You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

THE 100K CHALLENGE...

edited July 2010 in Area 51

Ok,

I will issue a challenge,think of it as the poor mans DURRRRRRRR challenge,as i would like to spark some interest.......

I will play 100 Heads UP Sit and Goes at 1 pound (NLHE or PLO)against someone,and the person who wins the majority will win 100 pounds from the loser......

anyone who wants to play leave a note here....

regards
toby

and yes ok 100k challenge was a little misleading...:)

but hey its not like SKY news dont do a little eh...

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Please form an orderly queue
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: THE 100K CHALLENGE...:
    Please form an orderly queue
    Posted by elsadog
    is that a taker?
  • edited July 2010
    If I could afford it I would. My mum doesn't let me spend that much though.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: THE 100K CHALLENGE... : is that a taker?
    Posted by djblacke04
    I don't think I could give you the time DJ. I'm happy to do 5 x £20 though. Think of it as a turbo version.
  • edited July 2010

Talk the talk and walk the walk boys.......

• edited July 2010
    Talk the talk and walk the walk boys.......
    Posted by djblacke04
    Shall I set up the table then?
  • edited July 2010
    100 1 pound sngs......

yes
  • edited July 2010
    am waiting for you to open one in sngs
  • edited July 2010
    LOL I can't afford 100 £1 HU's but I will play 5 x £20.

It's a time thing ....... while I'm playing 100 HU's with you I won't be doing much else. I'm sure someone will take you up on it at £1 but my offer stands as above.
  • edited July 2010
    LOL I can't afford 100 £1 HU's but I will play 5 x £20. It's a time thing ....... while I'm playing 100 HU's with you I won't be doing much else. I'm sure someone will take you up on it at £1 but my offer stands as above.
    Posted by elsadog
    5 is a waste of time......need a bigger sample size...........and you could easily play 100 sngs in a day...
  • edited July 2010

Right no takers then today.....

SKY if somehow u could sort out the taking of the prop bet it would be appreciated....

am off to bed...will check again tomorrow...

• edited July 2010
    Sample size ..... what is this an experiment?

You're a decent player DJ, I know that if others don't. You also know me, but you don't know who I am ...... if you get my meaning. You have good stats and write a half decent blog most of the time. 100 $1 HU's just isn't my scene but I'm sure you will get one of the lower stake players to take you on for a £ a time. GL in your quest.

And stop being so touchy :o)
  • edited July 2010

love u2 x:)

that make u happy...

• edited July 2010
    love u2 x:) that make u happy...
    Posted by djblacke04
    I'll sleep tonight now I know that.
  • edited July 2010
    Hi everyone,

A few posts have been removed from this thread.

This is an adult site and all members/customers/ posters have to be over 18 to contribute. Please let's remember that fact and if you have a slight disagreement with someone, hold your breath, count to 10, find a new thread etc etc

Sometimes replying/retaliating will only antagonise things further and the best course of action is definitely, to ignore.

Thanks for being understanding on this one.

Sky Mod

• edited July 2010
    Wow i thought it was gonna be trying to win £100k in a year or something.If this was the case i was defo gonna vote for ELSADOG cos winnin main events is simples innit mate ;o)
  • edited July 2010
    Hi everyone, A few posts have been removed from this thread. This is an adult site and all members/customers/ posters have to be over 18 to contribute. Please let's remember that fact and if you have a slight disagreement with someone, hold your breath, count to 10, find a new thread etc etc Sometimes replying/retaliating will only antagonise things further and the best course of action is definitely, to ignore. Thanks for being understanding on this one. Sky Mod
    Posted by Sky_mod1
    Wasnt aware of any disaggreements?

just wanted to challenge anyone to 100 sng s for 100 quid...thought it was quite a reasonable request....must have missed the contraversy........maybe mr sky mod.....you could set it up 4 me......i would like to play 100 turbo sngs,nlhe or plo....against any takers .......for a prop bet....i figure that 100 games will eliminate any luck or variance,and at only 1 pound a game will be easy to afford for all...of course all money won in games ,will be a bonus,and sky gets the rake.....

is a challenge from me to any sky player...

regards
    toby

• edited July 2010
    Yes I'm in. Although I'll only do it if we both give the £100 to a high stakes reg on sky first to ensure either side will pay up. And also strict guidlines as to how many games per day or when it will be completed by.
    Posted by Strat91
    marvelous thank you Strat91 ,

i am up for any solution to the holding of money......

it would be quite nice if they could (sky) hold the 100 quid stake whilst we play our games...

i am easy on how we play the games,but i would like to play as quick as possible...

i will leave it up to you how many we play at a time and whether its omaha or NLHE...

i am not up for more thn 4 at a time as i cant see them on the screen....(and mini view i dont get on with..)

perhaps we could ask someone at sky to hold the cash and oversee our little tournement...

regards
    toby
  • edited July 2010

OI   who keeps deleting the posts?

am i not allowed..

