You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cooler/Bad Beat

edited July 2010 in Poker Chat
Not much to say really flopped the 2nd Nuts with 4s full of Queens and got runner runnered to a better full house :( If he had a hand like AQ or pocket Ks or As then got there it wouldn't of been so bad but this just hurt lol
I know you want this call in the long term as I got it in good just need to share my misfortune :)
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
x Small blind   £0.04 £0.04 £3.80
BonnyBonz Big blind   £0.08 £0.12 £11.18
  Your hole cards

becky0020 Call   £0.08 £0.20 £9.08
prsprs Fold        
crhealy27 Call   £0.08 £0.28 £8.43
dawnrider Call   £0.08 £0.36 £6.16
x Call   £0.04 £0.40 £3.76
BonnyBonz Raise   £0.32 £0.72 £10.86
becky0020 Fold        
crhealy27 Call   £0.32 £1.04 £8.11
dawnrider Call   £0.32 £1.36 £5.84
milkking Call   £0.32 £1.68 £3.44
Flop

• Q
  • Q

x Check        
BonnyBonz Bet   £1.00 £2.68 £9.86
crhealy27 Raise   £3.04 £5.72 £5.07
dawnrider Fold        
x All-in   £3.44 £9.16 £0.00
BonnyBonz Fold        
crhealy27 Call   £0.40 £9.56 £4.67
x Show
  • Q

crhealy27 Show

Turn

• A

River

• A

x Win Full House, Queens and Aces £8.85   £8.85

Comments

• edited July 2010

go on then i'm curious, why would it be ok if he had AQ etc, is he more likely to hit an ace than a 3?
  • edited July 2010
    No would of been easy to accept hitting the ace on its own rather than getting runner runner for the full house. Plus was slightly confused that he called pre-flop raise with Q3.

I'm not saying that on the flop he played badly cause of course you call there 99.99% of the time unless he knows I have a house. Again i'm not complaining about his play- just needed to share my pain!
  • edited July 2010
    ergh i might just start playing live poker after seeing habnds like this online
  • edited July 2010
    as devilifish would say - thats f*****g disgusting
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Cooler/Bad Beat:
    go on then i'm curious, why would it be ok if he had AQ etc, is he more likely to hit an ace than a 3?
    Posted by SHANXTA
    It's not the odds of hitting the ace pr the three it's the fact that he's called 4xbb pre flop with that junk that makes you cry
  • edited July 2010

It's worth noting that ANY running pair as well as the case queen would have given the villain the better hand in this case. According to a free online calculator I just used the villain is going to win this hand a full 22.93% of the time from when the money went in on the flop. Maybe it doesn't seem as bad now.

JC

• edited July 2010
    It's worth noting that ANY running pair as well as the case queen would have given the villain the better hand in this case. According to a free online calculator I just used the villain is going to win this hand a full 22.93% of the time from when the money went in on the flop. Maybe it doesn't seem as bad now. JC
    Posted by JohnConnor
    I get that was I was around 77% to win it when the money went in but the fact that anything other than runner runner there and I win the pot- honestly I'm just glad it didn't come A then 3 on the river! Also i'd rather have the 77% over the 23%  100% of the time everytime!
  • edited July 2010
    It's worth noting that ANY running pair as well as the case queen would have given the villain the better hand in this case. According to a free online calculator I just used the villain is going to win this hand a full 22.93% of the time from when the money went in on the flop. Maybe it doesn't seem as bad now. JC
    Posted by JohnConnor
    Again it's not the post flop odds thats the sickner, it's the call with Q3. I know how it feels and yes before the point is made you do want people calling where your this far in front, just doesn't stop it making you want to throw your laptop out the window when yuor hit with runner runner for your stack though
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Cooler/Bad Beat : I get that was I was around 77% to win it when the money went in but the fact that anything other than runner runner there and I win the pot- honestly I'm just glad it didn't come A then 3 on the river! Also i'd rather have the 77% over the 23%  100% of the time everytime!
    Posted by crhealy27
    Its not runner runner, any q or 3 beats you.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Cooler/Bad Beat : Its not runner runner, any q or 3 beats you.
    Posted by Boonicon
    You have taken my comments from above out of context which is why you have felt the need to point ou the outs to me. But if you read it again I was replying to John Connor's point so I did see the other outs he had in this spot.
    But saying that I did get it in way good as a 77% fav to win the pot (not a lock by any means but certainly a good shot) but my point was that it just hurt to get hit runner runner. I never said he played it wrong because he didn't- regardless of his thoughts pre-flop he connected big and couldn't get away from it even against a better hand which is fine & to be honest I want that call all day long as thats when you'll make your money long term.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Cooler/Bad Beat : You have taken my comments from above out of context which is why you have felt the need to point ou the outs to me. But if you read it again I was replying to John Connor's point so I did see the other outs he had in this spot. But saying that I did get it in way good as a 77% fav to win the pot (not a lock by any means but certainly a good shot) but my point was that it just hurt to get hit runner runner. I never said he played it wrong because he didn't- regardless of his thoughts pre-flop he connected big and couldn't get away from it even against a better hand which is fine & to be honest I want that call all day long as thats when you'll make your money long term.
    Posted by crhealy27
    How exactly did Boonicon take the phrase "anything other than runner runner there and I win the pot" out of context???

Yes, you were unlucky.
    Yes, he made a loose call pre-flop.

However, he did not need to hit "runner runner".
  • edited July 2010
    Sorry I see your point but again my response was to a direct question so maybe it wasn't worded quite as well as it could of been so my bad on that but I did point out that he did have other outs but he did hit runner runner to beat me if that makes it clearer. In hindsight yes I should of said almost anything but runner runner & I win but that wasn't really the point of the post but thanks for everyones feed back.

Also if you see my response I did note that if for example (The one I used myself) it had come turn Ace River 3 he still would of beat me but yeah having re-read the lot now I can see that I did not phrase it correctly so sorry for any confusion on that!
  • edited July 2010
    No worries.
    Welcome to the forum.
  • edited July 2010

No worries. Welcome to the forum.
    Posted by MereNovice
    Thank you. I only posted this to help me see the lighter side of a bad situation & am in no way criticising anyones play or asking if I played this hand correctly or not but thanks to everyone for joining the discussion with me never the less :)
  • edited July 2010

As Mere said, welcome to the forum Healy. It's always good to see a new poster who realises he's just been unlucky rather than robbed by cheating software.

Best of luck with your future play, but just to be SUPER pedantic - you flopped the 3rd nuts, not 2nd. 8- />
  • edited July 2010
    As Mere said, welcome to the forum Healy. It's always good to see a new poster who realises he's just been unlucky rather than robbed by cheating software. Best of luck with your future play, but just to be SUPER pedantic - you flopped the 3rd nuts, not 2nd. 8- />
    Posted by JingleMa
    Thanks mate yeah I realised that last night when I was talking bout the hand with my mate and realised I missed out Q4 as the 2nd nut but thanks anyways :)