You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Big day

edited July 2010 in Poker Chat
Hi guys,

a number of you may remember i asked for advice a few weeks ago about switching leagues. Well today is the day, i phoned up the new league on friday and told him im willing to switch.

So meeting today to get the basics sorted and hopfully get my first pub on the go. The first of many i plan, ive actually got a whole list of 30 pubs in the area i rekon i could take, although thats a 12 month plan.

Just wanted to share the news.

Don.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Well done m8. Hope you got the deal you wanted.
  • edited July 2010
    Go Don! Go Don! Go Don!
    Let me know how u get on :o)
  • edited July 2010
    Well done Don, hope it work out for you.
  • edited July 2010
    Good luck Don, I hope it all goes well for you.
  • edited July 2010

Which League Don, and what area of the country are you in ?
  • edited July 2010
    Hi guys,

i got it :D. Just got to return the favour now. :D

Also for Pomfritties. I do not wish to discuss this at the present time. Although ive looked at all the leagues avalible in my local area and im now with the biggest one. :D
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Big day:
    Hi guys, i got it :D. Just got to return the favour now. :D Also for Pomfritties. I do not wish to discuss this at the present time. Although ive looked at all the leagues avalible in my local area and im now with the biggest one. :D
    Posted by The_Don90
    why not?
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Big day : why not?
    Posted by BlackFish3
    One its classed as advertisement as a result i wont be allowed to use it on the forums, and do not wish to make it fully public. Not till im secure with a few venues under my belt anyways.
  • edited July 2010

Just trying to help Don. I worked for 2 of the biggest pub poker leagues in the UK for 2 years as a Sales Exec. and am sure i could give you some help in this regard. I have sent you PM if you want some info let me know. Good Luck.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Big day : One its classed as advertisement as a result i wont be allowed to use it on the forums, and do not wish to make it fully public. Not till im secure with a few venues under my belt anyways.
    Posted by The_Don90
    lol i doubt it matters if you say the name. Mod will correct you if they are that bothered any way. tell me on msn later then?
  • edited July 2010

The nuts poker league :)
  • edited July 2010
    The nuts poker league :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    hahahaha!
  • edited July 2010
    Cheers Dohhhhh lol. You grass lol.

Yea Dohhhh got it correct although i think the way i worded it correct, Thanks pomfrittes, ive been a TD for nearly a year now but this my first time needing to get the venues, im in the South of Scotland but i know a few landlords and people that know other ones so i shouldnt be too bad. First 10 going to be the hard part.
  • edited July 2010
    Best of Luck Don, if you ever get up as far as Dundee let me know and I can get another live game to play 
  • edited July 2010
    been wuth nuts for nearly 3yrs, great set up. maqde regionals9x outta 11 with a national chucked in for good measure. very friendly and steve is a nice guy. good luck with it all
  • edited July 2010
    Cheers Dohhhhh lol. You grass lol. Yea Dohhhh got it correct although i think the way i worded it correct, Thanks pomfrittes, ive been a TD for nearly a year now but this my first time needing to get the venues, im in the South of Scotland but i know a few landlords and people that know other ones so i shouldnt be too bad. First 10 going to be the hard part.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Hey Don, good luck in your quest. As a matter of interest, the guy who started that league (Steve) played at Swansea SPT at the weekend. He even remembered me from about 4 years ago winning the 1st one at my local and he said then I had 'potential'. Of course I am still looking for that, but I then helped a mate out running league games in his pub. I actually got to the regional final and ended up 17th/150. It got harder to keep the regular players when the gambling laws changed for public houses so we didn't last too long. I still organise the odd live game at my local and sometimes that turns into a nightmare when the ale intake goes up!

Best of luck anyway mate!
  • edited July 2010
    Thanks Ally. ive not delt with Steve myself im a sub-francisee, so almost bottom of the pile, only the TD's lower than me :). However i think if all goes well i could slowly climb up that ladder.

This is really why i didnt want to go too much into detail, although ive looked up at the set up compared to other leagues and its by far the strongest.

Jock i very much doupt ill ever cover that far up i imagine that will be covered with the further north guys. However im sure there will be a league already exsisting set up close to you. Check the website i dont know much about around there.
  • edited July 2010

Good luck to you Don but just be aware that YOU will be running illegal poker tournaments as by law you are not allowed to charge players tp play poker n public houses . And as far as i am aware the nuts charge players an average o f 3 quid to play. This is the reason he did not get a penny off the Dragons Den as they would not back a venture that so obviously flouts the gaming laws.
      This is not sour grapes on my part as i have no axe to grind with the Nuts but there are atleast 3 pubpoker leagues out thre that beat the nuts into the proverbial cocked hat. I know of nuts leagues in the North West that pay ot ZILCH at Regiona finals because there is no money left in the potafer all the people on the varous rungs of the ladder have had their cut and what happens then is that the players get peed off and stop plaing and the poker night folds.
       If you look at other leagues you will see that thay pay out roughly a grand at each Regional final and all bar 1 have no charge to play in those regionals. I played in one recently in Liverpol and they paid out 650 in total with the winner taking 300 and the cost to the players was ZERO.
      You can PMme if you want any furter info.

Bill
  • edited July 2010
      Good luck to you Don but just be aware that YOU will be running illegal poker tournaments as by law you are not allowed to charge players tp play poker n public houses . And as far as i am aware the nuts charge players an average o f 3 quid to play. This is the reason he did not get a penny off the Dragons Den as they would not back a venture that so obviously flouts the gaming laws.   This is not sour grapes on my part as i have no axe to grind with the Nuts but there are atleast 3 pubpoker leagues out thre that beat the nuts into the proverbial cocked hat. I know of nuts leagues in the North West that pay ot ZILCH at Regiona finals because there is no money left in the potafer all the people on the varous rungs of the ladder have had their cut and what happens then is that the players get peed off and stop plaing and the poker night folds.    If you look at other leagues you will see that thay pay out roughly a grand at each Regional final and all bar 1 have no charge to play in those regionals. I played in one recently in Liverpol and they paid out 650 in total with the winner taking 300 and the cost to the players was ZERO.   You can PMme if you want any furter info.                 Bill
    Posted by pomfrittes
    In the South of Scotland where i am we have the Nuts and JSV Poker.

Regional payout for Nuts Poker league Regional on Saturday - £2570 (not surte how this was broken down)

JSV as below

1st £250
    2nd £100
    3rd - 8th £20

Everyone else 0.

Nationals.

Nuts - £6840

JSV - N/A

On the subject of dragons den, he did get the money, but he never got the fee processed. It is considered as Illeagal by many, however there is a Grey area in the law that they use. Leagally im not 100% sure on anything as i was never that clever