You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Jock's Poker pearls of wisdom Part 1,2 and now the exciting part 3

edited July 2010 in Poker Chat
no 7 whats a sober scotsman ? lol

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Just a few small observations from a sober Scotsman in the wee small hours of the morning.......

No 1.
    It's amazing how little bad beats hurt you when you play within your Bank Roll

No 2.
    Any Player can Fold, Call or Raise with any two cards in any position.......  and he doesn't have to justify his play to anyone.  If you can't deal with this simple fact about the game of Poker, then take up tiddly winks 

No 3.
    Poker should ALWAYS be spelt with a Capital "P"

No 4.
    Omaha is Poker for "REAL" Men 

No 5.
    Watching self proclaimed "Good Players" getting beat by lesser mortals is good fun 

No 6.
    When your 5x the Big Blind Raise after the flop is followed by two re raises and an all in........  It's time to fold your pocket Aces 

More to follow 

And a few more......

No 7.
    Having the Nuts after the flop in Omaha means sod all

No 8.
    Poker is about having fun, if it ever stops being fun for you. STOP PLAYING

No 9.
    Luck is not a factor in Poker.........  unless I get beat 

No 10.
    Tikay Doesn't Sleep ALL THE TIME,  just most of it ( Except when he is in Vegas, where he doesn't appear to sleep at all )

No 11.
    Sky Poker is not fixed, despite the claims of some suspected "Poker players" who visit the site, play a few games and lose

No 12.
    The ability to successfully read a players cards is insignificant when set against the Power of "THE FORCE"

And then there were more 

No 13.
    Cash games Suck.  Tournaments Rock

No 14.
    All the members of the Sky Poker team in Vegas, Players, Presenters and Producers were a credit to themselves and Sky Poker

No 15.
    Having a favourite hand can be dangerous

No 16.
    Raising by multiples of the Big Blind is like, totally ancient dude, AK 3x the BB, went out with the Ark 

No 17.
    Poker and Beer do not mix 

No 18.
    Independent Chip Modelling is something made up by people who can't read other peoples cards 

See you on the tables ;o)
  • edited July 2010
    Excellent post Jock, just one question....Its 1.45 in the morning and your sober, aren't you feeling well?  lol
  • edited July 2010
    Jock ...... Sober ????

NURSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited July 2010
    Great post Jock, you should write a blog
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Jock's Poker pearls of wisdom:
    Great post Jock, you should write a blog
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN

Been there, done that.  Loved doing it and would really like to do it again 

• edited July 2010
    More little observations,  If anyone has anything to add please feel free.

Oh and the reason I was sober is perfectly simple,  I don't drink alcohol.  Scary thought -  a Scotsman who is able to remember what he has done the night before 
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Jock's Poker pearls of wisdom Part 2:
    More little observations,  If anyone has anything to add please feel free. Oh and the reason I was sober is perfectly simple,  I don't drink alcohol.  Scary thought -  a Scotsman who is able to remember what he has done the night before 
    Posted by JockBMW
    Careful, they will have you deported:)
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Jock's Poker pearls of wisdom Part 2:
    Just a few small observations from a sober Scotsman in the wee small hours of the morning....... No 1. It's amazing how little bad beats hurt you when you play within your Bank Roll No 2. Any Player can Fold, Call or Raise with any two cards in any position.......  and he doesn't have to justify his play to anyone.  If you can't deal with this simple fact about the game of Poker, then take up tiddly winks  No 3. Poker should ALWAYS be spelt with a Capital "P" No 4. Omaha is Poker for "REAL" Men  No 5. Watching self proclaimed "Good Players" getting beat by lesser mortals is good fun  No 6. When your 5x the Big Blind Raise after the flop is followed by two re raises and an all in........  It's time to fold your pocket Aces  More to follow  And a few more...... No 7. Having the Nuts after the flop in Omaha means sod all No 8. Poker is about having fun, if it ever stops being fun for you. STOP PLAYING No 9. Luck is not a factor in Poker.........  unless I get beat  No 10. Tikay Doesn't Sleep ALL THE TIME,  just most of it ( Except when he is in Vegas, where he doesn't appear to sleep at all ) No 11. Sky Poker is not fixed, despite the claims of some suspected "Poker players" who visit the site, play a few games and lose No 12. The ability to successfully read a players cards is insignificant when set against the Power of "THE FORCE" See you on the tables ;o)
    Posted by JockBMW
    Nice post Mr BMW, i have highlighted the ones that stood out to me the most!

• edited July 2010
    Another few little gems,  I have highlighted the new ones in Red, So you don't have to read through the old ones.  

This is obviously for those of you that can't Count...  or read in a linear fashion.....