You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How Random

edited July 2010 in Area 51
Can someone tell me whether sky poker is random????  I can handle being  beaten, but it seems to me, it does not matter how you play, good or bad, sky will decide who is going to win, not the cards!!!!
 Today i have been screwed with pocket aces 4 times,twice i went all in, both these times i got screwed on the river, next i tried playing it slow....screwed on river with flush or by 2 pair.  Again today, I had two pair, twice, and beaten by two higher pair twice!!!   And i am not talking about being beat by good hands, i am talking about badddd hands....k7 off suit for example hitting the flush on the river, when i went all in with aces pre flop.
I dont min being beaten to a good hand, AK suited beat me...with flush on river when i went all in wit aces....that is acceptable.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    ak sooted beat your AA? doesnt sound acceptable to me
  • edited July 2010
    K7 off has better odds pre flop than AK suited vs AA.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: How Random:
    ak sooted beat your AA? doesnt sound acceptable to me
    Posted by lynx3ffect
    Believe me, the day i am having thats acceptable!!!  Thats another two pair of mine jut been shot by a higher two pair hit on the turn lol
  • edited July 2010
    K7 off has better odds pre flop than AK suited vs AA.
    Posted by Mohican
    But i can understand someone calling an all in bet with AK suited.....not with K7
  • edited July 2010
    Welcome to the loose loose world of online poker ;o) jokes aside though i know it does hurt when a donk calls like this but i will accept my AA vs K 7 any day of the week.Hope your luck changes for the better dav
  • edited July 2010
    Welcome to the loose loose world of online poker ;o) jokes aside though i know it does hurt when a donk calls like this but i will accept my AA vs K 7 any day of the week.Hope your luck changes for the better dav
    Posted by dav1964

Thanks, I have kinda calmed down now lol, took an hour out, read the forum, being mugged appears to be quite a common thing with some of the.....umm.....people.......playing online.
  • edited July 2010
    Why oh why would it not be random? Have you done something terrible to Sky like cancelling your TV package? If that's the case then I can understand why they would be picking on you!!!!!

......of course, they are not picking on you and it is random! You have just been unlucky, getting your chips in good and getting beat! What you have to think about is how often it has been the other way round and you have got lucky!

The tide will turn mate!

All the best at the tables!

Chris