You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PLO river decision...

edited July 2010 in The Poker Clinic
First hand at a new table... No idea how the big stack got their chips... No reads...

Ok my preflop call is poor, my turn call is probably poor too, but what do you do on the river?

There may be one or two more hands after this one from same table too once i have a few comments on this one... Thanks.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancekittykate Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £6.64 VillainBig blind  £0.20 £0.30 £82.55 GREGHOGG Big blind  £0.20 £0.50 £19.80   Your hole cards 5 2 2 Q       GREGHOGG Check     paulwhit Call  £0.20 £0.70 £7.93 kittykate Call  £0.10 £0.80 £6.54 Villain Raise  £0.40 £1.20 £82.15 GREGHOGG Call  £0.40 £1.60 £19.40 paulwhit Call  £0.40 £2.00 £7.53 kittykate Call  £0.40 £2.40 £6.14 Flop    2 6 J       kittykate Check     Villain Bet  £0.60 £3.00 £81.55 GREGHOGG Call  £0.60 £3.60 £18.80 paulwhit Call  £0.60 £4.20 £6.93 kittykate Fold     Turn    K       Villain Bet  £4.20 £8.40 £77.35 GREGHOGG Call  £4.20 £12.60 £14.60 paulwhit Fold     River    7       Villain Bet  £12.60 £25.20 £64.75

Comments

• edited July 2010
    looks like a fold to me.

• edited July 2010
    surely they must at least have a better set?

would fold here, especially as newish table no reads as such, could be a bluff but your behind so many hands here
  • edited July 2010
    Is there any positives in raising the flop a lot stronger Greg?  

For me, its a fold by the river.
  • edited July 2010
    fold pre I dont even play lolmaha but I know that is a fold pre.
  • edited July 2010
     Strange hand and strange betting.

Preflop min raise means nothing so we will ignore that, and yes it was a loose call by you.

Flop bet of quarter of the pot says that the villain has absolutely nothing, a set here would be bet stronger to protect it and there are no real draws on the board.

The turn bet is much more significant being pot size so it enables us to narrow down the range to QT , KJ,KK or total air.You needed to make the decision on this street as to what he had or you could be calling to hit a 1 outer.

The bet on the river after a total blank says exactly the same as the turn bet so now you need to decide whether or not he had KK. If you put him on KK then you should have folded the turn. If you do not put him on KK then you must assume you are still ahead if he has not rivered a sick 2 outer.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: PLO river decision...:
     Strange hand and strange betting.   Preflop min raise means nothing so we will ignore that, and yes it was a loose call by you.   Flop bet of quarter of the pot says that the villain has absolutely nothing, a set here would be bet stronger to protect it and there are no real draws on the board.  The turn bet is much more significant being pot size so it enables us to narrow down the range to QT , KJ,KK or total air.You needed to make the decision on this street as to what he had or you could be calling to hit a 1 outer.  The bet on the river after a total blank says exactly the same as the turn bet so now you need to decide whether or not he had KK. If you put him on KK then you should have folded the turn. If you do not put him on KK then you must assume you are still ahead if he has not rivered a sick 2 outer.
    Posted by Talon
    Thank you Talon,

I knew the turn call was the issue, but  i also had the 2nd nut flush draw, to go with the set which i thought could be ahead. 

KK, did worry me, but as i have no history/reads of the villian i would be guessing here. I thought if i flatted the turn that my opponant may respect this and slow down on the river if they were bluffing...

Would it be better for me to reship on the turn as i had the f/d to go with my set? Or is this my holdem brain working...

I did fold btw, and my opponant swore that they had only one pair... AA... I don't know whether to believe this or not, as they didnt show, but, i have learnt a lesson on this hand...

Hand 2 to follow later...

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: PLO river decision...:
    Is there any positives in raising the flop a lot stronger Greg?   For me, its a fold by the river.
    Posted by phil12uk
    Yes, in hindsight, i wish i had raised the flop.. this would have given me more control in the hand...
  • edited July 2010
    What I should do and what I would do are two different things.
  • edited July 2010