive? Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it. . . . It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk anything, you risk even more."
    Erica Jong - How to Save Your Own Life
  • edited August 2009
    As time goes by, you will see
    That we're going to be free
    You and me, we'll touch the sky
    Can you see in your mind's eye
    That we are one
    We're all the same
    And life is just a simple game.

-Mike Pinter
  • edited August 2009
    And down on the shore they gather romance
    She showed me much more, not only to dance...

Aga-doo-doo-doo, push pineapple, shake the tree
    Aga-doo-doo-doo, push pineapple, grind coffee
    To the left, to the right, jump up and down and to the knees
    Come and dance every night, sing with a hula melody

- Black Lace
  • edited August 2009
    Dazler     you want risk ?  You want a laugh ?   

check out  thread   ( x files )

Dont say i didn't warn ya !!
  • edited August 2009
    And down on the shore they gather romance She showed me much more, not only to dance... Aga-doo-doo-doo, push pineapple, shake the tree Aga-doo-doo-doo, push pineapple, grind coffee To the left, to the right, jump up and down and to the knees Come and dance every night, sing with a hula melody - Black Lace
    Posted by annie_duke
    annie_duke duke duke push your chips and give too me
    annie_duke duke duke it wont be long before you hug a tree
    To the left, to the right then the player raised me from behind
    iplay the open every night but i still cant win a thing.
  • edited August 2009
    im in a time warp
  • edited August 2009
    Dazler     you want risk ?  You want a laugh ?    check out  thread   ( x files ) Dont say i didn't warn ya !!
    Posted by bennydip2
    Its funny you should say that cos i was gonna suggest that to everyone in my intro. Its definately the best place for a laugh go check it out guys. Always lovin it bennydip2. Im terrible at jokes though i always tell the puchline before the start of the joke never quite so funny then.
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: ITS ALL GROOVY MAN SPREAD THE LOVE : annie_duke duke duke push your chips and give too me annie_duke duke duke it wont be long before you hug a tree To the left, to the right then the player raised me from behind iplay the open every night but i still cant win a thing.
    Posted by Dazler
    very good lol
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: ITS ALL GROOVY MAN SPREAD THE LOVE : very good lol
    Posted by annie_duke
    It was a bit lame really lol but i tried :)
  • edited August 2009
    started off ok then fizzled out
  • edited August 2009
    Nice post Dazler; agree totally. Way too much testerone and general nastiness flying around here by way too many people.

No need!

Peace out.
  • edited August 2009
     Dazler thank you..hmmm have i got it right   Black Lace (Wakefield Band)  :)