You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Do this player exist?

edited July 2010 in Poker Chat
I've noticed that some night's there is a player sat at about 5 or 6 high stake cash table's on their own, sometime's with about £5000 it total play. I have not seen this player playing any poker. when i looked in the league table, he was very low(even lower than me) down with only a couple of hundred points, I would expect a player playing such high stakes to be alot higher up in the table, is there perhaps another reason for this?

Comments

• edited July 2010
  • edited July 2010

Players can opt out of the league and its quite likely that this player has done just that.  Possibly part way through the month which is why they show some league points.

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Do this player exist?:
    small volume
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    Don't get it?
  • edited July 2010
    Players can opt out of the league and its quite likely that this player has done just that.  Possibly part way through the month which is why they show some league points.
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    Maybe, but i never see anyone else at his table.
  • edited July 2010
    he barely gets any hands in at those high stakes hence the low position in the league.

when playing for those stakes though the league bonus/position is of no consequence.
  • edited July 2010
    If you are on about weareontv, i have seen him play once.  During his game there was a railer chattin to him, saying he would play him again once he got paid, and that he bets weareontv loves it when he sits.
    Later that day, I saw that railer playing nl20, bizzarre.
  • edited July 2010
    If this is the guy I'm thinking about, then technically, he doesn't exist. 

He’s gaunt and spooky, and has a ghostly – almost translucent quality to his skin tone. He tends to hover around poker tables, and is rarely seen playing a hand at all, frequently clutching the cards feverishly to his malnourished chest. 

On nights of a full moon, you can often hear him whimpering about bridges and the chassis’ of fire engines. 

Sometimes, he can appear on your televisualbox as a ghostly apparition, screaming things like: “Oh my word! He's flopped the ‘Weld’ – He's flopped the lot!!!”. 

I've read the works of Edgar Allan Poe, and believe he is universally referred to as ‘Teacake1’ (or Teacake10 when he's multi-acounting... for the purposes of fraudulent misdirection, you understand). 

He has a well-known penchant for effeminate bags, and has been seen loitering around village ponds, looking for 'Hot Mallard Action’. He leaves a vague whiff of lavender in his wake, and doesn't do a very good Darth Vader impression... in fact, it's genuinely shocking. Having witnessed it first hand, frankly, there's barely a night that goes by, without me waking up screaming about it. Think Bruce Willis in Sixth Sense, and then multiply that by a factor of 100. Then double it and add your shoe size.

That's all I know. Best bet: Contact customer services.

P.S.: He's perfectly friendly, and when coaxed, will eat chips – or Werther’s Originals – right out of your hand. But if he nicks the skin and draws blood, then I'd still get a Tetanus if I were you...

• edited July 2010
    His head has been known to spin through 360 degrees ...

... attached to the rest of his body ...

... sitting on a swivelling stool.

He also has a mischievous apprentice and a coven of alluring, exotic, irresistible, overpowering, unforgettable, youthful assistants.

(Or have I got the wrong guy?).
  • edited July 2010
    It's Ed Giddins - Do I win???
  • edited July 2010
    It's Ed Giddins - Do I win???
    Posted by Cowgomoo

No, it's not Eduardo Giddens, although the whole ‘whiff of lavender' thing probably sent you off the trail... and I can see where you're coming from: Someone That Bowls From The Pavilion End And Has Good Cuticles’.

But no, it's not him.

It's not DP either, even though he has alluring initials.

You're getting warmer though.

• edited July 2010
    If this is the guy I'm thinking about, then technically, he doesn't exist.  He’s gaunt and spooky, and has a ghostly – almost translucent quality to his skin tone. He tends to hover around poker tables, and is rarely seen playing a hand at all, frequently clutching the cards feverishly to his malnourished chest.  On nights of a full moon, you can often hear him whimpering about bridges and the chassis’ of fire engines.  Sometimes, he can appear on your televisualbox as a ghostly apparition, screaming things like: “Oh my word! He's flopped the ‘Weld’ – He's flopped the lot!!!”.  I've read the works of Edgar Allan Poe, and believe he is universally referred to as ‘Teacake1’ (or Teacake10 when he's multi-acounting... for the purposes of fraudulent misdirection, you understand).  He has a well-known penchant for effeminate bags, and has been seen loitering around village ponds, looking for 'Hot Mallard Action’. He leaves a vague whiff of lavender in his wake, and doesn't do a very good Darth Vader impression... in fact, it's genuinely shocking. Having witnessed it first hand, frankly, there's barely a night that goes by, without me waking up screaming about it. Think Bruce Willis in Sixth Sense , and then multiply that by a factor of 100. Then double it and add your shoe size. That's all I know. Best bet: Contact customer services. P.S.: He's perfectly friendly, and when coaxed, will eat chips – or Werther’s Originals – right out of your hand. But if he nicks the skin and draws blood, then I'd still get a Tetanus if I were you...
    Posted by FlutNush
    blooming hilarious
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Do this player exist? : No, it's not Eduardo Giddens, although the whole ‘whiff of lavender' thing probably sent you off the trail... and I can see where you're coming from: Someone That Bowls From The Pavilion End And Has Good Cuticles’. But no, it's not him. It's not DP either, even though he has alluring initials. You're getting warmer though.
    Posted by FlutNush
    Is it Lisa-Sarah Scott of Feltham??
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Do this player exist? : Is it Lisa-Sarah Scott of Feltham??
    Posted by MAXALLY
    OK, look, I've said too much already. Just back off guys. My life is in danger as it is.

• edited July 2010
    the league isnt a measure of skill or how much money you make, just how many hands you play. If hes sitting around waiting for people to play him all the time then he doesnt play many hands, so hes not high up in the elague table, simple.