You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OPAL FRUITS

edited August 2010 in The Shed
while filling up with diesel yesterday i bought a tube of opal fruits (starburst to the younger ones amongst us) as everyone knows the best ones are the blackcurrant & strawberry flavour. out of the whole tube there was not a single purple or red one just the greens yellows & oranges, surely this aint right if they are picked by an RSP (random sweet picker). im not saying its fixed against me but the evidence was there,im now gonna move to another sweet (fruit pastels) to see if i have better luck with their RSP.

Comments

• edited July 2010
     Their is a belief that most of the people Whose fav opal fruit was the green one grew up to be over weight because most of the other kids gave them their green ones! Dont know if this is true but it is just something I heard somewere. :)
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to OPAL FRUITS:
    while filling up with diesel yesterday i bought a tube of opal fruits (starburst to the younger ones amongst us) as everyone knows the best ones are the blackcurrant & strawberry flavour. out of the whole tube there was not a single purple or red one just the greens yellows & oranges, surely this aint right if they are picked by an RSP (random sweet picker). im not saying its fixed against me but the evidence was there,im now gonna move to another sweet (fruit pastels) to see if i have better luck with their RSP.
    Posted by lucy4
    LOL, exactly the same thing happened to me with Wine Gums recently. They were all either Red or Black which came as a pleasant surprise.

I did feel like a bit of a tool though when I noticed that the pack said "Maynards Reds & Blacks".

In a standard pack of Wine Gums, here is a picture of what I would consider to be a "poor roll"

Discuss.........
  • edited July 2010
    There in TUBES whats going on , how about some other old favs

M+B bars , TEXAN bar (my fav ) , Argentina penny chews
    and was it ? strikers the green & white hooped kinda spearmint opal"s ?
    I liked them for the some reasons cant think why might be a glasgow thing . LOL
  • edited July 2010
    And what happend to the rum and Raisin chocolate bar and the Icebreaker (a chocolate bar with crispy mint pieces). I also remember a Ovaltine chocolate bar that tasted more like Horlicks which was rather nice. Haaaaaaaaa memories! :)
  • edited July 2010
    Texan Bars. WHAT A SHOUT JINKY.

• edited July 2010
    Posted by lucy4
    don't move to smarties - not seen a blue one in a while. It's a conspiracy I tell you!
  • edited July 2010
    "there was not a single purple or red one just the greens yellows & oranges"

Good grief, more bad beat stories!

Look, there is NO problem with the RSP! It would've been an almost perfect tube for me! Not that fond of the yellows but greens and oranges....Ummmmmmm....my favourites!

It's just the luck of the draw. Stick with it mate and I'm sure one day you'll flop a tube of just reds and purples and suck out to your heart's desire!

Good luck at the sweet counter!

Chris ;)
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: OPAL FRUITS:
    Texan Bars. WHAT A SHOUT JINKY.
    Posted by emilyegg
    +1  I used to exchange Texan bars & chewits on the way home from school for 'other things' of the girly type people :)))))
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: OPAL FRUITS : +1  I used to exchange Texan bars & chewits on the way home from school for 'other things' of the girly type people :)))))
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Was one called Kelly?.... if i gave her my wham bar she would let me play with her tangerine
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: OPAL FRUITS : Was one called Kelly?.... if i gave her my wham bar she would let me play with her tangerine
    Posted by HuFlungPu
    WOW....you used to know 'smelly kelly with the big belly who would do anything for a jelly' aswell then???
  • edited July 2010
    whilst we're on the subject, does anybody remember Nutty bar, i loved them but no-one i know has heard of them. Starting to think it was a drug induced munchies hallucination from my younger days.
  • edited July 2010
    There in TUBES whats going on , how about some other old favs   M+B bars , TEXAN bar (my fav ) , Argentina penny chews and was it ? strikers the green & white hooped kinda spearmint opal"s ? I liked them for the some reasons cant think why might be a glasgow thing . LOL
    Posted by -JINKY-
    if they were the ones i think they were a green and white hoops minty thing.
    they were called pacers down here
  • edited July 2010
    There in TUBES whats going on , how about some other old favs   M+B bars , TEXAN bar (my fav ) , Argentina penny chews and was it ? strikers the green & white hooped kinda spearmint opal"s ? I liked them for the some reasons cant think why might be a glasgow thing . LOL
    Posted by -JINKY-
    they were known as pacers down here.

• edited July 2010
    lol great minds lucy
  • edited July 2010
    LOL. Great Thread.
  • edited July 2010
    The opal fruit RNG is rigged. feykin hell!
  • edited July 2010
    shouldn't this be changed from a 'bad beat story' to a 'bad sweet story'?
  • edited July 2010
    LOL @ bad sweets.

Parma Violets.....if anyone spotted you with a packet of them.....you were a PROPER screaming blue hair-dryer.

"But they were in my mixture" was NEVER a valid excuse.
  • edited July 2010
    shouldn't this be changed from a 'bad beat story' to a 'bad sweet story'?
    Posted by lozgo

HIGH FIVE
  • edited July 2010
    An old favourite...

• edited July 2010
    PACERS  I  THINK THATS IT M8 WELL INIn Response to Re: OPAL FRUITS:
    In Response to Re: OPAL FRUITS : if they were the ones i think they were a green and white hoops minty thing. they were called pacers down here
    Posted by BADBOY985
  • edited July 2010
    AND DONT START ME ON COFFEE REVELS .
  • edited July 2010

Ate tonnes of these in the late 80s:

• edited July 2010
    whilst we're on the subject, does anybody remember Nutty bar, i loved them but no-one i know has heard of them. Starting to think it was a drug induced munchies hallucination from my younger days.
    Posted by labrat64
    Are they the ones that were chewy inside & completely covered
    in peanuts on the outside ????,if so i loved them more than
    Samantha Fox & that is BIG respect for the time.
  • edited July 2010
    FOR ME IT HAD TO BE

THEY HAD THAT REALLY COOL ADVERT WITH THE CLINT EASTWOOD STYLE COWBOY 
  • edited July 2010
    Posted by lucy4
    Love it! lol x
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: OPAL FRUITS : Are they the ones that were chewy inside & completely covered in peanuts on the outside ????,if so i loved them more than Samantha Fox & that is BIG respect for the time.
    Posted by STEVEMAX
    That the one steve, completely covered in peanut.

Another one that disappeared was called Cabanna Bar, just a coconut heaven chewy thing that could rot teeth from ten yards
  • edited July 2010

Meant to be added to milk, but 9/10 tipped down my throat before i could get home
  • edited July 2010

"OPAFRUITS"

Made to make my bowls

block up !!!..

• edited July 2010
    Your bowls?! I just eat them straight from the pack - no need to serve them up ;-)