You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

alot of advice needed...

edited July 2010 in The Poker Clinic
hello, am fairly new here... but managed 2 win a few bounty hunters last nite... and not doing to bad... but i see myself playing alot more pots than i need to as i go after the bountys, also in the early part of the tourny what hands do you need to play? as i raised 4 times BB with AQ and got grief from the guy? am i wrong or?

Craig

Comments

• edited July 2010
    In Response to alot of advice needed...:
    hello, am fairly new here... but managed 2 win a few bounty hunters last nite... and not doing to bad... but i see myself playing alot more pots than i need to as i go after the bountys, also in the early part of the tourny what hands do you need to play? as i raised 4 times BB with AQ and got grief from the guy? am i wrong or? Craig
    Posted by KentLad

I dont think you need much advice tbh
  • edited July 2010
    no 4 x AQ standard really, just keep doing what your doing if your doing well

any advice visit the poker clinic, good luck mate
  • edited July 2010
    hello, am fairly new here... but managed 2 win a few bounty hunters last nite... and not doing to bad... but i see myself playing alot more pots than i need to as i go after the bountys, also in the early part of the tourny what hands do you need to play? as i raised 4 times BB with AQ and got grief from the guy? am i wrong or? Craig
    Posted by KentLad
    I would be a lot more inclined to give grief to someone if they limped with that hand, by raising you take charge of the hand most likely can gain position and can also c-bet if you miss. So well played imo.
  • edited July 2010
    Posted by KentLad
    Looks like you're doing a lot right. Ignore the whingers and stick to your game.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: alot of advice needed...:
    In Response to alot of advice needed... : I would be a lot more inclined to give grief to someone if they limped with that hand, by raising you take charge of the hand most likely can gain position and can also c-bet if you miss. So well played imo.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Agree,no limping with a vulnerable hand like AQ,you just gotta beware the limpers with AK and AA,crafty bunch of chip thieving so and so's.I play these b/h's alot myself and have a fair record in them but the times ive been done with players limping with monsters in these tournies is countless.dav