You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

the £22 bounty hunter...is king high ever good here?

2»

Comments

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: the £22 bounty hunter...is king high ever good here?:
    dylan you should ship hummmme some money cos from now on im never folding A high to you ever!
    Posted by scotty77
    I've never even seen you fold!!!!!
  • edited July 2010
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: the £22 bounty hunter...is king high ever good here? : not me
    Posted by philmenow
    also,changing names is so long winded,and then your never sure if the HH is gonna be entirely visible,so i dont...dont think i slate any1s play in my posts tho...in fact usually ends up with me getting mine slated,which doesnt bother me that much,and i listen to whats being said.
  • edited July 2010
    This is getting bit like 2 + 2 now, Area 51

Philmenow unlucky end of, no need to go any further. not the greatest call by dylan but they are a good tournament player and the fact you have been seen to be LAG that alone would get the call. they may have thought i need to hit and did also, thats poker for you get over it. you should be glad if you have these calls in future as your win more then you lose
  • edited July 2010
    Regardless of everything else, one thing jumped out at me...

obviously i realise the villain in this hand is a regular poster so therefore please avoid the bog standard jumping to his defence cos he posts a lot nonsense.

Read it again, he's not saying Dylan posts a lot of nonsense. It's just a not particularly well phrased sentence, should be 'please avoid the bog standard 'jumping to his defence cos he posts a lot' nonsense'. Unless that's been misinterpreted as well, I'm pretty sure not though.

Vul with the beat, speculative call admittedly but you do get that in tourneys. Ultimately though, those are the calls you want- since over time your opponent isn't always going to hit their card- so when you get a beat like that, take a note that your opponent calls extremely lightly, and then whenever you go in against them with a strong hand, remember you can bet a lot more and get paid more often than not.
  • edited July 2010
    deuceslive has it right...bit surprised he is the only one who has.  it was a poorly phrased sentence but at no point do i say dylan posts a load of nonsense.  what i wanted to avoid (although ultimately it happened anyway) was finding a load of players who will just stick up for his play regardless of the situation.  if this has been interpreted incorrectly i apologise. 

obviously as has been pointed out in the thread i dont post often on the forums (probably will remain that way) so i didnt realise it was frowned upon to post the name of the player in the hand.  as you can see from my original post i didnt even think the hand had copied across correctly so unlikely i would spend any time crossing out an opponents name.

thank you for all the genuine comments on the hand.
  • edited July 2010

huuuuume - it looks to me as if you got very unlucky to be honest.  i dont like the call at all it just looks like you found someone who wasnt going to fold no matter how obviously behind they were - it happens.  i know its not easy when you have been sucked out on but you played the hand very well, got it in a long way ahead which is all that you can ask for

• edited July 2010
    deuceslive has it right...bit surprised he is the only one who has.  it was a poorly phrased sentence but at no point do i say dylan posts a load of nonsense.  what i wanted to avoid (although ultimately it happened anyway) was finding a load of players who will just stick up for his play regardless of the situation.  if this has been interpreted incorrectly i apologise.  obviously as has been pointed out in the thread i dont post often on the forums (probably will remain that way) so i didnt realise it was frowned upon to post the name of the player in the hand.  as you can see from my original post i didnt even think the hand had copied across correctly so unlikely i would spend any time crossing out an opponents name. thank you for all the genuine comments on the hand.
    Posted by huuuuume
    This should have made you edit his name out even more, you know hes a regular poster and popular member of the forum, you didnt want people sticking up for him just because of that, if you had edited his name out, and nobody knew it was him you may have got different answers
  • edited July 2010

i think you're probably right.  to be honest removing the name hadnt even crossed my mind.  i didnt realise it was such a big issue

• edited July 2010
    Some of the content on here is 'off-topic' at very best and not pertinent to the hand that was posted. When posting a hand for comment please try to present table image/previous history, etc as neutrally as possible, otherwise it can soon turn into something like the above.

Remember what we're trying to do on here folks. Now, back to the hand please or I'll be forced to lob it into Area 51 and we don't want that ;)

Thanks all,
    Sky Dave
  • edited July 2010
    deuceslive has it right...bit surprised he is the only one who has.  it was a poorly phrased sentence but at no point do i say dylan posts a load of nonsense.  what i wanted to avoid (although ultimately it happened anyway) was finding a load of players who will just stick up for his play regardless of the situation.  if this has been interpreted incorrectly i apologise.  obviously as has been pointed out in the thread i dont post often on the forums (probably will remain that way) so i didnt realise it was frowned upon to post the name of the player in the hand.  as you can see from my original post i didnt even think the hand had copied across correctly so unlikely i would spend any time crossing out an opponents name. thank you for all the genuine comments on the hand.
    Posted by huuuuume
    fair comments, i apologise for over reacting
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: the £22 bounty hunter...is king high ever good here? : OP was not reasonable by a) mentioning villains name and then criticising his play, and b) saying he posts a lot of nonsense (which is not true imo) If a guy calls me here, i do appreciate the call, and i am happy because i got my money in ahead. If he hits the river, so be it, suck it up and move on to the next game.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    This post sums it up... crazy calls suck out on river ur ahead when chips went in what more can u do.
  • edited July 2010
    this is a bit harsh to Dylan, lets give him credit for leading the turn in order to induce you to check shove all those hands he has locked... KQ is a snap call here, It was just a total cooler that u had 2nd pair!

U basically got owned and if the river bricked you wouldnt have deserved the pot.