You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The August Freeroll Festival

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat
Party hats at the ready!

I'm pleased announce the brand new 'August freeroll festival' and a whole load of delightful freeroll nuggets for you all to enjoy!

Check the lobby now or click below!

Full details here

[freeroll nuggets - enjoy responsibly]

Comments

• edited July 2010
    well done sky, can i just ask are all these free roll's rebuy tournaments?
  • edited July 2010

Forget freerolls - use the "freeroll money" to add to the guarentees for paying customers, just INCASE there is a tiny bit of overlay (there wont be), which u seem to be so scared of.
  • edited July 2010

i agree totally and 100% with the above post.  put the money in the gtds on cash tourneys and give the freerolls a miss please

• edited July 2010
    Makes me wanna dig out my Rick Waller Greatest Hits single.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: The August Freeroll Festival:
    Makes me wanna dig out my Rick Waller Greatest Hits single.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    did he have a hit?

I agree Dohhhhhhh only 1 of the freerolls are at a time playable to the average working person anyway.
  • edited July 2010
    Forget freerolls - use the "freeroll money" to add to the guarentees for paying customers, just INCASE there is a tiny bit of overlay (there wont be), which u seem to be so scared of.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    If the freerolls encourage more beginners to try the game and the site, and pay for themselves with the rebuys, are they such a bad thing?

Winning a bit of freeroll cash has encouraged me to spend some of it on dearer and deeper tournaments than I was playing. More people doing that has to be good for the site.
  • edited July 2010
    there wont be any dearer and deeper tournaments left.  guaranteed prize pools have halfed in the last few weeks so there is no point having so many freerolls if there is nothing for the player that wins the freeroll to invest his winnings into.

all the beginners you talk about will be forced to donk it off on the cash tables as there are so few options for mtts
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to The August Freeroll Festival:
    Party hats at the ready! I'm pleased announce the brand new 'August freeroll festival' and a whole load of delightful freeroll nuggets for you all to enjoy! Check the lobby now or click below! Full details here [freeroll nuggets - enjoy responsibly]
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Why is it we can register for friday's and sunday's  freeroll's, but can't register for saturday's. these rebuy freeroll tournaments have had their trouble in the past, hoping it's not starting already? 
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to The August Freeroll Festival : Why is it we can register for friday's and sunday's  freeroll's, but can't register for saturday's. these rebuy freeroll tournaments have had their trouble in the past, hoping it's not starting already? 
    Posted by chirker
    Morning Mr Chirker from beautiful Chirk in Wales. (I once played Chirk Golf Club - very nice too).

It's just a function of how scheduled Tournaments "spawn" in the Lobby. "spawn" is the trade term used for how Tables or Tourneys automatically appear in the Lobby.

The default setting for "regular" or "normal" is that they spawn 24 hours (though that can vary) in advance, the exception being "Big" Tourneys, Main Events, featured Tourneys, etc.

So, when you wrote your Post, you could & should be able to register for the Friday Freeroll, because it was within the 24 hour window.

You would NOT have been able (at the time) to Register for Saturday Freerolls, because they were outside (beyond) the 24 hour window.

So how come you could have registered for the Sunday Freerolls, then? Well there's an explanation for that, too.

The "24 hour" thing is, as I said, a "default", it's what they normally do.

But in this case, because they announced the Festival on Thursday, made a lot of noise & hoohah, promoted it outside the Site, created a LP*, & generally huffed & puffed about the Festival, they thought it would sense to stick Sunday's "inaugural" Freeroll Fessie freerolls into the Lobby early, to help generate noise, & interest.

The logic there is that poker players don't generally think about entering Tourneys days in advance. But will all the huff & puff & noise attracting a lot of new eyeballs, uniques & clicks to the Site, it was thought best to spawn them early, because once players see & enter the first set of Freerolls (on Sunday), they are more likely to remember & realise that these are available. 

PS - Question for you. Is it "a" or "b"?

a) The above info is true & factual.

b) I made it all up.

Enjoy!

