You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

1pr + OESD facing heat, nl100

edited July 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Should I be going with this or is this just a bit wimpy.?  No reads.
s_half9 Small blind  £0.50 £0.50 £213.33
DrMarbles Big blind  £1.00 £1.50 £127.84
  Your hole cards

OMahonyO Raise  £3.00 £4.50 £113.15
MrSHussh Call  £3.00 £7.50 £32.48
s_half9 Fold     
DrMarbles Fold     
Flop

OMahonyO Bet  £5.63 £13.13 £107.52
MrSHussh Raise  £15.01 £28.14 £17.47
OMahonyO Fold     
MrSHussh Muck     
MrSHussh Win  £17.83  £35.30
MrSHussh Return  £9.38 £0.93 £44.68

Comments

• edited July 2010
    im going to give you the obvious answer, what hands do you think he has then whats your equity against that range?
  • edited July 2010
    infact thats an obvious question but you know what i mean lol
  • edited July 2010

Just call and find out whats goin on
  • edited July 2010
    either bet and stack off or check and stack off differently
  • edited July 2010
    there is no point calling, look at the guys stack! - if he calls he will be facing a shove on the turn almost 100% of the time. these type of hands you can't play down the streets against shortstacks. so its a simple fold imo.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: 1pr + OESD facing heat, nl100:
    Just call and find out whats goin on
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    if he likes to burn money then its  fine.

On this flop its drawy as hell, you are going to get floated a ton.  you cant play then hand proftiable by cbetting then calling a 2bet.

I think the best line here would be to c-raise and call a shove. Put the pressure on the villian rather then them putting it on you. cbeting this flop you are going to get raised alot and your OOP which sucks.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: 1pr + OESD facing heat, nl100 : if he likes to burn money then its  fine. On this flop its drawy as hell, you are going to get floated a ton.  you cant play then hand proftiable by cbetting then calling a 2bet. I think the best line here would be to c-raise and call a shove. Put the pressure on the villian rather then them putting it on you. cbeting this flop you are going to get raised alot and your OOP which sucks.
    Posted by harvey23

Obv this is what I ment, put all your money in !!

Call = same as all in, no difference ur never folding
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: 1pr + OESD facing heat, nl100 : if he likes to burn money then its  fine. On this flop its drawy as hell, you are going to get floated a ton.  you cant play then hand proftiable by cbetting then calling a 2bet. I think the best line here would be to c-raise and call a shove. Put the pressure on the villian rather then them putting it on you. cbeting this flop you are going to get raised alot and your OOP which sucks.
    Posted by harvey23
    i agree with Dohhhh but maybe id min raise and ask the question you cant go wrong imo, so to clarify min raise then snap fold to a shove..........
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: 1pr + OESD facing heat, nl100 : Obv this is what I ment, put all your money in !! Call = same as all in, no difference ur never folding
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    we do not have a made hand and chances are if we get it all in on the flop, we are behind. so the c-r is better because we may have some fold equity, were if we c-bet and shove ove his 2bet we have 0 FE given there stack size

In Response to Re: 1pr + OESD facing heat, nl100 : i agree with Dohhhh but maybe id min raise and ask the question you cant go wrong imo
    Posted by N1CK
    ask what question?
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: 1pr + OESD facing heat, nl100 : i agree with Dohhhh but maybe id min raise and ask the question you cant go wrong imo, so to clarify min raise then snap fold to a shove..........
    Posted by N1CK

Ommmmmmmmmmm !!!

HOW DARE YOU!!!!

Language like this is not tolerated on sky poker!!!!!

(lol)
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: 1pr + OESD facing heat, nl100 : we do not have a made hand and chances are if we get it all in on the flop, we are behind. so the c-r is better because we may have some fold equity, were if we c-bet and shove ove his 2bet we have 0 FE given there stack size In Response to Re: 1pr + OESD facing heat, nl100 : ask what question?
    Posted by harvey23
    have you got the minerals?
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: 1pr + OESD facing heat, nl100 : have you got the minerals?
    Posted by N1CK
    i should not even explain why that is terriable, since you are new to poker well I hope you are asking a question like that.

By "asking them" do you have it, you allow them to play pefectly against you, how you may ask, well because the times they do "have it" they shove, you call and are behind. The times they dont,t hey will fold and you won the minimum.

i dont know what sky would do if i didnt post on here.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: 1pr + OESD facing heat, nl100 : i should not even explain why that is terriable, since you are new to poker well I hope you are asking a question like that. By "asking them" do you have it, you allow them to play pefectly against you, how you may ask, well because the times they do "have it" they shove, you call and are behind. The times they dont,t hey will fold and you won the minimum. i dont know what sky would do if i didnt post on here.
    Posted by harvey23
    Just Imagine if you started playing too!!!

They'd have no clients left!!

;) Haha good value Harvey, wish u played more here tho, wud make it alot more interesting
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: 1pr + OESD facing heat, nl100 : i should not even explain why that is terriable, since you are new to poker well I hope you are asking a question like that. By "asking them" do you have it, you allow them to play pefectly against you, how you may ask, well because the times they do "have it" they shove, you call and are behind. The times they dont,t hey will fold and you won the minimum. i dont know what sky would do if i didnt post on here.
    Posted by harvey23
    you listen to me sunshine,
    i have been playing micro stakes unlimited texas holdem for the past 6 months and i have watched two episodes of poker after dark so i think its safe to assume that i know all there needs to be known about poker!!!!!!!!!
  • edited July 2010
    with no reads i b/c because he has 30bbs and we has pair + draw, villain wont be b/fing anything for value because of his stack size. we dont know anything about his bluffing frequency and on this type of board on sky where people generally arent that aggressive id expect it to get checked through the vast majority of the time, which sucks for us