You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

that time again...

edited August 2010 in Area 51
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
BLOOMIN Small blind  50.00 50.00 1430.00
POOLSFAN1 Big blind  100.00 150.00 4625.00
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • A

BamBam10 Fold     
lebillyjo Call  100.00 250.00 1745.00
philmenow All-in  735.00 985.00 0.00
mayson Fold     
BLOOMIN Fold     
POOLSFAN1 Fold     
lebillyjo Call  635.00 1620.00 1110.00
lebillyjo Show
  • A

philmenow Show
  • J
  • A

Flop

Turn

• Q

River

lebillyjo Win Pair of 2s 1620.00  2730.00

Comments

• edited July 2010
    I came 12th in the 1.2k gtd bounty hunter last night.

I got it in blind on blind v the big stack, I raised, he shoved with K2 (obviiusly making a stand, I had been bullying him, and he slipped right into the trap)

Anyway the flop was safe.

The turn was safe.

The river was a king!!!

He was the big stack, I would have been 2nd in chips had I held, and a chance to make my first final table for what seems like years!!

So gutted
  • edited July 2010
    Very unlucky what can you do, main problem here is how you got so lowstacked because that was why you was called, if you had more chips they would fold here unless there a complete donk. but they felt it was a good spot to chip up and got lucky
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: that time again...:
    Very unlucky what can you do, main problem here is how you got so lowstacked because that was why you was called, if you had more chips they would fold here unless there a complete donk. but they felt it was a good spot to chip up and got lucky
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    basically evry1 else was getting all the cards(judging by the amount of raising/re-raising),while i was getting jack(unsuited non connectors)...lost a chunk with 44,then got these (AJ),spose a suited ace looks kinda pretty,wouldnt have minded so much if theyd hit the flush but a d amn 2...o well,..
  • edited August 2010
    Yeah they are always calling in these spots on here people get far too attached to suited cards and suited ace especially. Still post some hands from other stages of the tournament where you lose your other chips put in poker clinic it maybe that you was card dead and this was your only opportunity and more often people are calling this against the shortstack so bound to get some bad beats. I just think maybe you have been calling too much up to this point or unlucky when picking the spots to raise i dont know post more so we can see