PS - An "LP" = "Landing Page. See..... http://www.skypoker.com/freeroll/?tracking=poker170_reg
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: The August Freeroll Festival : Morning Mr Chirker from beautiful Chirk in Wales. (I once played Chirk Golf Club - very nice too). It's just a function of how scheduled Tournaments "spawn" in the Lobby. "spawn" is the trade term used for how Tables or Tourneys automatically appear in the Lobby. The default setting for "regular" or "normal" is that they spawn 24 hours (though that can vary) in advance, the exception being "Big" Tourneys, Main Events, featured Tourneys, etc. So, when you wrote your Post, you could & should be able to register for the Friday Freeroll, because it was within the 24 hour window. You would NOT have been able (at the time) to Register for Saturday Freerolls, because they were outside (beyond) the 24 hour window. So how come you could have registered for the Sunday Freerolls, then? Well there's an explanation for that, too. The "24 hour" thing is, as I said, a "default", it's what they normally do. But in this case, because they announced the Festival on Thursday, made a lot of noise & hoohah, promoted it outside the Site, created a LP*, & generally huffed & puffed about the Festival, they thought it would sense to stick Sunday's "inaugural" Freeroll Fessie freerolls into the Lobby early, to help generate noise, & interest. The logic there is that poker players don't generally think about entering Tourneys days in advance. But will all the huff & puff & noise attracting a lot of new eyeballs, uniques & clicks to the Site, it was thought best to spawn them early, because once players see & enter the first set of Freerolls (on Sunday), they are more likely to remember & realise that these are available.  PS - Question for you. Is it "a" or "b"? a) The above info is true & factual. b) I made it all up. Enjoy! PS - An "LP" = "Landing Page. See..... http://www.skypoker.com/freeroll/?tracking=poker170_reg
    Posted by Tikay10
    I would like to answer A, because your such an honest guy.But after reading it 3 time's , and not having a clue what your talking about , I'm just not sure. I  do know I have entered friday and sunday freeroll's, and hopefully will be able to enter saturdays sometime soon, thankyou. 
  • edited July 2010
    Tikay, Chirk GC is a flat slogger and used to boast the longest par 5 in the UK ...... you probably played Llangollen GC which is just up the road. I used to be a member at both and the only one you could describe as very nice is Llan.

The test of which course you played is whether you came off after 18 holes with a headache or not. If you did it was Chirk.
  • edited July 2010
    Tikay, Chirk GC is a flat slogger and used to boast the longest par 5 in the UK ...... you probably played Llangollen GC which is just up the road. I used to be a member at both and the only one you could describe as very nice is Llan. The test of which course you played is whether you came off after 18 holes with a headache or not. If you did it was Chirk.
    Posted by elsadog
    Can't really argue with you there elsa , as I spend more time in the clubhouse than on the golf course.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: The August Freeroll Festival : Can't really argue with you there elsa , as I spend more time in the clubhouse than on the golf course.
    Posted by chirker
    Ahhh now the clubhouse and the guys there are a different matter ....... top rate.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to The August Freeroll Festival:
    Party hats at the ready! I'm pleased announce the brand new 'August freeroll festival' and a whole load of delightful freeroll nuggets for you all to enjoy! Check the lobby now or click below! Full details here [freeroll nuggets - enjoy responsibly]
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    coool  love it
  • edited August 2010
    can we have one or two omaha and omaha hi lo freerolls?
  • edited August 2010
    Tried entering one of these freerolls last night but it wouldn't show the table even though it said I was sat at it....seems that Sky poker is not compatible with google's 'Chrome' browser according to the techies. Shame.

Might have to change my IP browser then....question is....Windows 8 or Mozilla Firefox??

• edited August 2010
    I'd go for firefox. it works just great for me.
  • edited August 2010
    can we have one or two omaha and omaha hi lo freerolls?
    Posted by iBLUFF
    +1 Yeah, any chance of some Omaha?
  • edited August 2010
    loving all these freerolls :D
    very good fun and great practice

THANK YOU SKY xxx
  • atwatw
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, for a newbie to the game of poker this is fantastic without me risking anything. Muchos gracias.
  • edited August 2010

Thanks Sky!
    Went bust a couple of months ago on here playing the cash tables, ever since ive been working on my MTT game, and i just came 1st out of 2,000+ in tonights freeroll for £105 :D cheers

• edited August 2010
    How about pot limit Texas?
  • edited August 2010
    what is  the password  for the    super 6  which is on later on , 20.82010  thanks   folks
  • edited August 2010
    what is  the password  for the    super 6  which is on later on , 20.82010  thanks   folks
    Posted by sly77
    From talking to Sky_Rich last week it appears they will be emailing the password to those that have entered the Super 6 so make sure that Sky have your email address registered corrctly on your account page.  Last week they also published the password on their facebook page "Soccer Saturday Super 6" early Saturday afternoon.
  • edited August 2010
    I have really enjoyed the Freerolls & last night I came 3rd out of all those entrants!! It really did get exciting at the end & so I say to people persevere through the first rounds where all the 'aways' can get boring!! I also ask for freerolls for Omaha, this is new & needs encouragement for people to play, I love it, so come on Sky get promoting it!!