You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Who put the lights outage

ACAACA
edited July 2010 in Poker Chat
Hi all

I was playing in the Scheduled 11pm £150 GTD BH (capped at 30 players) last night, having managed to get to the final table and after an epic HU battle (15 mins for a BH HU is epic), the game was stopped for the 1am maint outage with the stacks at 33K v 26K in favour of my opponent, this being the case he was awarded 1st prize, the glittering trophy and associated fame and fortune and I was left shocked and stunned and £23 lighter. Indeed had the game stopped at virtually any other point in the HU I would of had the largest stack, took the prize money but would still have felt an unworthy champion (although slightly richer)

I was totally unaware that a Scheduled tourny that was capped would not be allowed to finish, if the 1am outage is automated I would have thought that the tourny would have been frozen tbc or at the very least the prizemoney split 2 ways, as it was a BH there was also an unclaimed head worth £12 - £15.

Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on the above

Always a pleasure
ACA

Comments

• edited July 2010
    ugh 100% behind ya fella - not on !

For the decision to be given to him/her with such a marginal advantage....

the remaining bounties shud be combined and splt down the middle, and dont they normally pay out on the %age of chips u have?
  • edited July 2010
    I wasnt all that pleased last night, i knew the site was going to sleep at 1 so i was going to stand from my tables at 12;50.
    Just after 12.30 a big black box popped up telling me the site was going off at 1 (very helpful info). this black box had a close tab on the bottom but it didnt work so the stupid black box was stuck on every table and i couldnt do anything.

J5 Small blind  £0.50 £0.50 £155.85 jimmynoleg Big blind  £1.00 £1.50 £138.46   Your hole cards K K       mikeyoneye Fold     STANTH Call  £1.00 £2.50 £87.50 EVILEDNA Fold     freechips1 Raise  £4.00 £6.50 £106.86 J5 Call  £3.50 £10.00 £152.35 jimmynoleg Fold     STANTH Call  £3.00 £13.00 £84.50 Flop    7 5 J       J5 Check     STANTH Check     freechips1 Check     Turn    10       J5 Check     STANTH Bet  £3.00 £16.00 £81.50 freechips1 Fold     J5 Call  £3.00 £19.00 £149.35 River    6       J5 Check     STANTH Check     J5 Show A Q    STANTH Show A 7    STANTH Win Pair of 7s £18.05  £99.55
  • ACAACA
    edited July 2010
    Many thanks DOHHHH and freechips (shockin luck and u shud raise an issue with the powers) for ur comments, I honestly thought this post wud raise some form of debate, and at the very least some comment from the Sky boys Rich etc etc, I guess it may have if it was posted by 1 of the chosen (self selected) few, I guess it's a frat pack issue, clearly I've failed to met the necessary standard of post, MAYBE 1 DAY

Always a pleasure
    ACA
  • ACAACA
    edited July 2010
    lol, I rest my case re JAMES post wats the deal with the site closing at 1am

24 hr delay and yet 15 posts within the hr, if ur in ur in

Always a pleasure
    ACA

• edited July 2010
    I got that popup message last night although I wasnt playing, thought it was weird they'd need to close 2 nights in a row.

Anyway, everyone left the site, and it looks like they've dropped a rightttttttt clanger.

Have u been onto someone to complain about this decision? Ithink u shud I wudnt let it go.......U have a stronggggggggggggg case