You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Poker mags & analysis software

edited July 2010 in Poker Chat
Hello All,
Be gentle with me as this is my first time on the forum.
Can anyone recommend a good weekly/monthly poker mag and analysis software that is compatible with Sky poker?
Thx in anticipation.
Dandax

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Welcome to the forum.
    There is no analysis software that is compatible with Sky Poker currently unless someone has written their own bespoke software.
  • edited July 2010

hi dandax,

publication?  "random number generator secret codes"
    software?  microsoft bingo

welcome to the forum,
  • edited July 2010
    hey i like poker player, which is out monthly

generally for a good read dont pick up much but there is some good advice in there, i recommend buying it once and see what you think

as for software nothing is out there at mo

welcome to the forum gl
  • edited July 2010
    Welcome on board, Dandax.

Analysis software has been covered already, but I should be able to help you re: magazines.

Basically it depends on what  you're after. The main three out there are Bluff Europe, WPT Poker and Poker Player. If you want interviews, glossy pictures and a pretty tongue-in-cheek approach to the editorial side of things, go with Bluff Europe. WPT Poker is very good when coming to covering the big events (especailly the World Poker Tour, obviously!) and has had a nice run of interviews with Brits; Roland De Wolfe and Liv Boeree coming to mind. As for Poker Player, I think it's the strongest for strategy out of the three and they do news bites rather than anything too full-on.

In conclusion, each has its own merits and it comes down to what you want to get from the subscription :)

Dave
  • edited July 2010
    there is always the sky pokerzine, a definite must read lol
  • edited July 2010

I bought Nuts thinking it was a poker mag.

It isn't, though it does have a few nice titbits.

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Poker mags & analysis software:
    I bought Nuts thinking it was a poker mag. It isn't, though it does have a few nice titbits.
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    Root_kunal, Like this
  • edited July 2010
    read stuff for free on the web, poker mags are no help for learning or really for much more than a 5 minute flick through and then put it down to never be read again.
  • edited July 2010
    rather spend the subscription on playing a game instead :) ive got a copy of poker for dummys i won on here but use it mainly for making roll ups on ;)