You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I'm my own worst enemy?

edited July 2010 in The Poker Clinic
hey there, dont know if this belongs in here because i dont have a specific hand to post but i guess im just asking for a few tips on hor to improve my poker game. ive been playing poker for less than a year, i feel i can read the game quite well but only now has it become more serious.

i deposited £35 last week and my BR has went a good bit past the £100 mark but i still find myself calling when i shouldnt and bluffing when the other person has the cards im representing. as a result i lose chips or money depending on whether or not it is a cash game. is it better to not bluff at all in poker? is that a viable option?

also, in cash games what are the type of hands i should be laying down instead of calling? i try to call mst average hands and above in tournaments such as double your money when the blinds are low.

any tips at all really would help. thanks.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    best thing I can say is when you think you played a hand wrong or was confused, post it on here mate.

• edited July 2010

Manage ur bankroll - ur first post u realised u were playing out of ur depth.

Thn Isee u back there again.

Now ur back asking if ur ur own worst enemy

The answer is yes, and u know it
  • edited July 2010
    dont listen to Dohhhhhh hes a mup, if you got 100 in account go play nl100  its so much more fun when you got the lot on the line, and hey poker is supposed to be fun!!
  • edited July 2010
    What stakes do you play? microstakes 95% time dont bluff, if higher can bluff more. Abc poker up to 30nl works the lower you play tighten up

as Dohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh said main thing is Bankroll, one of my big problems ill get to grips with it and do well and then lose patience. You can still have fun within your bankroll just whether you enjoy playing poker or not