You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Flopped set, easy fold by the river?

edited July 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Reads?  well its scotty aint it, he could have anything lol
OMahonyO Small blind £0.25 £0.25 £96.66
maui73 Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £20.46
  Your hole cards

hemaha Fold     
heath12 Fold     
scotty77 Raise  £1.50 £2.25 £95.99
OMahonyO Call  £1.25 £3.50 £95.41
maui73 Call  £1.00 £4.50 £19.46
Flop

OMahonyO Bet  £2.50 £7.00 £92.91
maui73 Fold     
scotty77 Call  £2.50 £9.50 £93.49
Turn

• J

OMahonyO Check     
scotty77 Check     
River

OMahonyO Bet  £4.75 £14.25 £88.16
scotty77 Raise  £15.00 £29.25 £78.49
OMahonyO Fold     
scotty77 Muck     
scotty77 Win  £18.05  £96.54
scotty77 Return  £10.25 £0.95 £106.79

Comments

• edited July 2010
    why turn check?
  • edited July 2010

you know scotty raises light in position so this is a good spot for ya to 3bet from the sb, but calling to set mine is fine too. why do you donk bet the flop? and why do you check the turn??

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Flopped set, easy fold by the river?:
    why turn check?
    Posted by offshoot

This hand was played a while ago, so its not that fresh in my mind.  The truth is I dont know why I checked the turn.  Maybe to checkraise but I see now thats pretty dumb
  • edited July 2010
    lets be honest this hand is bad on all streets post flop. 
  • edited July 2010
    bet more flop, bet turn
  • edited July 2010
    lets be honest this hand is bad on all streets post flop. 
    Posted by beaneh

Lol, yeah, I can accept that. It is pretty awful looking back.

Beaneh, Im thinking of playing SPT final at dtd, you wanna stake me?
  • edited July 2010
    thoughtout all your hands you post your bet sizing is too small, bet biger on flop and defo bet turn.

river sucks and is most likely a c-c depending on there bet sizing
  • edited July 2010
    you know scotty raises light in position so this is a good spot for ya to 3bet from the sb, but calling to set mine is fine too. why do you donk bet the flop? and why do you check the turn??
    Posted by Eagle26
    if you think the button is raising light calling to set mine isnt great here, what you have to ask is if hes raisng light whats the chances of A, flopping a set, B him flopping a big hand then C getting all his chips, 3 bet is much better here
  • edited July 2010
    Posted by Eagle26
    calling with 55 is fine here.  raising is not the main value in 55 is when you hit a set, so get it multiway and bink = profit.

when Omah donked I immediatly put him on a massive hand.  from memory i had a pretty good hand for that flop and woulda def c-bet. 

ill try and dig out the HH.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Flopped set, easy fold by the river? : if you think the button is raising light calling to set mine isnt great here, what you have to ask is if hes raisng light whats the chances of A, flopping a set, B him flopping a big hand then C getting all his chips, 3 bet is much better here
    Posted by N1CK
    we are 200bb deep
  • edited July 2010
    ive played so many hands the past few days Omah....can you help me out by giving me an approx time/table name that this hand took place on?  cheers.

• edited July 2010

dont get me wrong, im 3 betting 99% of the time here against a constant button raiser, but my point is set mining is fine too if your not comfortable playing a marginal hand strongly out of position against a very good dangerous player. it also depends how he had been playing down the streets-if he is raising light and hammering ppl down the streets then a call is fine pre--flop your set and take him to the cleaners. i wasnt at the table so have no idea how much scotty had been raising (he dont play aggro all the time) it all depends on whats been going on previous, and how comfortable you are playing a small pocket pair out of position aggressively.

• edited July 2010
    ive played so many hands the past few days Omah....can you help me out by giving me an approx time/table name that this hand took place on?  cheers.
    Posted by scotty77

Hand History #274671294 (02:05 25/07/2010)

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Flopped set, easy fold by the river? : calling with 55 is fine here.  raising is not the main value in 55 is when you hit a set, so get it multiway and bink = profit. when Omah donked I immediatly put him on a massive hand.  from memory i had a pretty good hand for that flop and woulda def c-bet.  ill try and dig out the HH.
    Posted by scotty77
    hence my original question to mahony why did you donk bet the flop? check turn?.... he dont respond to my questions because he thinks im a rubbish player lol (he probably right)
  • edited July 2010
    well actually i had a pair! fwiw i was gonna bluff if a 6/7/c came on the turn/river...just so happened i binked the runner runner anyway.

Hand History #274671294 (02:04 25/07/2010)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    OMahonyO Small blind
    £0.25 £0.25 £96.66
    maui73 Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £20.46
      Your hole cards
    • Q

hemaha Fold        
    heath12 Fold        
    scotty77 Raise   £1.50 £2.25 £95.99
    OMahonyO Call   £1.25 £3.50 £95.41
    maui73 Call   £1.00 £4.50 £19.46
    Flop

OMahonyO Bet   £2.50 £7.00 £92.91
    maui73 Fold        
    scotty77 Call   £2.50 £9.50 £93.49
    Turn

• J

OMahonyO Check        
    scotty77 Check        
    River

OMahonyO Bet   £4.75 £14.25 £88.16
    scotty77 Raise   £15.00 £29.25 £78.49
    OMahonyO Fold        
    scotty77 Muck        
    scotty77 Win   £18.05   £96.54
    scotty77 Return   £10.25 £0.95 £106.79
  • edited July 2010
    also regarding how you played it i think that your river bet is pretty horrible.  like harvey a check/call is best in this spot.  i will be bluffing here a lot with missed clubs/66/A9 etc.

• edited July 2010

if you arent going to c/r atleast donk bet properly, bet turn ldo, id bet river only if you are capable of having busted flush draws in ur range otherwise id c/f.   c/cing this river is pretty terrible imo

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Flopped set, easy fold by the river? : hence my original question to mahony why did you donk bet the flop? check turn?.... he dont respond to my questions because he thinks im a rubbish player lol (he probably right)
    Posted by Eagle26
    haha eagle, dont be like that.  Im between limits at the mo.  Going between nl20/30/50, with the occasional nl100, just recently.  I think, the donkbet is maybe an nl20/30 thing, as in there is more chance of it being raised.  Like scotty said, he put me on something big when I did that.  Most nl20 players would not.  All part of the learning curve I guess
  • edited July 2010
    so then start doing it with complete air on scary boards like this and watch the money roll in
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Flopped set, easy fold by the river? : Lol, yeah, I can accept that. It is pretty awful looking back. Beaneh, Im thinking of playing SPT final at dtd, you wanna stake me?
    Posted by OMahonyO

errrrr no.