You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Desision time and often critical.

edited July 2010 in The Poker Clinic
It depends on chip sizes, format etc Don, also what type of opponenet your up against

Impossible to answer here really without more information

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Ok im just going to use an example here of a situation i hate, and i would like advice from other people.

You have say Q 10 chip stack of 4890

Button min raises pre you call out of position. His stack is 5870. He appears to be reasonable tight ut ultra aggressive with a hand.

Slowish tournament 10 mins blinds. Currently sitting at 200/400

Flop comes

10 Q K

You bet with bottom two say 4 BB's which pending no other callers would be around 3/4 pot.

He shoves over the top.

What is the best play?
  • edited July 2010
    Edited the post to go into a little more detail mate. Im just throwing in a couple of example situations where calling/folding might be hard.
  • edited July 2010
    fold pre, as played snap it off, enough AX/QJ/KJ/TJ combos in his range that you're ahead of
  • edited July 2010

Cheers right, i dont like calling Q 10 OOP maybe if suited then could just about make the call although would have to hit big to commit to the hand

After that flop would be hard to get away from it but depends how much % of the time your opponent would have AJ which is likely, although if their shoving they could just have Top pair and top kicker here

I would call here although wouldn't be confident i think our hand is good 50% of the time, he would play AK as played doubt AJ and if he does then good luck to him

Actually would also play a set similar so may be leaning towards the fold here 

• edited July 2010
    not folding as in dons magic land hes put in half his stack already and we getting 3-1 on our money, villain never shoves with AJ here unless its a monotone/2 suited flop
  • edited July 2010
    You have say Q 10 chip stack of 4890

Button min raises pre you call out of position

Your words above : Why are you calling OOP with Q10, what flops will you like and how many will you check/fold ? Even though it's a min-raise that doesn't mean you have to call, if anything I prefer a reshove if he's been constantly minraising, however I personally wouldn't do it here and prefer open shoving with this hand.

On this flop ofcourse your getting it in but that was a 48-1 shot, what happens if you hit top pair make same bet and then he shoves, what do you do then, still call or fold leaving around 5 BB's behind ?