?????
  • edited July 2010
    Good Luck to you both in your game.
  • edited July 2010

Bit of censorship goin on for some reason..

i thought we are all adults over 18.....

and could be allowed to do what we wanted,but it seems not.....

Hmmmm......interesting...
  • edited July 2010
    OI   who keeps deleting the posts? am i not allowed.. ?????
    Posted by djblacke04
    If you check the previous posts there is a message from Sky Mod 1 explaining their action.

If you check here it shows the Forum posting rules
  • edited July 2010

We want you to enjoy your Sky Poker community and use it as a place for open, friendly conversation. We also hope that every player sees this as a place to learn about poker, perhaps teach some others too and generally have a great, fun Sky Poker experience. To help make this possible we would ask that everyone follows the following simple rules.

You must not post comments that:

•    Make unfounded or unproved allegations (especially of wrongdoing) against a person, organisation or group.
    •    Contain swear words or language which may offend. This may include swear words with asterisks replacing some letters.
    •    Break the law, or encourage/support breaking the law.
    •    Advertise goods or services including other betting and gaming sites and affiliate websites.
    •    Include URLs of third party websites which may contain offensive or illegal material

•    Include links/ URLs of other communities/ forums

•    Are racist, sexist, homophobic, abusive or otherwise objectionable.
    •    Include personal details (yours or someone else's, such as phone numbers and addresses).
    •    Are made to appear as if they have been posted by someone else (impersonation).
    •    Are repeated more than once (spam).
    •    Deviate wildly from the topic of the thread or blog. 
    •    Are in a language other than English.

Any threads, postings or remarks which could cause offence to other players for whatever reasons will not be tolerated within the Sky Poker Community, and all such posts will be removed. 

Please note that each user is solely responsible for the accuracy and authenticity of content that they post. We accept no liability for false, misleading, inaccurate, infringing or other actionable material.

As the community owners we reserve the right to monitor and remove any content that breaks the rules set above, or is deemed inappropriate for any reason.

Any user that repeatedly breaks these rules may be permanently excluded from participating within the community.

and which one of these rules have they broken asking for a game of HU then?

• edited July 2010
    We want you to enjoy your Sky Poker community and use it as a place for open, friendly conversation. We also hope that every player sees this as a place to learn about poker, perhaps teach some others too and generally have a great, fun Sky Poker experience. To help make this possible we would ask that everyone follows the following simple rules. You must not post comments that: •    Make unfounded or unproved allegations (especially of wrongdoing) against a person, organisation or group. •    Contain swear words or language which may offend. This may include swear words with asterisks replacing some letters. •    Break the law, or encourage/support breaking the law. •    Advertise goods or services including other betting and gaming sites and affiliate websites. •    Include URLs of third party websites which may contain offensive or illegal material •    Include links/ URLs of other communities/ forums •    Are racist, sexist, homophobic, abusive or otherwise objectionable. •    Include personal details (yours or someone else's, such as phone numbers and addresses). •    Are made to appear as if they have been posted by someone else (impersonation). •    Are repeated more than once (spam). •    Deviate wildly from the topic of the thread or blog.  •    Are in a language other than English. Any threads, postings or remarks which could cause offence to other players for whatever reasons will not be tolerated within the Sky Poker Community, and all such posts will be removed.  Please note that each user is solely responsible for the accuracy and authenticity of content that they post. We accept no liability for false, misleading, inaccurate, infringing or other actionable material. As the community owners we reserve the right to monitor and remove any content that breaks the rules set above, or is deemed inappropriate for any reason. Any user that repeatedly breaks these rules may be permanently excluded from participating within the community. and which one of these rules have they broken asking for a game of HU then?
    Posted by djblacke04
    Don't worry you have broken no rules in this thread. My actions were in regard to other posts in this thread, Apologies if that wasn't made clear enough.

Thanks,

Sky mod.
  • edited July 2010
    i would like to play 100 turbo sngs,nlhe or plo....against any takers .......for a prop bet....i figure that 100 games will eliminate any luck or variance  

i lold
  • edited July 2010
    Wow i thought it was gonna be trying to win £100k in a year or something.If this was the case i was defo gonna vote for ELSADOG cos winnin main events is simples innit mate ;o)
    Posted by dav1964

I wish m8, I wish.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: THE 100K CHALLENGE... : Don't worry you have broken no rules in this thread. My actions were in regard to other posts in this thread, Apologies if that wasn't made clear enough. Thanks, Sky mod.
    Posted by Sky_mod1
    Does that mean you can sort it out for me and strat91 to have match then?

• edited July 2010
    Why dont you just paypal or some other form of transfer, not down to sky just the fact your playing 100 games with each other and both posted on here you should trust each other enough

This would be a good rail :) go strat, no offense to you dj
  • edited July 2010
    Why not play the games on the free tables. You can both deposit £100 into my Cayman Isles account. Your money is safe with me.
  • edited July 2010
    Why not play the games on the free tables. You can both deposit £100 into my Cayman Isles account. Your money is safe with me.
    Posted by elsadog
    the free tables are rigged!